ADVERTISEMENT

How many players transfer out after this season?

Maybe 1-2 like every year. Yes, we will have enough players.

Stop trying to troll for attention. If you’re saying they’ll transfer because they’re bad, then either a) it’ll be surprising that another team would want bad players or b) you should be happy that they’re going.

Maybe 1-2 like every year. Yes, we will have enough players.

Stop trying to troll for attention. If you’re saying they’ll transfer because they’re bad, then either a) it’ll be surprising that another team would want bad players or b) you should be happy that they’re going.
You must not be watching the games. Troll for attention lmao

The foundation he laid was good lengthy athletes but the model seems to now be blowing up bc those same athletes can’t shoot, shoot FTs and aren’t giving the typical effort. So the model will fail. Better start recruiting some shooters. Hopefully Jones is the start

it's been building up with each loss. After the Illinois win, there was actually Final Four talk. Now they want Pike fired. It's actually funny
That's emotion, emotion is SOP... but some of this stuff is really dumb. I guess I got used to this board having a little more of an intellectual/experiential base than a lot of boards because it was just the people who could stomach decades of losing.

Reactions: hiwater
If better players come in, you can bet some of the lesser talent will leave.
This program isn't a top one, it's still in the building stage and as the team gets better talent some
of the players that was getting minutes before see the writing on the wall and find a program that wuill give them playing time that they wouldn't be getting ifthey stayed at Rutgers

That's emotion, emotion is SOP... but some of this stuff is really dumb. I guess I got used to this board having a little more of an intellectual/experiential base than a lot of boards because it was just the people who could stomach decades of losing.
I think it was also a case of the bandwagon filling up after last season. For example there is one poster who returned this year after being gone for years. Now poof he's gone again

Before tonight I would have said Mathis and Young. After tonight, Mathis and Young.

I can't imagine anyone who has watched more than 1 season of college basketball would think this is some program-destroying slump. Back of the line, kiddies. This doesn't even register
Seriously. Five game losing streak sucks, not living up to expectations sucks, but yikes the whining from some of the folks on here. Thankful these people weren’t posting here last year when we went 2-6 in the month of February (and would have gone 1-7 if not for a very late comeback against a pretty bad Northwestern team). At least then I was still able to come to this board and read some relatively insightful posts without having to wade through the deep sea of sh!tposts we have had here lately.

Seriously. Five game losing streak sucks, not living up to expectations sucks, but yikes the whining from some of the folks on here. Thankful these people weren’t posting here last year when we went 2-6 in the month of February (and would have gone 1-7 if not for a very late comeback against a pretty bad Northwestern team). At least then I was still able to come to this board and read some relatively insightful posts without having to wade through the deep sea of sh!tposts we have had here lately.
You must be new

Before tonight I would have said Mathis and Young. After tonight, Mathis and Young.
Young will be playing overseas next year. Mathis is just so inconsistent. How many times a game do you say wtf with some of Mathis’ shots etc. Has to be several times a game.

I have no ideas on transfers etc but anyone who wants to transfer can and play next year etc
Just my uneducated opinion:

- Young goes overseas to play professionally.
- Unless Geo recovers his form, I think he’s back
- Unless Harp is a guaranteed 1st round pick which is quite unlikely, he ll return. And hopefully for his sake, we have a 4 who can play
- There will inevitably be minimally 1-2 transfers.

I went to a D-2 school our hoops team was a laughingstock. I think one year we had 8 or 9 guys leave. We even had a kid quit the team in mid game

I went to a D-2 school our hoops team was a laughingstock. I think one year we had 8 or 9 guys leave. We even had a kid quit the team in mid game

mid-game. That’s hilarious. I hope he didn’t take the ball.

I have no ideas on transfers etc but anyone who wants to transfer can and play next year etc

- Unless Harp is a guaranteed 1st round pick which is quite unlikely, he ll return. And hopefully for his sake, we have a 4 who can play

I’d be shocked if Geo came back. Harper is certainly not going to the NBA but you seem awfully sure he’ll be back.

Young is a senior and can return next season if he wants by this season's NCAA rules but he cannot transfer to another school if he wanted to play another year in college. He may play overseas but that is his choice. I think Baker will return but that is just my opinion. I know he loves RU and I would think he would want to finish healthy and on a very good last season. Who knows everyone might return. We shall see. We are in the toughest league in the country and even with last night's loss to Penn State we are still rated # 45 in the country out of 357 D-1 teams.

I too always thought Geo would come back especially now after this years he’s having and even more if we do not reach NCAAs. Never know with transfers. Inevitably one of the freshman will look to leave thinking they didn’t get a fair shot and wil want to play right away. Mathis thinks he can be a star so depending on how the season ends he could be possible. And Cliff being such a highly rated recruit and really not having the season he hoped for, albeit Due to an injury, can never count out someone being in his ear about greener pastures.

Doucoure and Nathan ?

I don't understand why anyone would think that there's going to be a mass exodus. 1 or 2 guys who want more playing time will leave as usual. Does anyone think guys are going to leave because they don't like the school, the program or the coach?
Young will go pro overseas, Geo and Harper will be back.
Silly thread.

T
I too always thought Geo would come back especially now after this years he’s having and even more if we do not reach NCAAs. Never know with transfers. Inevitably one of the freshman will look to leave thinking they didn’t get a fair shot and wil want to play right away. Mathis thinks he can be a star so depending on how the season ends he could be possible. And Cliff being such a highly rated recruit and really not having the season he hoped for, albeit Due to an injury, can never count out someone being in his ear about greener pastures.
Think you're correct about Geo not going anywhere. Wouldn't
shock me if he wound up as a Pike assistant

ADVERTISEMENT