ADVERTISEMENT

Huggins

FELONIOUSMONK

Heisman Winner
Apr 1, 2012
.His teams are so damned tough Outside of the big guy they are a collection of unknowns.To me anyway..Great coach. Tough loss tonight but an impressive gut.Put that next Budweiser down coach.It may kill ya..[thumb2]

Reactions: RU at the shore
This board has always hated Huggins. I believe prolific posters and mods scoffed at the idea of hiring him after Cincy fired him. I know he's a drunk and really doesn't recruit student athletes.
He's a great coach and that's all that matters.

Reactions: RU at the shore
He made the same mistake Hurley made vs Oregon, using his last time out way too early in a close game. It happens way too often in college to the point where I think the game would be improved if each team was given an extra time out to enable better execution in these late game situations.

Student athletes? At WVU? Or Cincy?That is why he is at one and made his mark at the other.As long as they don't kill anyone under his command he has done his job.. I don't believe he has ever portrayed himself as a great molder of character.

Reactions: JoeRU
He made the same mistake Hurley made vs Oregon, using his last time out way too early in a close game. It happens way too often in college to the point where I think the game would be improved if each team was given an extra time out to enable better execution in these late game situations.
No we don't need any more timeouts to stop play more than it already is.

No we don't need any more timeouts to stop play more than it already is.
Play stops because of incompetent officiating and poor clock operators. Having the ability to improve the execution in the final 30-60 seconds would be more of a good thing than not.

Huggins so darn impressive. Couldn't help but wish he was our coach while watching the game. No question that he could get similar, or better, talent to RU, than he gets to WVU

Student athletes? At WVU? Or Cincy?That is why he is at one and made his mark at the other.As long as they don't kill anyone under his command he has done his job.. I don't believe he has ever portrayed himself as a great molder of character.

I mean really who cares ? He's there to win basketball games . Last I checked no losing college basketball kept his job because he molded great character

he is a jerk and yells at players...is there evidence he is a bad guy (I am asking). From the little I observe it seems like he cares for his players.

Play stops because of incompetent officiating and poor clock operators. Having the ability to improve the execution in the final 30-60 seconds would be more of a good thing than not.
Coaches misusing timeouts is their problem. Lets just give them unlimited number of timeouts so they can orchestrate each play. At some point players have to play and the ones who execute best win.

Isn't part of the problem that he didn't prepare his team for that type of situation? Those last 30+ seconds were pathetic. Not one attempt to drive to the basket, even with Gonzaga missing free throws left and right. If that was us, people would be ABSOLUTELY KILLING our coach today, and rightfully so.

I think the focus here should be on Huggins and the type of fans we have. That many ru fans didn't want a Huggins or a Huggins type here tells you all you need to know about our fanbase. We don't really want to win.

ADVERTISEMENT