ADVERTISEMENT

Hoops/Wrestling doubleheader at MSG

Hope that Rutgers or the basketball/wrestling boosters clubs run buses to the games. Don’t want to drive and pay rip off parking and bridge tolls.

I wonder if RU must agree to some future compensation to Michigan for this, aside from Michigan getting the home team share of the revenue for the event.

Drive to Secaucus. Park for $30 take the train $8.50 round trip. It drops you in the basement of MSG.
Or drive to New Brunswick or any of the who knows how many other places in NJ with train stations that take you directly to MSG!
Where do you live heaven?

RUBigtime, I live in Manchester and have no interest in using mass transit. Would be fine with a bus from the RAC parking lot right to MSG.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
RUBigtime, I live in Manchester and have no interest in using mass transit. Would be fine with a bus from the RAC parking lot right to MSG.

That's funny, I feel the opposite. I find the train to be very relaxing. I would never consider taking a bus to the city. Bus is the absolute worst way to travel in my opinion.

That said, I typically drive. If you drive in the river crossing will be $14, and it will be another $45 - $60 for parking. Its not the biggest deal for a double header. There is a parking deck at MSG, and several others close by. If you book parking in advance, you can usually get it at a discount.

Coming from Manchester, you can also take the ferry from Atlantic Highlands right to 39th street. That is a very doable option for you.

that's why the Secaucus option is so great. You drive to the station so you have control, and, because almost every line runs through Secaucus trains come every 4 minutes...and it's only one stop...a 13 minute train ride.

Really hope this is on a Saturday late afternoon or night(article says maybe last Saturday in Jan). I plan on asking the wife if she would like to head to NYC for a nice dinner and take in the sights. First stop the historic MSG.....wow honey I cant believe it RU is wrestling, what luck!!

Really hope this is on a Saturday late afternoon or night(article says maybe last Saturday in Jan). I plan on asking the wife if she would like to head to NYC for a nice dinner and take in the sights. First stop the historic MSG.....wow honey I cant believe it RU is wrestling, what luck!!

I’m thinking 1 and 4PM starts.

I’m thinking 1 and 4PM starts.
If it's those times, it would absolutely blow monkey balls. Figure a wresting match takes around 2 hrs.. That leaves less than an hour to eat. MSG doesn't serve great food and a hot dog vendor just ain't going to cut it for me. If I'm traveling to the City(I don't do often) I want to go all out and get a good meal. That hour intermission would simply suck.

If it's those times, it would absolutely blow monkey balls. Figure a wresting match takes around 2 hrs.. That leaves less than an hour to eat. MSG doesn't serve great food and a hot dog vendor just ain't going to cut it for me. If I'm traveling to the City(I don't do often) I want to go all out and get a good meal. That hour intermission would simply suck.

MSG has GREAT food options these days!! Plus, it’s a “double header,” not a “day-night” type of thing. I highly doubt they would leave more than an hour between wrestling and basketball. They want people in the building, and spending money in the building, not going out the other bars and restaurants, think about it.

Reactions: BanjoSaysWoof
that's why the Secaucus option is so great. You drive to the station so you have control, and, because almost every line runs through Secaucus trains come every 4 minutes...and it's only one stop...a 13 minute train ride.
I prefer the $10 parking and r/t bus ticket from the North Bergen Park and Ride. The eight block walk is healthy. Secaucus parking at up to $40 is crazy. $$$$

I prefer the $10 parking and r/t bus ticket from the North Bergen Park and Ride. The eight block walk is healthy. Secaucus parking at up to $40 is crazy. $$$$

I could park for $10 in Hamilton.. But then it's a $33 round trip ticket.. And 70 minutes on the train.

I park on a side street near the Upper Montclair Train Station, free. Buy a Senior ticket each way , about $ 8 total, gets you right to Penn Station NYC /MSG. Since it's on a weekend, off peak fares in effect for those under Senior age, about $12 total. Conductors don't check for age unless you look under 30, lol. Many NJ Transit train stations have free side street parking near their stations , especially on weekends.

I'm guessing Tickets at MSG for this Double Header will start around $30 for the 2nd or 3rd levels. Doubt the 4th level will even be open.

On all these options, up to two kids 5-11 ride free on weekends with every paying adult. $$$$

That's funny, I feel the opposite. I find the train to be very relaxing. I would never consider taking a bus to the city. Bus is the absolute worst way to travel in my opinion.

That said, I typically drive. If you drive in the river crossing will be $14, and it will be another $45 - $60 for parking. Its not the biggest deal for a double header. There is a parking deck at MSG, and several others close by. If you book parking in advance, you can usually get it at a discount.

Coming from Manchester, you can also take the ferry from Atlantic Highlands right to 39th street. That is a very doable option for you.

You know it’s funny... back when I worked at CIT in midtown I loved taking the morning bus into Port Authority. Nice easy ride and most commuters were quiet and left you alone. I could close my eyes and relax in a fairly comfortable seat with the lights low. Meanwhile the train just seems crowded, hectic and you always have those loud ass clowns who have no concept of a quiet commute. Plus the bus was a direct line which is key since I live in Westfield where the Raritan Valley forces a Newark transfer.

Reactions: obrats
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT