ADVERTISEMENT

Football Hunter Hayek enters portal

Good thing it wasn't Salma

Could not resist.
salma-hayek.jpg

Another guy who was not going to play significant minutes this season. Hayek was not worthy of a D1 ship 4 years ago... everything needs a good housekeeping when it gets dusty and stale... Another ship becomes available... we know of 17 + 5 ... could be 6-8 more coming to Rutgers on signing day ... Greg will turn this roster around in 3 years and for the betterment of the team, alumni and fans .

This I expected. I presume his brother may not be far behind, though he was thought to have the higher ceiling.
Higher ceiling? Well, Tyler is taller but his major contribution to RU football in 4 years has been his hair.

Another guy who was not going to play significant minutes this season. Hayek was not worthy of a D1 ship 4 years ago... everything needs a good housekeeping when it gets dusty and stale... Another ship becomes available... we know of 17 + 5 ... could be 6-8 more coming to Rutgers on signing day ... Greg will turn this roster around in 3 years and for the betterment of the team, alumni and fans .
With the portal he could turn this roster around in 2 years.

Reactions: Caliknight
Hunter muffed a punt early one season under Ash and never returned. A;ways looked fast in practice.

That’s makes 6 RU WR’s headed out the door. Jabbie is the only one with decent stats from last season. I’d expect that we see an upgrade in talent at WR position next year.

Receiving
Player
G
Rec
Yds
Y/G
Avg
Long
TD

Bo Melton
12 30 427 35.6 14.2 52 2
Raheem Blackshear
4 29 310 77.5 10.7 74 2
Isaiah Washington
9 18 272 30.2 15.1 51 1
Mohamed Jabbie
7 14 149 21.3 10.6 31 1
Aaron Young
12 15 113 9.4 7.5 39 0
Isaih Pacheco
11 13 83 7.5 6.4 23 0
Daevon Robinson
4 6 73 18.3 12.2 20 0
Matt Alaimo
4 6 60 15.0 10.0 17 0
Paul Woods
8 9 48 6.9 5.3 11 0
Kay'Ron Adams
8 2 47 5.9 23.5 41 0
Eddie Lewis
3 6 36 12.0 6.0 11 1
Christian Dremel
1 2 19 19.0 9.5 11 0
Shameen Jones
3 2 15 5.0 7.5 8 0
Prince Taylor
1 1 12 12.0 12.0 12 0
Elijah Barnwell
5 1 8 1.6 8.0 8 0
Rashawn Battle
1 1 0 0.0 0.0 0 0

I thought Dremel was the same player but only better.

Dremel caught two passes last season why is he better? Everything said about Dremel was said about Hayek this year. In fact every year it's a new receiver who's so good in practice. Shameen Jones last year. Robinson this year. Then the games start and they do jack shit. So I'm not buying that bullshit hype anymore until I see it in a game.

It didn't make sense to have 14 scholarship and 4 walk-on WRs on the roster anyways, part of the roster mismanagement and weaknesses in other positions because of it. The WRs that showed the most promise are still on the roster like Isaiah Washington, Bo Melton and Christian Dremel. Monterio Hunt-Inj. and Stanley King-Redshirt not sure what we are getting with them. Most of the WRs that are in the portal have shown what they can and can't do on the field. It made sense.

Reactions: Queztastic
Peep premium board you’ll get all those answers and more!

according to yourself on the premium board.

Maetti Rutgers wanted him to stay but he wanted to play elsewhere in his last season.

As for the WR the position is essentially full so he was recruited over

It didn't make sense to have 14 scholarship and 4 walk-on WRs on the roster anyways, part of the roster mismanagement and weaknesses in other positions because of it. .

Agreed. We had (I think) 13 WRs bunched together that would be Seniors and Juniors this year, while this year there were zero senior WRs. When there are that many players bunched up together at one position, it creates depth issues elsewhere.

Shameen Jones will do well to keep his schollie with the new coaching staff imo.

I'm thinking Towson or Villanova or one of the colleges that originally offered him

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT