ADVERTISEMENT

How Ugly Will It Get at the Stadium Saturday,.........

I was planning to go to see friends but an errand came up that will prevent it...

In the old days I would have found a way to adjust schedule...didn't even bother this time

Reactions: goru1869 and CCvNYC
My guess is that the tailgating will go on a lot longer than usual and some may never make it into the stadium. As already noted, the loss last week was a shock beyond belief. Why would any rational person expect this team to just flip a switch and suddenly turn everything around?
I feel sorry for Sit as he was clearly not ready to do this yet. If he starts the game, I fear the crowd will lose it completely.

My guess is that the tailgating will go on a lot longer than usual and some may never make it into the stadium. As already noted, the loss last week was a shock beyond belief. Why would any rational person expect this team to just flip a switch and suddenly turn everything around?
I feel sorry for Sit as he was clearly not ready to do this yet. If he starts the game, I fear the crowd will lose it completely.
Because Kansas did that exact thing after losing to Nicholls State (who lost their next 2 games)?
Maybe Kansas was the WTF game like EMU was last year.
Just a glimmer of hope in a sea of doom.

Going to be ugly. Originally I thought 24-24 after 3 with UB scoring 10 in the 4th for a 34-24 victory. Then I came to my senses and realized this team has quit or will quit if they get down 10 or 14. 45-20 UB

During the Flood years, I always wondered whether Flood made some deal with Nova where he would start and play PERIOD. Maybe Flood thought this would open a pipeline to Bosco. And I am beginning to wonder about Ash and Sitkowski... though the stories of his recruiting do not support that theory.

But RUich is correct, imho. I have no problem giving AS the job and the starts.. but once you SEE he is "off".. making mistakes.. pull him and teach him.. coach him up. Keeping him out there to make the same mistakes over and over actually HARMS his development.

Even if you are Ash and McNulty and think the other QBs don't increase the chance of winning.. at this point you need to let them try.

I'll be there, but will probably leave early. Def want to boo Ash and talk a little smack his way, but will cheer the kids when possible and will enjoy some fall weather/tailgate.

Side note - the Penn State game will be a Penn State home game. Buddies of mine who didn't go to either school, but had previously come to games rooting for RU are now interested in coming to cheer for the pedos. Large groups of ppl want to hang w me on that date and in their PSU gear .I'm dreading the whole thing .

Sucks to be an RU fan right now.

I'll be there, but will probably leave early. Def want to boo Ash and talk a little smack his way, but will cheer the kids when possible and will enjoy some fall weather/tailgate.

Side note - the Penn State game will be a Penn State home game. Buddies of mine who didn't go to either school, but had previously come to games rooting for RU are now interested in coming to cheer for the pedos. Large groups of ppl want to hang w me on that date and in their PSU gear .I'm dreading the whole thing .

Sucks to be an RU fan right now.

I'm sure Ash will notice. He must be shaking in his shoes. :rolleyes:

During the Flood years, I always wondered whether Flood made some deal with Nova where he would start and play PERIOD. Maybe Flood thought this would open a pipeline to Bosco. And I am beginning to wonder about Ash and Sitkowski... though the stories of his recruiting do not support that theory.

But RUich is correct, imho. I have no problem giving AS the job and the starts.. but once you SEE he is "off".. making mistakes.. pull him and teach him.. coach him up. Keeping him out there to make the same mistakes over and over actually HARMS his development.

Even if you are Ash and McNulty and think the other QBs don't increase the chance of winning.. at this point you need to let them try.
Ash promised Bolin that he would start.
Ash promised Clark that he would play as a frosh (and, oh yeah, gave his brother a free ride too).
Ash promised Vretman that he would play as a frosh.
Ash promised Gus Edwards that he would start.
Ash promised Jon Hilliman that he would start.
Ash promised Sitkowski that he would start.

Look, that's the only sales pitch that Ash had left after the first year disaster. I understand that he needed to make promises to sign the grad transfers. But he did himself no favors in the short or long term with the h.s. kids.

Kansas had him shaking, so I actually believe you.
He was not sweating though--even in a black warmup top in the 90 plus degree heat!
1033770898.jpg.0.jpg

Reactions: TB4RU
I think the team will rally and we will eke out a win. The fans who are there will be treated to a good game. If the game stays close I don't see it getting ugly.
Agreed. The KU loss was horrible, but we're not that bad. If we get serviceable QB play from Gio and the rest of the team comes to play, we'll win.

Reactions: cicero grimes
A low turnout does not preclude ugliness. I hope we don't find out what happens if they continue to play bad and are down by two scores early. It is a legitimate question however and it will not be pretty if it happens. They may find a way to win but there is no legitimate reason to think they will based on the performances thus far. As others have stated, expect little and you won't be disappointed.

You’ll hear a “We Are....” chant reminiscent of the times we used to play them at the old Giants Stadium.

Wow. Moronic first few sentences. Nova was our beat QB by far in a very long time.

Reactions: drewbagel423
How Ugly Will It Get at the Stadium Saturday if we go down by a couple of scores early?

That depends upon whether Sitkowski has been the QB and the lack of offense on our part or the scoring on theirs is attributable to him.

Small crowd with little patience. Should make it easy to see the disgruntled fans with bags over their heads.

Very. A lot of empty seats to begin, lots of booing, <5k at end of game.
Texas had a home game (years ago) where they played terrible in the first half. When they came out for the second half at least half of the fans were gone (from a full stadium).

You really have to burned and angry with fraud dudes 1000% let down team. This defense will suck all yr you cant lose all these bodies and not feel it

First game in a long time that I don’t even know if the players care about showing up for. All I see on their social media is playing PlayStation as soon as they get back from the Kansas blowout. Where are the leaders on this team? I’m not a Schiano ass kisser, but does anyone think his teams would be screwing around after losing by 40 to Kansas.

Expecting a blowout because I know Buffalo will bring it, and our guys care about who has more swag on instagram.

Our players need to watch the press conference from the Nebraska player the other day.

So you are saying we should boo to inspire the players?
No, just looking for some positive cause and effect.
That could work the opposite way- the players may adopt the attitude that if the fans don't care, we don't care either.
Not advocating booing, but if there is booing, and there undoubtedly will be, hope the players can just player their best game and not be distracted.

Boos are low class.
If low class fans boo, hope the players get pissed and take it out on Buffalo.

If the team needs to be booed to realize they need to step it up, then people should boo them. And I don’t condone booing college players.

How ugly it gets in the stands is probably directly related to how ugly it gets on the field. History of the last two plus years says we will know right away. We come out not ready to play again and it could get very ugly very fast.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT