ADVERTISEMENT

How many players are drafted from RU in 2019?

sct1111

All American
Nov 30, 2014
It could be a lot actually. More than we've had in a long time.

Possible draftees inclide:
Saquan Hampton
Blessuan Austin
Kevin Wilkins
Jerome Washington
Tariq Cole
maybe Isaiah Wharton

Anyone I'm missing?

Also with all this possible NFL level talent we should have no excuse to not be at least middle of the pack in the conference.

oh boy...hope they arent named in the investigation! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Saquan Hampton
Blessuan Austin
Kevin Wilkins
Jerome Washington
Tariq Cole
maybe Isaiah Wharton

Anyone I'm missing?

Also with all this possible NFL level talent we should have no excuse to not be at least middle of the pack in the conference.

Think you are missing Hilliman and perhaps LB Roberts

A question better asked at the end of the season. This year's performances/injuries could add or subtract names from all of the lists.

A question better asked at the end of the season. This year's performances/injuries could add or subtract names from all of the lists.
Yeah of course I mean last year we probably could have bet Janarion Grant would be drafted.

Just curious as who we think has the potential to be drafted.

What about those who are gonna leave early? Do you think Sitkowski will be able to get dispensation to come out after his freshman year?

Saquan Hampton
Blessuan Austin
Kevin Wilkins
Jerome Washington
Tariq Cole
maybe Isaiah Wharton

Anyone I'm missing?

How does having a couple of Day 3 draft picks (Cole, Washington, Austin) & a bunch of UDFAs equate to middle of the pack in the Big Ten East? Especially when the depth chart is going to take a hit with potential suspensions or dismissals due to this credit card fraud investigation.

Reactions: miket007
How does having a couple of Day 3 draft picks (Cole, Washington, Austin) & a bunch of UDFAs equate to middle of the pack in the Big Ten East? Especially when the depth chart is going to take a hit with potential suspensions or dismissals due to this credit card fraud investigation.
Austin is projected as 2nd round provided he is healthy.

I’m gonna say 3 or 4 but I don’t know who. Depends on the season and then of course the combines and who is healthy.

I like Hampton the most on this list saw him play in high school and knew he wasn't a cb but I like those long strides with his good size

Look at the teams with 4 draft picks on this list. Pretty much every one of them were ranked at one point last year.

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2018/4/26/17287238/nfl-draft-results-2018-by-college-conference

Look at the teams with 4 draft picks on this list. Pretty much every one of them were ranked at one point last year.

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2018/4/26/17287238/nfl-draft-results-2018-by-college-conference

That's great but seriously none of that relates to RU's situation and your premise that this team should finish middle of the pack with "possible" NFL talent.

A lot has to go right quickly for that to occur but with unproven OL & DL, most likely an inexperienced QB, WRs who need to emerge in real games, and potential depth issues due to potential suspensions or dismissals I think it's an unrealistic expectation.

We can agree to disagree here.

The 2014 team had 14 players that made NFL rosters (practice squads to starters).

The 2014 team was middle of the pack B1G.

Reactions: Rokodesh
What about those who are gonna leave early? Do you think Sitkowski will be able to get dispensation to come out after his freshman year?
Is this trolling this thread? You're the moderator.. if this was a joke, what are you doing mentioning a player like this? If you meant this to be about how premature this whole thread topic is, why name a player as a foil to your joke?

Reactions: sct1111
That's great but seriously none of that relates to RU's situation and your premise that this team should finish middle of the pack with "possible" NFL talent.

A lot has to go right quickly for that to occur but with unproven OL & DL, most likely an inexperienced QB, WRs who need to emerge in real games, and potential depth issues due to potential suspensions or dismissals I think it's an unrealistic expectation.

We can agree to disagree here.
Hey just trying to create conversation.

Is this trolling this thread? You're the moderator.. if this was a joke, what are you doing mentioning a player like this? If you meant this to be about how premature this whole thread topic is, why name a player as a foil to your joke?
I just wanted to spark conversation about who we all thought has pro potential on our team. Jeez. Of course it's premature and speculation. This is a message board not Espn.

Who would have thought attempting to talk about something positive for this team would be met with such negativity and sarcasm.

Hey just trying to create conversation.

Fair enough

I just wanted to spark conversation about who we all thought has pro potential on our team. Jeez. Of course it's premature and speculation. This is a message board not Espn.

Who would have thought attempting to talk about something positive for this team would be met with such negativity and sarcasm.

He was replying to DJSpanky's comment. I guess he feels moderators need to be straight-laced, buttoned down, rules following nerdy types...lol

He was replying to DJSpanky's comment. I guess he feels moderators need to be straight-laced, buttoned down, rules following nerdy types...lol
So I guess I should check my sense of humor at the door.
icon_mrgreen_zps1e660791.gif

Reactions: -RUFAN4LIFE-
I think Austin and Cole get drafted. Also think there is a chance for Wharton to go in the later rounds.

Fair enough

Yeah my point about the sarcasm was aimed at the moderator. Thought it was a strange comment.

So I guess I should check my sense of humor at the door.
icon_mrgreen_zps1e660791.gif
Not the sense of humor.. if you made a joke without pointing to a specific Rutgers player I would have found it odd.. but not insulting.
Here's how I interpreted your joke:

You are satirizing the OP post.. which is fine.. but you did it in such a way as to doubt a specific players abilities even before they have taken a snap... in addition to a general negative comment about the possibility that some players might be good enough to leave early.

Why should the players be subject to that just so you can make a joke?

Find another way to make your point.

. but you did it in such a way as to doubt a specific players abilities even before they have taken a snap... in addition to a general negative comment about the possibility that some players might be good enough to leave early.
That was never the intention - I was being factious towards those who have designated Artur Sitkowski as an All-Big 10 QB before he's taken a single snap. I have no doubt the kid's gonna be good, better than we've seen in quite a while, but let 'em take a snap, settle in behind center, face some competition before piling the fate of RU football on his shoulders.

I would never denigrate any of our players.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT