ADVERTISEMENT

Hunt: Penn State offers 3-star Rutgers RB commit Johnathan Lovett after whiteout win

T-Hunt once again making it a priority to put out full-length pieces about RU kids getting offers elsewhere. What's wrong with a quick "tweet," or blurb at the end of another story, T?

Anyway, F*CK the ledger for the headline, as well, instead of making it something to the tune of:

"Lovett STICKING WITH RU DESPITE PSU offer!"

"I am solid with Rutgers," he told Adam Baliatico. "I don't think this will change anything."
That is what he told 247 Sports earlier in the day. Later that same day, when Hunt asked if Rutgers had anything to worry about, his response was "I'm not too sure. I didn't think any of it out yet."

That is what he told 247 Sports earlier in the day. Later that same day, when Hunt asked if Rutgers had anything to worry about, his response was "I'm not too sure. I didn't think any of it out yet."
Kids. Frankly, as much as I dislike Penn State, that atmosphere looked electric on TV. Can only imagine what it was like live.

RU needs lineman and linebackers. Don't know much about this player but I've seen too many mediocre 4 star RBs at RU to care about them too much. Even NFL wants lineman more the RBs (easy to find).

Kids. Frankly, as much as I dislike Penn State, that atmosphere looked electric on TV. Can only imagine what it was like live.

Maybe I'm overly sensitive, but it looked like a Klan meeting to me.

But does Rutgers have anything to worry about?

"I'm not too sure," Lovett, the 5-11, 195-pound three-star told NJ.com Tuesday morning. "I didn't think any of it out yet."

However, he did admit the Penn State offer was "exciting."

"It's exciting, but we are in the middle of my season and one of my biggest games is coming this Friday. So I don't wanna get caught up in
not too sure," Lovett, the 5-11, 195-pound three-star told NJ.com Tuesday morning. "I didn't think any of it out yet."

He could still flip but it would be a good Idea Tony to read the whole article. Rutgers 247 reported he said "I am solid with Rutgers," he told Adam Baliatico. "I don't think this will change anything."

I will be more worried come January after bowl season when a team like PSU is coming off a 9 or 10 win season with a major bowl appearance where Rutgers potentially only have 2 or 3 wins.

As good as Chris Ash is many of these kids would prefer to go to a proven program that regularly wins 8 or more games and goes to bowls.

The following schools can be in that situation to pluck our recruits:
- PSU
- Iowa
- Pitt
- Va tech
- West Va (they can be in the final 4 if they can win out)
- Syracuse (can potentially have 6 wins plus a bowl game for a 7th win)
- Temple (can potentially have 8 regular season wins)
- Navy (not likely a competitor for recruits but they are 5-1 with 4 winnable games left)
- Notre Dame (always plucks NJ kids even on down years)

He could still flip but it would be a good Idea Tony to read the whole article. Rutgers 247 reported he said "I am solid with Rutgers," he told Adam Baliatico. "I don't think this will change anything."

I did read the article. The 247 quote was from "earlier in the day." Clearly, comparing both sets of quotes, the kid is up in the air on the decision.

It seems people are worried bout decommits like our old staff is still here. Keep in mind Ash and his staff are on these recruits all the time and are working hard. Let's see what happens signing day.

Anytime a south jersey commit receives a Penn St offer it typically doesn't bode well. It would be nice for the writers not to beat that narrative before it occurs though. Hope he sticks.

It seems people are worried bout decommits like our old staff is still here. Keep in mind Ash and his staff are on these recruits all the time and are working hard. Let's see what happens signing day.

Ash and crew needs a special win this year to use in the recruiting wars.

Beating PSU would do that. It would be very damaging if PSU beats us in a blowout.

Are the Penn State administrators ever going to see a court room
to face their charges of ignoring/allowing/ not reporting PEDOPHILIA?
I guess to some recruits and their parents/advisers a little child rape is no big deal.

RU needs lineman and linebackers. Don't know much about this player but I've seen too many mediocre 4 star RBs at RU to care about them too much. Even NFL wants lineman more the RBs (easy to find).
Easy to find? Guess you could give two craps if you had Fournette or Barkley?

I guess to some recruits and their parents/advisers a little child rape is no big deal.
That's what you guys are hanging your recruiting hat on? Wow! Maybe some of these kids parents/advisers have a more rational view about the issue.

Maybe your reading comprehension skills are not up to snuff?

Mine are fine. How are yours? He made 2 comments today:

- "I am solid with Rutgers," he told Adam Baliatico. "I don't think this will change anything."

- "I'm not too sure," Lovett, the 5-11, 195-pound three-star told NJ.com Tuesday morning. "I didn't think any of it out yet." (which was made after being asked if this makes Rutgers have to "worry"....).

Neither of them make me think he's NOT coming to Rutgers (at this point). YOU are simply choosing to make the absolute worst case of the 2nd comment. The second comment, IMHO, means nothing more than "I haven't thought it out yet." That's all. Reading comprehension, right?

Obviously, they don't care about the scandal. The only people who care are the some RU fans who spew Pedd State every chance they can and the JoeBots.

Reactions: cchavis

Bro, you really need to get over yourself. The whole world, including the victims have moved on. Joe is Dead, Sandusky is in prison, no one else associated with the case has anything to do with Penn State University anymore and haven't in years. You sound like a crying baby with sour grapes with comments like that.

Obviously, they don't care about the scandal. The only people who care are the some RU fans who spew Pedd State every chance they can and the JoeBots.

This^ The sad part is most of the "Joebots" aren't even graduates of the school. it's unfortunate but being the premier college football program of the area attracts some true idiots and bottom dwellers, you just have to use your best judgement to see if a poster is someone level headed or if your dealing with a moronic teenager or an adult whose other alias is "Skankhunt42". You can't take those people seriously, just like there are posters on this board who insist on just harping about the sandusky scandal when the rest of us football fans just want to talk about what we watched on Saturday....

Thus the days of the internet keyboard warrior...

Looks like PSU has a few 4 star sophomore RB's and a five star freshman RB...will prob load up on more 4 or 5 stars for 2018 class...he better be ready for some stiff competition for playing time if he flips to PSU.

ADVERTISEMENT