ADVERTISEMENT

HS USA All American Commits To Rutgers

Conor's dad was a star Rutgers LB back in the 80s. One of Conor's brothers plays lax for Drexel.
My son played against Conor this season and he definitely looks the part.
What position does Conor play?

He plays defense. He can play close or LSM. He looks like an absolute menace in the middle of the field. 6'3/6'4, long and can run. Brecht loves putting those guys in the middle of the field and letting wreck people. Prototype really.

We have Remi Reynolds who will be an All American more than once before he is done, imo. This kid looks like another in a growing list of studs we have had play D midfield.

We are slowly becoming DMid U. Our poles and shorties have been so good over the last 8 years. Lotta talent has come through those positions. Playmakers and athletes. The gas that makes our engine go.

Another article on him. This is a classic Brecht recruit. Multi sport athlete who very likely knows how to grind based on his success in all the sports he played, and a father who played D1 football. Lotta kids in the program have similar backgrounds. Let Hopkins take the kids who play lacrosse their entire lives. We will take the athletes.

He plays defense. He can play close or LSM. He looks like an absolute menace in the middle of the field. 6'3/6'4, long and can run. Brecht loves putting those guys in the middle of the field and letting wreck people. Prototype really.

We have Remi Reynolds who will be an All American more than once before he is done, imo. This kid looks like another in a growing list of studs we have had play D midfield.

We are slowly becoming DMid U. Our poles and shorties have been so good over the last 8 years. Lotta talent has come through those positions. Playmakers and athletes. The gas that makes our engine go.

6'3" 6'4" WR and DB? That screams speed easily enough to play LSM and close defense if they want. Or work on turning him into another Bartolo after a year or two with 20 lbs. of strength and conditioning.

You don't move a kid like that to attack.

Let him continue to develop as a D guy. If it was me, and knowing Brecht like I do, I'd expect to see him at LSM. We seem to see the game a similar way.

What position does Conor play?
He was playing LSM against us. He size and athletism appear to be a good fit at that position. I'm going to bet he stays there rather than close defense.

ADVERTISEMENT