ADVERTISEMENT

I Can't Give Up

colbert17

Heisman Winner
Aug 30, 2014
Bangkok, Thailand
Been a fan too long. Ash is not the answer and with hindsight being 20/20 he was a bad hire. The constant recruitment of mid to low level talent will just perpetuate this situation. As long as we continue losing games the way we did Saturday and Indiana last year we will never get the big boys.
So I have a dilemma. I want Ash gone but I want to see the team win....not in two years or how many years it will take but I want to see them win on Saturday and every Saturday for the rest of the season. There's no logic nor reason to think it will happen but I'm a fan.
It's times like this that my Mom would light a candle to St. Jude the patron saint of lost causes.
Biggest problem with St. Jude is he is terrible in pass protection.

Sound like you're right here:

Help me, it's like the walls are caving in
Sometimes I feel like giving up
But I just can't, it isn't in my blood

Reactions: colbert17
Been a fan too long. Ash is not the answer and with hindsight being 20/20 he was a bad hire. The constant recruitment of mid to low level talent will just perpetuate this situation. As long as we continue losing games the way we did Saturday and Indiana last year we will never get the big boys.
So I have a dilemma. I want Ash gone but I want to see the team win....not in two years or how many years it will take but I want to see them win on Saturday and every Saturday for the rest of the season. There's no logic nor reason to think it will happen but I'm a fan.
It's times like this that my Mom would light a candle to St. Jude the patron saint of lost causes.
Give up, life will be so much better. I watch and root for RU, but I don't care. Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed again.

I feel your pain--sometimes love don't feel like it should....

Not giving up. Plain and simple.

Purdue 0-3 (plays 3-0 Boston College)
Nebraska 0-2 (plays Mich this week)
Northwestern 1-2 (with a win against Purdue)

Reactions: Jimpeg
Not giving up. Plain and simple.

Purdue 0-3 (plays 3-0 Boston College)
Nebraska 0-2 (plays Mich this week)
Northwestern 1-2 (with a win against Purdue)

Maybe the administration's logic is "there are a bunch of putrid teams in the B1G. Why should we care if we're another? All we care about is the prestige of being in the B1G." But many people here remember when Nebraska was among the best in the nation, and it's not *that* long ago since Northwestern went to a major bowl. It's hard to imagine either happening here. It's one thing to live off past glory; another to have no glory since we entered big-time sports.

no one is ever giving up, it's our school! Being a realist is hard sometimes, being a fan is difficult but giving up...never
will not support Ash, he's going to destroy us however

I hear ya. I’ll make the trek from NYC on Saturday after debating skipping. My solution is to care less but still show up (for now) given the lack of good alternatives facing the program

We might as well go all the way with the prayer intercessions.
St. Rita of Cascia, the "patron saint of the impossible"
St. Philomena, the "miracle-worker"
St. Gregory of Thaumaturgus, the "wonderworker"
Need all the help we can get!

Can't help but be skeptical of Ash and his ability to turn this around.

If it somehow starts to click and we do turn it around then great.

And if it never clicks, eventually he will be fired.

But nothing wrong with rooting for the team while being very critical of Ash.

Reactions: MYHATINTHERING
I think its time to beat Ole Miss on the field of the tailgate

Never lose a tailgate. And Rutgers admin would be wise to make tailgating easier and more fun in as many ways as possible. THAT, they can control until the Big Ten money arrives.

I'm not saying that's a bad idea, but it will never happen at a school like Rutgers so concerned about alcohol and lawsuits.

Reactions: rurichdog
if-at-first-you-dont-succeed-just-give-up.png

Been hoping for too many years to give up now.
But will get depressed, angry, frustrated enough to talk about giving up, becoming fearful hope will never be realized in my lifetime and wondering since Frank Burns was pushed out why Greg Schiano is the only HC since Burns left that seemed to be able to raise RU fans expectations for the Scarlet Knights Football Program and even he failed to archive theose expectations he gave RU FB fans .

Timeline of HCs since Burns
Anderson seemed like a good hire
( 28-33-4 don't make it that good)
Gaber looked promising (29-36-1 wasn't the type of promise wanted)
Shea ( 11-44 nuff said)
Schiano (68-67 ,gave hope, never fulfilled hope given)
Ash ( work in progress, but looks like not much progress being made )

Not giving up. Last week sucked big time. First two weeks were what I expected.

In addition to other comments made:

- Chip Kelly is 0-3 at UCLA and just got blown out by Fresno St. He is a PROVEN coach
- Schiano got blown out at Louisville and at Navy. Neither were expected. I felt the same way then that I did last weekend. All 5 emotions from the other thread.
- very talented 2008 team started 1-5 and finished 8-5. That ain’t happening with this schedule but in those early losses we were just missing on some big plays. Then we hit on almost every big play. We had some open guys that we just missed on 3 plays last week with 2 overthrows and 1 slight underthrow. Reminds me a lot of Teel early in 2008. Teel was a 5th year guy so he was not making the mistakes Art is but the part of just missing is similar.

The worst part to me is the best players just keep flocking to the same teams. The Top 4 right now are so filthy loaded with top level players. PSU and MSU had great years recently with less talent. We also did that once a long time ago in 2006. I’ll be happy just getting back to .500 for now. Not giving up on that. Then when we get there I will want more.

Not giving up. Last week sucked big time. First two weeks were what I expected.

In addition to other comments made:

- Chip Kelly is 0-3 at UCLA and just got blown out by Fresno St. He is a PROVEN coach
- Schiano got blown out at Louisville and at Navy. Neither were expected. I felt the same way then that I did last weekend. All 5 emotions from the other thread.
- very talented 2008 team started 1-5 and finished 8-5. That ain’t happening with this schedule but in those early losses we were just missing on some big plays. Then we hit on almost every big play. We had some open guys that we just missed on 3 plays last week with 2 overthrows and 1 slight underthrow. Reminds me a lot of Teel early in 2008. Teel was a 5th year guy so he was not making the mistakes Art is but the part of just missing is similar.

The worst part to me is the best players just keep flocking to the same teams. The Top 4 right now are so filthy loaded with top level players. PSU and MSU had great years recently with less talent. We also did that once a long time ago in 2006. I’ll be happy just getting back to .500 for now. Not giving up on that. Then when we get there I will want more.

I guess many players would prefer to take the chance of being subs on winning teams, rather than getting a chance to play on losing teams. Otherwise, top level players might hesitate about going to the Top 4, or would transfer out when it was clear they will be bench warmers.

Can’t care enough to go to games but care enough to watch them until we’re getting hammered.

Wake me up the day Ash is fired and we then have some hope.

Being a Met and Jet Fan Rutgers fits right in to my portfolio. At this point I have not watched a Met Game in years and unliked them on Facebook.

The Jets seem to have a pulse this year and looks like they have a QB. Game was fun on Sunday.

Rutgers is in a sad situation and not sure if we will ever be able to compete at this level. Right now it's hard to watch and won't get excited until the administration makes tangible moves to fix the issues.

C17 My mom always prayed to St. Jude and I wore a St. Jude medal for many years. Does St. Jude have a coat of arms or a flag? Maybe I'll get one and wave it at the next game.

C17 My mom always prayed to St. Jude and I wore a St. Jude medal for many years. Does St. Jude have a coat of arms or a flag? Maybe I'll get one and wave it at the next game.
This is where we need your creativity, Stork.

I guess NJStrong doesn't apply to some..i will be there, and every game before kickoff and until the end...

Reactions: Scarlet83
It depends on what the meaning of “giving up” is.

For me it would be not caring. Not watching/listening to the games.
Makes no difference if they win or lose.
Louisville 2006 was one of the most exciting live sports events I ever attended in my life. The closest I came to that feeling again was Savage to Brown on Halloween at UConn. I don't want my last great RU memory being a win against UConn!

Whenever I feel really bad about Rutgers football, I go over to the UConn Boneyard Conference Reallignment forum and I feel much better. There is a current active thread on there where they are discussing their fear that James Madison might be looking into upgrading and joining the AAC...I feel a little better now.

ADVERTISEMENT