ADVERTISEMENT

I’m going to the game at MSU

phlop87

Senior
Gold Member
Aug 6, 2003
For our 34th wedding anniversary my wife surprised me with tickets to the MSU game. Flying out of Newark bursary morning. Does anyone have recommendations on places to eat or things to do? ( I know I can look up things on the internet but prefer getting it first hand). Thanks in advance

also if anyone else is going are there any events planned ?

For our 34th wedding anniversary my wife surprised me with tickets to the MSU game. Flying out of Newark bursary morning. Does anyone have recommendations on places to eat or things to do? ( I know I can look up things on the internet but prefer getting it first hand). Thanks in advance

Now i see why you’ve been married for 34 years. It can only get better if she says go and have fun with your buddies.

Reactions: RUFanlivingNC
Can't answer your questions, but that's a cool gift, and enjoy the experience.. Dress warmly though. Cold front supposedly coming in next weekend and temps during the game are currently predicted to be mid to upper 30's...

If you have a car, drive to Grand Rapids that has over 40 Breweries in the area.....and some great pub food.

Michigan State IMO the best college town in the Big Ten besides maybe Madison.Grand River Ave Street is right at the edge of the main quad/campus and has tons of spots. Right by the bell tower area. That’s where I’d hang out Friday night and pregame.

otherwise, the campus is surprisingly in the middle of nowhere farmland. Did not expect that. Very much big on the A&M stuff, which you think more of Nebraska, Iowa etc. as far as Midwest B1G schools but that was something interesting.

Bring home the W!

Reactions: newell138
If you have a car, drive to Grand Rapids that has over 40 Breweries in the area.....and some great pub food.
Actually had the date wrong flying home Monday night. Plan is to drive to Grand Rapids early Sunday and spend the day there Staying at theJW downtown grand rapids Sunday night. Thanks for your insight

Congrats on your anniversary!!! We are just about 2 years behind you. Sounds like you have an awesome wife.

Don't have any restaurant recommendations, but here are my recommendations:

Wear a helmet, and carry a spare. And stay out of the tunnel unless it is this one:

Tunnel Of Love Heart GIF by ArmyPink

Will also be there this weekend and visited last July since my son has applied to MSU. During the last visit we ate at Hopcat and Crunchies - both typical college places but pretty good. Have not been there yet but I’ve heard good things about Harrison Roadhouse

Reactions: Knight Shift
I’m sure you’ve checked - looks like a high of 39 degrees with 15 mph winds on Saturday in East Lansing.

Reactions: phlop87
otherwise, the campus is surprisingly in the middle of nowhere farmland. Did not expect that. Very much big on the A&M stuff, which you think more of Nebraska, Iowa etc. as far as Midwest B1G schools

Interesting that you mention "A&M stuff" since you may not have realized that MSU was founded as Michigan Agricultural College and has as its legacy being the nation's first designated land grant college. They would likely have acres of farms in East Lansing to conduct ag research over the years.

If anything, U of Nebraska has an urban setting with its campus being located right in city of Lincoln. None of U of Nebraska's land assets for being the land grant institution for its state are anywhere near Lincoln. As for Iowa, it's ISU in Ames that serves as the land grant institution for the state (and may have tracts of farmland/research plots as part of the campus), not the U of I in Iowa City.

I’m sure you’ve checked - looks like a high of 39 degrees with 15 mph winds on Saturday in East Lansing.

There's actually a slight chance of light snow Saturday evening.

Bump. Any plans for RU plans to get together somewhere Friday night or after the win on Saturday

ADVERTISEMENT