ADVERTISEMENT

I Can't Wait

colbert17

Heisman Winner
Aug 30, 2014
Bangkok, Thailand
I know that it's only Wagner but I can't wait to see our guys back on the field again next week. I'm looking forward to seeing them grow and develop over the next two weeks in hopefully games that we should win. This will be a big game for Temple (homecoming) and they think that they have a lot to prove against us but we should win easily. That will set up one of the biggest games at RU in the past decade.
If we can beat Iowa we'll be putting people on notice that we are no longer a BIG 10 doormat. I think SHI will be packed and it will be a great game. The perfect way to snap our BIG 10 home losing streak!!!

Go RU!!!

Last edited:
wayward pines GIF

If Iowa loses next week to Iowa State and after their poor showing in week one and assuming we beat Temple, we will likely be a small favorite over Iowa!

If Iowa loses next week to Iowa State and after their poor showing in week one and assuming we beat Temple, we will likely be a small favorite over Iowa!
Whatever happens to iowa in each game is irrelevant. Theyre one of the teams that would put up 5 points against an fcs team and then beat a top 10 the following week

You never know with Iowa.

I know that it's only Wagner but I can't wait to see our guys back on the field again next week. I'm looking forward to seeing them grow and develop over the next two weeks in hopefully games that we should win. This will be a big game for Temple (homecoming) and they think that they have a lot to prove against us but we should win easily. That will set up one of the biggest games at RU in the past decade.
If we can beat Iowa we'll be putting people on notice that we are no longer a BIG 10 doormat. I think SHI will be packed and it will be a great game. The perfect way to snap our BIG 10 home losing streak!!!

Go RU!!!
We need to work on our passing game over the next 2 weeks so we have some sort of balance in run and pass going into Iowa.

We have a lot of work to do on the pass game, but to be fair, pass blocking isn’t only on the OL and it didn’t feel like the group was getting completely manhandled. More like we had isolated holes. Getting Aaron Young back will be helpful. He’s our best pass blocking RB. We were missing a starter at TE too right? Another position that blocks on those routes. I’m not trying to make excuses here - we have a lot of work to do. But there are reasons to at least hope that the protection will improve some over time this season.

Wagner is just a scrimmage and that's ok
Temple probably isn't even competitive and that's ok too
Duke was awful last year and yet thrashed Temple in first game
Iowa will be the usual clydesdales on the lines.
I never saw a RU DL get rototilled the way Iowa did it a few years ago
Depth is so important in the B1G
Hopefully RU's 2s can rotate into some games without a big dropoff
Iowa, Ohio and Nebraska in a row is a physical torture test that makes B1G what it is

Reactions: colbert17
ADVERTISEMENT