ADVERTISEMENT

Honest Q's For Mavens on This Board

RutgersMO

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jun 24, 2001
Rutgers & NJ @ Heart
Will there be a midnight madness or virtual simulation?

When is the season scheduled to begin? Which teams have we dropped (if any) due to pandemic.

Any other changes? R we still playing the Shoe?

I'm hoping that this year we continue to take no prisoners ....and even elevate our game (results).
With RHJ, Geo, Mathis, Young, Myles, Big Cliff, Caleb, Mulcahy and some production from our frosh I feel we have the nucleus for a team that goes beyond the first round or two of the dance.

Thanks in advance.

MO

Don't think I'm a board "maven," but I have been a Rivals member for almost 20 years. I also have no inside information about your questions, so take my answers FWIW:

Common sense tells me there will NOT be a Midnight Madness during a pandemic. MM is a fan-oriented event, and if you can't have fans there, well, it makes no sense to hold the event.

The B1G has not yet announced anything about the basketball season. There was talk a while back that the season would be conference only, but then there was talk earlier this week about some of the major early season tournaments/events occurring in a bubble, including the Jimmy V Classic (in which we are supposed to play Baylor).

As for SHU, again, it depends on whether they allow OOC games, though I suspect the B1G will end up allowing a limited number of OOC games, and I would think our game against SHU would be one that both schools would work hard to preserve.

Reactions: RutgHoops
MO, are things getting better around your home with the fire? Be safe.

@ HeavenUniv.

Thanks....I keep looking outside at the YELLOW sky.
Updates / News

At least the wind gusts are diminished. Also checking sites (interactive map of fires in the US...and checking on the Chehalem Mountain Fire- which is the closest).

Thanks for asking.

GO RU!

MO
Don't think I'm a board "maven," but I have been a Rivals member for almost 20 years. I also have no inside information about your questions, so take my answers FWIW:

Common sense tells me there will NOT be a Midnight Madness during a pandemic. MM is a fan-oriented event, and if you can't have fans there, well, it makes no sense to hold the event.

The B1G has not yet announced anything about the basketball season. There was talk a while back that the season would be conference only, but then there was talk earlier this week about some of the major early season tournaments/events occurring in a bubble, including the Jimmy V Classic (in which we are supposed to play Baylor).

As for SHU, again, it depends on whether they allow OOC games, though I suspect the B1G will end up allowing a limited number of OOC games, and I would think our game against SHU would be one that both schools would work hard to preserve.

@ Degaz-RU
Thanks!

What about ZOOM or Zoom video released for consumption by Rutgers Nation?

MO

Who says you’re not a maven? I agree with everything you just posted. I agree about OOC. I think a couple of key games would go forward as prep before conference play. SHU would fall in that category as would games like Iowa-ISU, Wisconsin-Marquette, Xavier-Cincy, etc.

Reactions: RutgHoops
I doubt it will happen, but it would be great if a bunch of the NJ teams bubbled up for a week and got to play each other over the course of 4-6 days. There are certainly enough dorm rooms available to make it happen. We'll likely need a few non conference wins with the way the Big 10 schedule will play out.

Reactions: RutgersMO
I doubt it will happen, but it would be great if a bunch of the NJ teams bubbled up for a week and got to play each other over the course of 4-6 days. There are certainly enough dorm rooms available to make it happen. We'll likely need a few non conference wins with the way the Big 10 schedule will play out.

Nice idea !

GO RU!

MO

Am I right in my belief that there will be zero fans allowed this season? Even into 2021?

ADVERTISEMENT