ADVERTISEMENT

How Was Your Homecoming? Tailgating, Ticket, Entry, Game Experience

Totally disagree on the attendance. No way it was only 25K. There were at least 40,000 or so in the building at the peak.

If everyone on the upper deck and everyone in the concourse waking around and buying concessions in the the lower level was in a seat, the lower level would be about full. That’s almost 42K seats.
Obviously nether Iowa nor Nebraska was sold out. No argument there.
I agree with this. It was sort of a transient, late-arriving crowd.

Totally disagree on the attendance. No way it was only 25K. There were at least 40,000 or so in the building at the peak.

If everyone on the upper deck and everyone in the concourse waking around and buying concessions in the the lower level was in a seat, the lower level would be about full. That’s almost 42K seats.
Obviously nether Iowa nor Nebraska was sold out. No argument there.

I made it a point to pay close attention

There was never 40k there at peak

Maybe 32k ish give or take

The announced attendance of 43K is your clue..you should know better

Reactions: Rutgers2023
Great day all around - one remaining issue is blue lot exit. A bit better this weekend but still a mess.

Had a great time…. Group of 12, got to the blue lot around 8:15, it filled in quickly. Saw a couple sherrif’s walking but not bothering anyone and my 20 year old kid was having a beer with his old man lol. Got in to the stadium with no trouble (I had 2 tickets for relatives and my wife had mine. Fully expected some issue explaining that but was a breeze)….in our seats at 11:45. Made the mistake of buying a $14 beer I really did not need haha. No line at the bathroom by our seats in 128.

did a 30 minute post game tailgate to celebrate!

Side note, the boardwalk is really cool

and it’s awesome to be around a stadium and lot full of fellow Rutgers fans, being in Ohio I’m all alone surrounded by buckeyes.

Had a great time…. Group of 12, got to the blue lot around 8:15, it filled in quickly. Saw a couple sherrif’s walking but not bothering anyone and my 20 year old kid was having a beer with his old man lol. Got in to the stadium with no trouble (I had 2 tickets for relatives and my wife had mine. Fully expected some issue explaining that but was a breeze)….in our seats at 11:45. Made the mistake of buying a $14 beer I really did not need haha. No line at the bathroom by our seats in 128.

did a 30-minute post game tailgate to celebrate!

Side note, the boardwalk is really cool

and it’s awesome to be around a stadium and lot full of fellow Rutgers fans, being in Ohio I’m all alone surrounded by buckeyes.
These are the reports I want to hear. 👍

Good for you, @RUinOhio!

Reactions: RUinOhio
Agree with Skinny, weather makes or breaks it, and it was gorgeous so great time. Took the shuttle from the RAC and surprised it now stops much farther away, almost a half mile walk, seems far for a stadium shuttle, I would think they could work out something better. I guess they want everyone to go through the boardwalk, which was cool but thought there could have been a little more there, like games of chance or other fun things besides food, unless I missed it. I did grab a free chapstick from RJ Barnabas so not all bad. Hooked up with a tailgate of old classmates and brothers, nice to see people you don't see otherwise. Stadium looked great but surprised and light crowd, upper deck on west side looked less than 25% full. Really wish the band would play more, or all the music from the band, even if piped through the sound system for high volume. Bands really give it that college feel. We have a huge chearleading crew, and seemed to be a nice looking bunch. Rough start but nice to leave with a win, bottom line.

I can't even think about that. Must unsee any and all images completely.
It surely happened more than once but I knew all those involved in one of those port-o-flips circa 1986 or 87. Felt so bad for the guy (name withheld here).

How Was Your Homecoming? Tailgating, Ticket, Entry, Game Experience

So out tailgate was great, cracked our first beer shortly after 8. Late in the tailgate got a surprise visit from my old roommate and his wife (who was also practically a roommate), both of whom I marched with back in school. Not sure, but I think the last time I saw them together was my wedding, he was one of my groomsmen. We also had a few people who flew in, all in all it was a lot of fun and led to us being late getting into the stadium. We sat down just as they were kicking the extra point to go up 14-0.

Because we were running late, we breezed through the ticket line, no traffic whatsoever. And coming out they opened the gates at the base of the stairs unlike last game, when they forced people to clump together to go through the turnstyles.

The game experience was great because, hey, WE WON!!!. Also, it appears the scumbag season ticket holders next to us weren't able to unload their tickets, so we didn't have obnoxious opposing fans to deal with. Still think the train horn is a major turnoff: no one in our area likes it. Other than the train horn the sound system wasn't overly obnoxious. Still wish that the band played more instead of constantly filling up every millisecond of open air with the standardized sound package sold to every stadium.

One nitpicking thing: when the band played the Alma Mater at halftime, it was played way too slow, felt almost like a dirge. It's not supposed to be slow and ponderous: at least when they played it at the end of the game it was more upbeat.

I will say that overall this was the most enjoyable Homecoming in a long time.

Tailgate was very good. Met up with another to have 5 cars in a row. Chill tailgaiting for about 4 hours.

Sheeze, what losers did you end up merging tailgates with?

Great day all around - one remaining issue is blue lot exit. A bit better this weekend but still a mess.
I will say getting out of Blue was WAY easier yesterday & they were even letting people turn right early on.

We stayed for about an hour enjoying our victory beer: first Big 10 home game victory beer in almost 5 years! Did you notice that they appeared to be letting traffic coming out of the parking lot for the Rodkin Center into the Blue Lot to go out our exit? As if our lot doesn't back up enough already.

Because we were running late, we breezed through the ticket line, no traffic whatsoever. And coming out they opened the gates at the base of the stairs unlike last game, when they forced people to clump together to go through the turnstiles.
I wonder why that doesn't happen for every game?

Reactions: Knight Shift
Attended the Letterman's Tailgate in the glen. The caterer indicated a power failure of some sort had resulted in them not being able to provide lunch, and even the breakfast items were limited. So they gave us all $10 vouchers to be used inside the stadium. Once in the stadium, I purchased chicken fingers with fries and a beer at a concession booth. Total was $26. Kind of outrageous. With my voucher, I paid $13. Is that anyway to treat a guest on Homecoming? Wow....

I wonder why that doesn't happen for every game?

For every game but that one, since they opened the upper deck in 1994, they've always opened those gates at the base of the stairs.

Usually we lay out extra cash to upgrade parking since we are all old and lazy LOL. Green and Scarlet so far (we missed the Iowa game). You still going with Scott? Let me know if you ever want to join us.
Scarlet for Michigan?

If so, Scott and I are in.

ADVERTISEMENT