ADVERTISEMENT

How Do the Brooklyn Nets Connect to Lebron James to Rutgers to Bronny James

RUinRochester

Redshirt
Gold Member
Apr 18, 2022
When word leaked this AM about Bronny James looking into Rutgers Basketball program, it was easy to dismiss for a number of reasons, and as I started to think a little more....

LeBron James is in the final (Players Option) and has disagreed in the decisions lately in the team and has refused to sign his extension

LeBron has hinted of a desire to reunite with Kyrie in LA (But the two teams haven't agreed on a package) If you can't get him, join him!

KD has requested to be traded, No deal fits to date that's agreeable.

Phil Jackson the ex husband of the owner of the L A Lakers, Jeannie Buss "advises, they should trade LeBron NOW while he has value, vs. potentially losing him for nothing next year" and rebuild on the fly

LeBron has always desired the possibility of playing with his sons, and some teams have hinted of a possibility of allowing

Lakers trade LeBron straight up for Brooklyn's KD and any other trade chips..

LeBron gets to monitor his sons progress, and can see every possible home game at Rutgers while connecting with the owner of the Nets and his China connections....

I know... seven degrees of Kevin Bacon.. but... you just never know. everything Lebron does is calculated. Just this weekend Bronny goes off for 30 at that big tournament.. and just so happens the next day we get this new possibility of Bronny James considering Rutgers...That doesn't just "Happen" in LeBron world. One can always dream..... (As a Brooklyn Nets AND Rutgers Fan)

I don’t understand why Rutgers is perceived as this major “obstacle” for dad. Nor do I understand the ridiculous comments in the Dylan Harper thread.

Socttie Pippen Jr. chose Vanderbilt. Not a blue blood BB program. so did Ron. I get that their dads played BB for midmajors but Lebron didn’t play anywhere. As long as his kid is competing amongst the best, I can’t see why he would care that much. If anything he’d probably be happiest for him to have the easiest path to stardom like Ron had. Lebron isn’t a fool. He knows his son needs college ball first.

And I love Ron, but it’s not like he was projected to be a one and done type kid. At the time, we weren’t battling blue bloods for his services. Pike developed a kid who outside of his name, really wasn’t that heavily recruited and made that kid a star. Not only that - but he positioned the Harper family to potentially become RU legends - hall of fame level should Dylan choose to carry on the legacy. Yet some on her are suggesting dad might be thinking a blue blood would’ve done more with Tpn. Seriously guys? Sometimes I just don’t understand our fans.

When word leaked this AM about Bronny James looking into Rutgers Basketball program, it was easy to dismiss for a number of reasons, and as I started to think a little more....

LeBron James is in the final (Players Option) and has disagreed in the decisions lately in the team and has refused to sign his extension

LeBron has hinted of a desire to reunite with Kyrie in LA (But the two teams haven't agreed on a package) If you can't get him, join him!

Phil Jackson the ex husband of the owner of the L A Lakers, Jeannie Buss "advises, they should trade LeBron NOW while he has value, vs. potentially losing him for nothing next year" and rebuild on the fly

LeBron has always desired the possibility of playing with his sons, and some teams have hinted of a possibility of allowing

LeBron gets to monitor his sons progress, and can see every possible home game at Rutgers while connecting with the owner of the Nets and his China connections....

I know... seven degrees of Kevin Bacon.. but... you just never know. everything Lebron does is calculated. Just this weekend Bronny goes off for 30 at that big tournament.. and just so happens the next day we get this new possibility of Bronny James considering Rutgers...That doesn't just "Happen" in LeBron world. One can always dream..... (As a Brooklyn Nets AND Rutgers Fan)
To be fair, LeBron was more than a little responsible for the situation in L.A. For better and worse.

giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: RUDiddy777
Or the James family would love to see their son play in "NYC" in the B1G (which is a conference that Lebron admires). As I posted on the round table, i talked to a former teammate and friend of LJ's about this and he said while it's a long shot, the only reason there's any chance is because of our location, our upwards trend, and our conference. Bronny can make some serious bank through NIL if he were in the NYC market. Don't think that isn't lost on the family. I was also told that all NIL deals will be handled through his dad so we wouldn't necessarily have to worry about that.

I don't think the people behind NIL had Bronny James in mind when they pushed for NIL. He would be a poster boy for everything that is wrong with it

I don't think the people behind NIL had Bronny James in mind when they pushed for NIL. He would be a poster boy for everything that is wrong with it
He is the perfect poster boy for NIL. He is not waiting for a booster to bribe him to go somewhere, he will pick his own school and he and his team will line up their own NIL deals. That is how it is supposed to work.

Last edited:

Most likely LeBron stays in LA, Bronny gets signed to G League team associated with LA.

Would be surprising. He’s wearing out his welcome in LA and with the front office.

He is the perfect poster boy for NIL. He is not waiting for a booster to bribe him to go somewhere, he will pick his own school and he and his team will line up their own NIL deals. That is how it is supposed to work.
I thought NIL was supposed to be about Geo running a bball camp in New Hampshire?

Lebron likes to play woke, we can have our own Hollowoke give him a call?

ADVERTISEMENT