ADVERTISEMENT

I am proud of my alma mater, Bellarmine Knights who defeated Army 77-67

knights1212

Heisman Winner
Sep 9, 2003
I am proud of the Bellarmine University Knights which is where I graduated and ran varsity cross country for 4 years and was co captain 2 years along with my twin brother. Tonight in their very first year of D-1 basketball they just defeated Army 77-67 in the CBI. They are now 14-7 on the season. I think they have made the transition pretty well for their first season. They won the D-2 National Championship in 2011 and have made the Final Four of D-2 at least 4 times in the last 10 years. I graduated in 1966 but immediately returned home to NJ and have been a fan of RU since 1967 and met my wife who graduated from Douglass. I am glad that both are the Knights.

I had not heard of Bellarmine prior to their CBI bid, but it looks like we'll all be hearing a lot more from them!

I am proud of the Bellarmine University Knights which is where I graduated and ran varsity cross country for 4 years and was co captain 2 years along with my twin brother. Tonight in their very first year of D-1 basketball they just defeated Army 77-67 in the CBI. They are now 14-7 on the season. I think they have made the transition pretty well for their first season. They won the D-2 National Championship in 2011 and have made the Final Four of D-2 at least 4 times in the last 10 years. I graduated in 1966 but immediately returned home to NJ and have been a fan of RU since 1967 and met my wife who graduated from Douglass. I am glad that both are the Knights.
They get Pepperdine tomorrow. I'll be rooting!

Bellarmine lost to Pepperdine 82-71 after leading for a good part of the game. It happens.

ADVERTISEMENT