ADVERTISEMENT

Hunt: Rutgers RB commit Jonathan Taylor recaps Wisconsin official visit

Hopefully, this kid realizes that he has a unique opportunity to stay home in New Jersey and represent his home state where his friends and family are. The school is committed to the program, and the coaching staff is finally what it needs to be. Everything is in place but the talent. With Jonathan Taylor and the other kids already committed to this recruiting class, big things could happen at Rutgers, and they could happen right away.

For the talent positions on the offensive side of the ball, the attractiveness of RU is magnified. There will be lots of playing time available to these kids right out of the gate. If you want to get to the next level, early playing time makes a HUGE difference in your chances.

We can all see that Wisconsin is winning more now. But that is no guarantee for the future, and it doesn't make it the right place for every player. Living in Wisconsin isn't for everybody.

If a player is still dating after committing, I would pull the scholarship.

Ash should do it. If not, he looks very weak and will not be respected.

If a player is still dating after committing, I would pull the scholarship.

Ash should do it. If not, he looks very weak and will not be respected.
I used to be in this camp. No longer. I did some reading.

Only 4 or 5 programs can get away with this.

Taylor, if you are reading this, it can be done again.

Teel, Foster, Rice, Britt, A.Davis and the rest believed when they signed up when things weren't great.

Then they did this:

230560179_AEhbW-L.jpg

Worked great for Flood.
--------
actually Flood recruited a pretty good class.... mid recruiting cycle.... if we hung onto the 4 star players,

it was in the end of the recruiting period he was lacking.

Listen, I have no problem with a blurb about stuff like this, nor with kids taking their visits, BUT, why does Hunt feel the need to put out both before and after articles on them? SMH!

--------
actually Flood recruited a pretty good class.... mid recruiting cycle.... if we hung onto the 4 star players,

it was in the end of the recruiting period he was lacking.

The de-commits began in late September then erupted in October. Both off, and on-field issues, were the reasons.

Last edited:
The de-commits began in earnes late September then erupted in October. Both off, and on-field issues, were the reasons.
---
Yes, I was not talking about timing of commits and de-commits...... just that Flood did secure the verbals of several four star players....so he could recruit.... but he screwed up in the retaining of those recruits, so the end result was sub par.

Davis signed in February 2007 - you know after the 11-2 season.
Britt signed in Feb, 2006- off the first bowl in 27 years.

Not sure your comparison works.
1. Right one bowl made thing very rosey after those late 90s and early 00s teams that went 1-10, those kids grew up watching.

2. I was under the impression Davis started at Guard in that Ville game. Sorry.

Keep on being a D

---
Yes, I was not talking about timing of commits and de-commits...... just that Flood did secure the verbals of several four star players....so he could recruit.... but he screwed up in the retaining of those recruits, so the end result was sub par.
But in relation to this thread, Flood pulling the offer to whomever it was that was on a visit was seen to be part of the wave of decomittals.

But in relation to this thread, Flood pulling the offer to whomever it was that was on a visit was seen to be part of the wave of decomittals.
I'm not "plugged-in" so to speak, but there was some talk that Flood encouraged kids to commit early even if they weren't 100% because 1.) it created the perception of a strong class and 2.) maybe these kids would stick.

If true, then it was all smoke & mirrors to begin with.

And coffee is for closers...

On a related note, I just saw that RU commit Jon Lovett will be visiting PSU for Saturday night's game. Anyone know anything about how firm he may or may not be to you guys? With Swift still committed to UGA, PSU is going to have to look elsewhere for a RB for this class. Lovett doesn't have a PSU offer at this point, but it looks like Franklin did recently follow him on Twitter.

DISCLAIMER: Not suggesting he will flip, and he's almost certainly not at the top of PSU's board at the position right now. For all I know, he'll never even get a PSU offer and is just tagging along with a friend, or is a guy PSU is just checking in on. But given our RB situation in the '17 cycle I figured I'd at least check in with you guys.

Yeah, I've noticed some of your posts. I don't think we were there at the same time (I graduated in '95). The team is doing pretty good so far, hopefully we've turned the corner.
Yeah was there in the EARLY 70s
unfortunately the Big Red have gone on a losing streak of late
thank God for lacrosse, hockey and Wrestling.....all ranked usually,,,in D-1

ADVERTISEMENT