ADVERTISEMENT

How Ugly Will It Get at the Stadium Saturday,.........

But,But - What if we WIN?:pray:

There would be much rejoicing. yay.
rejoicing.gif

Reactions: BuckeyeLegion
I can only go by my own instincts..... as it was in the past, I never booed, but felt like doing so..... the booing would have been directed at the coaching staff, and coaching decisions.....

the last time we had a booing scandal, I felt like booing at the head coach, for not allowing the backup qb have a series or two, after he came in after an injury to the starter.

but never booing the players..... If Art throws a couple of devastating ints early, and gets sent back out again, I would FEEL like booing Ash....but I will not, because it is so easily misunderstood as directed at the player.

Reactions: phs73rc77gsm83
I'll be there, but will probably leave early. Def want to boo Ash and talk a little smack his way, but will cheer the kids when possible and will enjoy some fall weather/tailgate.

Side note - the Penn State game will be a Penn State home game. Buddies of mine who didn't go to either school, but had previously come to games rooting for RU are now interested in coming to cheer for the pedos. Large groups of ppl want to hang w me on that date and in their PSU gear .I'm dreading the whole thing .

Sucks to be an RU fan right now.

Easy solution, if they are wearing Ped State gear tell them not to come or minimally they are not allowed to hang with you at the tailgate or in game....They can take it someplace else.

Did I just have a stroke? What?
Have no idea what your saying if you got something to say say it
CC fraud guys let this whole team down plain and simple. D has lost at least 11 guys this yr will be catchup year. There is zero chance for 6 wins this season will be lucky for 3 W's. We needed a stiff D to keep us in games while offense worked thru growing pains. It is not going to happen at this point....comprende amigo

Reactions: RUMassAlum
No, just looking for some positive cause and effect.
That could work the opposite way- the players may adopt the attitude that if the fans don't care, we don't care either.
Not advocating booing, but if there is booing, and there undoubtedly will be, hope the players can just player their best game and not be distracted.
Players looked like they adopted that attitude in the game Sat., not caring that is.

PSU is going to be a white out.

I won't even turn on the TV to see the blood shed.

(unless by some miracle things change and in a big way)...I am going to try and sell my tix to another Rutgers fan as I am likely to lose it with one of those cult folks and get in a fight for the 1st time in my life. Just going to have to pretend this game isn't even happening.

I've been really chill at games anymore (the give up factor)...but I am still not grown up enough to look the other way about them. But smart enough to avoid the whole thing. I'll take the cash and buy my wife a nice dinner out.

Reactions: MozRU
Have no idea what your saying if you got something to say say it
CC fraud guys let this whole team down plain and simple. D has lost at least 11 guys this yr will be catchup year. There is zero chance for 6 wins this season will be lucky for 3 W's. We needed a stiff D to keep us in games while offense worked thru growing pains. It is not going to happen at this point....comprende amigo
You have no idea what I’m saying?! That was the purpose of my post - I had no idea what you were saying. Now that you have exanded on your original post your point is clear and I can’t say I disagree.

I was planning to go to see friends but an errand came up that will prevent it...

In the old days I would have found a way to adjust schedule...didn't even bother this time
Errand ? You have to clean gum off the bottom of your sneakers and waterproof your work boots ? Is that it ? Works for me.

Because Kansas did that exact thing after losing to Nicholls State (who lost their next 2 games)?
Maybe Kansas was the WTF game like EMU was last year.
Just a glimmer of hope in a sea of doom.

If we had Rutgers scheduled this weekend, I'd think we might be able to turn it around.

Not so sure otherwise.

:smiley:

Boos are low class.
If low class fans boo, hope the players get pissed and take it out on Buffalo.

Tongue in cheek, but if that's what it takes to motivate the players. I'll boo.
If it gets a W, people could call me low class, hell, I've been called worse. LOL.

if we are losing this game, boos will definitely come from the stands and most certainly be directed at the coaches. Cannot imagine at the end of the game, if we lose, that people will not voice their displeasure with the coaching staff

Reactions: beaced
First game in a long time that I don’t even know if the players care about showing up for. All I see on their social media is playing PlayStation as soon as they get back from the Kansas blowout. Where are the leaders on this team? I’m not a Schiano ass kisser, but does anyone think his teams would be screwing around after losing by 40 to Kansas.

Expecting a blowout because I know Buffalo will bring it, and our guys care about who has more swag on instagram.

Our players need to watch the press conference from the Nebraska player the other day.

Ash should watch it too.

I can only go by my own instincts..... as it was in the past, I never booed, but felt like doing so..... the booing would have been directed at the coaching staff, and coaching decisions.....

the last time we had a booing scandal, I felt like booing at the head coach, for not allowing the backup qb have a series or two, after he came in after an injury to the starter.

but never booing the players..... If Art throws a couple of devastating ints early, and gets sent back out again, I would FEEL like booing Ash....but I will not, because it is so easily misunderstood as directed at the player.
Is this being helpful? BOOOOO ASH! BOOOOO ASH!

Boos are low class.

If you are not happy with what you see on the field don't boo or get up and leave. As stated above booing, while directed at the coaching staff, will still be heard from the players

Boos are low class.

You are the king of deflecting blame and making excuses. Honestly, it’s more annoying than the negativity here.

The team sucks and fans have every right to be upset. Stop excusing this AD, HC and team from the garbage they’ve become.

That depends upon whether Sitkowski has been the QB and the lack of offense on our part or the scoring on theirs is attributable to him.
He sure was beat tossing 6 INTs in that Kent State game on Homecoming.. and Flood kept him out there. Sure.. I can see why it is "moronic' to comment based on that and other similar performances.

Be honest.. when Nova was tripping over himself falling backwards and threw the ball into the air just before his back hit the ground.. while seeing only SKY.. MULTIPLE TIMES he did that.. do you think any smart head coach would have sent that QB back out there?

That is such a bad decision.. REPEATED.. that it screamed that Nova had a screw loose in some ways in his decision making process. He should have gone to the bench or straight to the doghouse and that is what most head coaches would have done.. but not Flood.

This is what happens when you don't buy Flood insurance.
I hate to see Ash repeat Flood's mistakes.

Even if you think you are investing in the QB of the Future by keeping him in games and keep starting him... when he fails badly.. repeatedly.. you are sending a message to every QB on the team and every QB recruit that the job is his.. no openings.. Irish Need Not Apply.

And the message to WR recruits? This failing QB will be the one throwing to you.. don't worry. he'll get better. Please come. And to RB recruits? Don't worry.. other teams won't be able to run blitz every down next year.. defense will have to honor the pass.. so you will have much success here... please come.

My guess is that the tailgating will go on a lot longer than usual and some may never make it into the stadium. As already noted, the loss last week was a shock beyond belief. Why would any rational person expect this team to just flip a switch and suddenly turn everything around?
I feel sorry for Sit as he was clearly not ready to do this yet. If he starts the game, I fear the crowd will lose it completely.

Welcome to what is possibly the start of the next RU Rebuild. If we get handled by Buffalo then what does that say about the last 2 1/2 years under the Ash Rebuild?

We all assumed the bar would be higher than this during Year 3. But getting smacked around at home by Buffalo would represent a new fork in the road for RU FB.

He sure was beat tossing 6 INTs in that Kent State game on Homecoming.. and Flood kept him out there.
So we're back to blaming Flood? Damn!

Simply put, Sit has thrown 1 TD and 7 INT's, 3 of which were Pick 6's. Hell, he threw 3 INT's to a team that didn't have a single one last year. And so far has not had one since playing us. His 3 early INT's and 2 Pick 6's against Kansas basically took the team out of the game.

ADVERTISEMENT