ADVERTISEMENT

Hyatt to 2018!

Pitt fans are now determining whether recruits pick their school??

The moment he picks LSU, Pitt fans will suddenly wonder whether he is good enough for their program...

The likelihood of a redshirt freshman year is a variable for any contender here. I don't anticipate any significant contributions in the next season for Hyatt (this is also coming from the LSU contingent as well).

LSU scares me the most. Hyatt has really said big things about their coach. He has known him for a long time since he was an assistant at VCU and he was just raving about him. I think this just might be tough to overcome but I hope I am wrong.

Sounds similar to that other guy that had us as his "leader" for a while, but was really just waiting for something better to come along.

It was never really clear that we were THE leader, just in the mix.

Still would like to know what is going on down at LSU...IIRC they have a monster class out of nowhere?

Still would like to know what is going on down at LSU...IIRC they have a monster class out of nowhere?

16 schools in the country have 3 or more five + four star recruits in their 2018 class. We have two (2) four star recruits in our 2018 class meaning only 16 schools have more. Did we get our "monster class" out of nowhere or is it that we hired a staff who seems to be able to get it done with regard to recruiting? Why do you believe the same can't the same be said of LSU?

16 schools in the country have 3 or more five + four star recruits in their 2018 class. We have two (2) four star recruits in our 2018 class meaning only 16 schools have more. Did we get our "monster class" out of nowhere or is it that we hired a staff who seems to be able to get it done with regard to recruiting? Why do you believe the same can't the same be said of LSU?

Okay - there's no comparison between our class and the class that LSU is bringing in this year.

But LSU is hardly "coming out of nowhere", as this is their 3rd Top 25 class in the last 4 seasons.

wow, you would think he never took a visit to shoe...no stupid "done"?...did it even happen?

if he picks RU great, have to go up against Wade and LSU type of schools to help move the needle...

Reactions: ruready07
Out of nowhere? LOL Ain't nothing new.

They had two McDonald's All Americans in the 2015 class...Antonio Blakeney and Ben Simmons. Skylar Mays a top 100 recruit? Jordan Mickey Top 50 recruit in 2013, Jarell Martin a five-star recruit in 2013 and Tim Quarterman a Top 75 recruit in 2013. Tremont Waters was a top 50 prospect in 2017.

Recruiting wasn't the problem in Baton Rouge. The problem was that Johnny Jones couldn't coach the talent he recruited.

Reactions: RUChoppin

They had two McDonald's All Americans in the 2015 class...Antonio Blakeney and Ben Simmons. Skylar Mays a top 100 recruit? Jordan Mickey Top 50 recruit in 2013, Jarell Martin a five-star recruit in 2013 and Tim Quarterman a Top 75 recruit in 2013. Tremont Waters was a top 50 prospect in 2017.

Recruiting wasn't the problem in Baton Rouge. The problem was that Johnny Jones couldn't coach the talent he recruited.
In the SEC, if you’re not cheatin’ you’re not competing. Outside of college football fans, Baton Rouge is not a travel destination for many.

Reactions: Rokodesh
In the SEC, if you’re not cheatin’ you’re not competing. Outside of college football fans, Baton Rouge is not a travel destination for many.
Growing tech center of the south.

Get recruits down there and they go over to Southern to party with those girls and...

yes,,that is why I put the ? in there....seemed to me like things ot real hot all of a sudden.

edit: just checked last few years...wow, didn't realize that except for #51 in 2017 they have been super good 3 of last 4. My bad.

Last edited:

according to 247 sports..

1_8032869.png
#3 (2 5 star, 2 4 star, 2 3 star)
RU #48..(0 5 star, 1 4 star, 3 star)

I love our recruits but don't tel me we have an LSU type class please....BEFORE Hyatt

wow, you would think he never took a visit to shoe...no stupid "done"?...did it even happen?

if he picks RU great, have to go up against Wade and LSU type of schools to help move the needle...
I believe Hyatt had his official visit last week at SHU. All indications point it's down to three- LSU, RU and SHU. One of the U's will win.

ADVERTISEMENT