ADVERTISEMENT

Hyatt ReClasses to 2018

It's hard to see Louisville having a transfer, then offering Hyatt, then Hyatt reclassifying in the span of a week as a coincidence. Hope I'm wrong.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Isn't Louisville in all sorts of trouble due to Pitino? Amazing what some schools can survive...

Reactions: Scangg
Well, the recent events were the Mulcahy commitment and Louisville offer. We should find out soon whether either of those events influenced this decision.

It's hard to see Louisville having a transfer, then offering Hyatt, then Hyatt reclassifying in the span of a week as a coincidence. Hope I'm wrong.

There have been talks of him reclassifying for months. I wouldn't read too much into that but then again, what the heck do i know!

Phone blowing up but I've maintained a quiet confidence that this was likely vs not...if confirmed then the goalposts are moved for sure.
Uh, slightly cryptic here. Confidence he is coming to RU? If true, it is a whole new ballgame for us next year.

Nothing cryptic about Hawk’s post. He has always maintained that we have a better chance if he reclasses to 2018. His post says just that.

There have been talks of him reclassifying for months. I wouldn't read too much into that but then again, what the heck do i know!

Yeah, the rumors have been around a while and then he does it right after Louisville gets an opening and offers.

So confused. So did he reclassify because he got the Louisville offer? Are we not the favorite now? What’s the timeline?

So confused. So did he reclassify because he got the Louisville offer? Are we not the favorite now? What’s the timeline?

Some patience here..

.we are very much in the game . Pike has an open ship for a reason...not to say at all that he is coming, but he has been an A list priority like Mathis and Mulchay, and has made the scholarships allotment strategy for this scenario

Like our chances....

Is there a money man still involved with UL? What other reason would a player of Hyatt's ability consider UL with all that has gone on and still going with UL? The FBI has continued to look into other possible criminal charges against more people at the school. That may cause the NCAA to re-open an investigation into the school again. There is a reason why UL has no commitments for the 2018 class, and the rats are jumping ship. Lance Thomas is the latest to announce he is transferring.

either us or UL.

UL seems way to coincidental with the transfer, offer and reclass all happening one after the other(order may be off)

Just hope this can work for us. We have thought all along that we might have a better chance if he re classified to 2018. Now that this has happened perhaps we can get a huge commit.

I believe a source on twitter has Georgia Tech and South Carolina now offering Hyatt, although one may be only for 2018 and one for 2019....lots of moving pieces/parts in play for Hyatt, especially if he's ready to go for 2018.

This looks to be our toughest recruiting battle yet. A truly national recruit with bigger programs jumping in the pool. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

I was just in Atlanta a couple weeks ago. It’s a beautiful city with tons to do. GT is an excellent school as well very competitive to get into. If Pike can beat them for this kid the drought will be over really soon.

If Pike wins this one, it will be his most impressive yet, considering his competition. But since the competition is now this stacked, I would be shocked to see Rutgers win out here. If Pike falls short, oh well. On to the next.

https://pittsburghsportsnow.com/2018/05/25/aundre-hyatt-the-latest-on-4-star-recruit-jeff-capel/

'As far as his recruiting goes, this means two things: 1) he could reclassify to the Class of 2018 or 2) as Hyatt explained to me, he “might go to post graduate school” which would give him another year to “work on my body and develop” his game more.'

Also going to visit Pitt it seems...

Still sounds weird to me. Re-classify just to go post-grad? What effect if any would that have in getting pass the clearinghouse? I guess maybe it's a ploy to make programs that are interested in him mainly for 2019 make a decision for 2018. Looked at in that perspective, I'm not liking our odds, as we've already laid our cards out on the table. A quick decision would favor us, but otherwise . . . . . .

ADVERTISEMENT