ADVERTISEMENT

I like our B1G tourney draw

Love the noon start. Shouldn’t be any kind of a crowd advantage. Third time’s a charm!

Rutgers also has an extra day of rest coming into this game as Michigan played yesterday on the road in Maryland. You can tell the difference this time of year when it appears that a team has fresh legs, they can get to the ball quicker, second/third chance opportunities via rebounding, blow by defenders on the drive.

Playing Michigan this year will never be a favorable matchup and I’m expecting a similar outcome as the past two but I think it’s more beneficial to have a neutral court game against a team like this as a NCAA tourney warm up situation as the MSG game is almost ancient history.

We had second half leads both times we played Michigan. They are tough. Pretty much the whole league is tough. I’d rather play Michigan than Ohio State.

I also like that Michigan St and Maryland are both on the other side of the bracket.
I agree. I’d rather play Michigan than ohio state.Rutgers struggles against any team with a very good defense and OSU is excellent. Since our offense feeds off our defense a team like OSU has a good enough offense and a defense as good if not better than ours.

Remember in the 2nd game RU was up 9 early in the 2nd half and looked on the verge of blowing it open and suddenly it all fell apart on the offensive end

Michigan sets up the dream season narrative, this will be a movie in 10 years.

I like our chances against Michigan this go around.
Wed. Feb 26 @ PSU L
5 days off
Tue March 3 Md. W
3 days off
Sat March 7 @Purdue W
4 days off
Thurs March 12 N Mich

15 days, 12 days off, very fresh legs right now.

Michigan
Thurs Feb 27 vs Wisc L
2 days off
Sun March 1 @ OSU L
3 days off
Thurs March 5 vs Neb W
2 days off
Sun March 8 @ Md. L
3 days off
Thurs March 12 N RU

14 days, 10 days off, one extra B1G game. Tired legs

Last edited:
Legitimate question: Are we in a better position vs. Michigan with Livers in the lineup?

Adding Livers' 31.8 min/g into the mix takes time away from other players and gives a different look on the floor both offensively and defensively. It will create different matchups, and might those matchups be better for us? I don't know.

The big question for me is will our shooting numbers improve, or at least approach our non-Michigan conference averages? We were 12/47 (.255) from 3P vs. Michigan, while they gave up an average of .349 vs. non-RU conference opponents and we shot .326 vs. non-Michigan opponents. We were also 32/73 (.438) from 2P range vs. Michigan, while they gave up an average of .480 vs. non-RU conference opponents and we shot .478 vs. non-Michigan opponents.

Reactions: RUnTeX
Legitimate question: Are we in a better position vs. Michigan with Livers in the lineup?

Adding Livers' 31.8 min/g into the mix takes time away from other players and gives a different look on the floor both offensively and defensively. It will create different matchups, and might those matchups be better for us? I don't know.

The big question for me is will our shooting numbers improve, or at least approach our non-Michigan conference averages? We were 12/47 (.255) from 3P vs. Michigan, while they gave up an average of .349 vs. non-RU conference opponents and we shot .326 vs. non-Michigan opponents. We were also 32/73 (.438) from 2P range vs. Michigan, while they gave up an average of .480 vs. non-RU conference opponents and we shot .478 vs. non-Michigan opponents.

Who will get the defensive assignment on Livers?
Mathis? Yeboah? Other?

Michigan shoots it way better than RU plus they have good size and length

Not a good matchup for the Scarlet Knights.

Rutgers, amazingly, has a slightly better 3P% in conference games than Michigan does, we just shoot far fewer threes.
Michigan: 144/471 (.306)
Rutgers: 110/346 (.310)

They have a slight edge in 2P% in conference games, and a better FT%.
Michigan: 535/1205 (.444 2P), 250/347 (.720 FT)
Rutgers: 515/1199 (.430 2P), 212/329 (.644 FT)

Overall, Michigan has put up 679 shots in 20 games (34/g) while we've shot 625 (31.3/g). And that includes our insane 83 attempts in our first meeting. Hoping our shooting rounds back closer to our average in this next game.

I like our chances against Michigan this go around.

14 days, 10 days off, one extra B1G game. Tired legs
Tired legs dose not come into play after 4 days rest. There is no rest advantage here for RU. There may be a mental state advantage(confidence) because of how we finished off compared to them, but that could be negated because they beat us twice already. They may feel pretty confident too.

Reactions: RUChoppin
Rutgers, amazingly, has a slightly better 3P% in conference games than Michigan does, we just shoot far fewer threes.
Michigan: 144/471 (.306)
Rutgers: 110/346 (.310)

They have a slight edge in 2P% in conference games, and a better FT%.
Michigan: 535/1205 (.444 2P), 250/347 (.720 FT)
Rutgers: 515/1199 (.430 2P), 212/329 (.644 FT)

Overall, Michigan has put up 679 shots in 20 games (34/g) while we've shot 625 (31.3/g). And that includes our insane 83 attempts in our first meeting. Hoping our shooting rounds back closer to our average in this next game.
RU will need to take more threes to win because UM will pack it in against us like the first 2 games. As long as we let it fly without hesitancy when the open shot is there, we should shoot okay.

Reactions: RUChoppin
RU will need to take more threes to win because UM will pack it in against us like the first 2 games. As long as we let it fly without hesitancy when the open shot is there, we should shoot okay.

Livers also commits more fouls/40 min than Johns/Wagner.... so we may get to the line a bit more when we go inside with him in the game.

If you are solving for the best chance to go far in the NCAA tournament you lose your 1st game.

The longer you win the more you take out of the tank of your players. Especially those that are built on defense.

Reactions: Virginiarufan
If you are solving for the best chance to go far in the NCAA tournament you lose your 1st game.

The longer you win the more you take out of the tank of your players. Especially those that are built on defense.
Are you really saying that the team should tank the first game? I hope not.

Hey, folks. I will be rooting for you to make it to Friday. Not on Friday, but again on Saturday if you advance. I think RU might be my second favorite team in the league (I either hate or am indifferent toward most of the other teams in the league, so it's not as big of an honor as it might sound).

UW is ecstatic to have won a share of the conference crown, and I'd be willing to bet their emotional edge is gone for their BTT opener, regardless of whether its RU or Michy. Neither team is a normal 8/9 seed, and there's no "upset" if either beats the Badgers.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT