ADVERTISEMENT

I think I am most excited about RU Football for....

BROTHERSKINNY

Heisman Winner
Oct 21, 2010
The Offense! Even in the glory years of RU Football we were always known as a defense oriented team. I think the addition of Sean Gleeson as OC is one of the most exciting and boldest moves Greg has ever made. Greg 1.0 would have never hired a guy like Gleeson. He would have been too risky of a move if he didn’t work out. Greg 1.0 was a very conservative coach. Now Greg is a different coach. He is much more seasoned and willing to take risks on a young up and coming OC. If you have read anything about Gleeson he is one of the most creative OC’s in the game today. When he was able to take what the first OC coach had built at Princeton and build upon that further, that’s when okie state came calling. I am really excited to see a Rutgers offense that is ready to become a leader in all of college football. Gleeson can get us there. One of the most creative oc’s in the game today. Not afraid to play two or three QB’s on the same down. Really mixing up the play calling and who is on the field. It may take a season or three to get his system up and running but I think we are in for some very exciting play calling from Gleeson.

Reactions: tico brown
The Offense! Even in the glory years of RU Football we were always known as a defense oriented team. I think the addition of Sean Gleeson as OC is one of the most exciting and boldest moves Greg has ever made. Greg 1.0 would have never hired a guy like Gleeson. He would have been too risky of a move if he didn’t work out. Greg 1.0 was a very conservative coach. Now Greg is a different coach. He is much more seasoned and willing to take risks on a young up and coming OC. If you have read anything about Gleeson he is one of the most creative OC’s in the game today. When he was able to take what the first OC coach had built at Princeton and build upon that further, that’s when okie state came calling. I am really excited to see a Rutgers offense that is ready to become a leader in all of college football. Gleeson can get us there. One of the most creative oc’s in the game today. Not afraid to play two or three QB’s on the same down. Really mixing up the play calling and who is on the field. It may take a season or three to get his system up and running but I think we are in for some very exciting play calling from Gleeson.
Need an O Line next. The D is being built up nicely , now time to look at the O.

Reactions: BROTHERSKINNY
The rise! Early season opportunities vs. Cuse and @Temple. Wins mean we are ahead of schedule. With the ‘21 recruiting class, the ‘21 season and beyond could mean Bowl bids.

The O-Line, QB, WRs and TEs are question marks. In other words, the entire offense sans the RBs. Way too many question marks for my taste.

Need an O Line next. The D is being built up nicely , now time to look at the O.
Agreed but I think we will surprise many with our OL play this year. Remember, the unit has to all work together and we now have some experienced guys returning at every position. Plus a system that hopefully adapts to our players.

Reactions: Loyal-Son
The 2021 opening game against Temple has the potential to be very special if the Coronavirus wipes out the 2020 season. Schiano's first game back against one of our traditional rivals with an experienced QB. That assumes that the NCAA grants all the seniors another year of eligibility and Russo comes back for Temple. Have to believe that will be a very hot ticket.

@RUich @JudgeSmails56 @koleszar @phs73rc77gsm83 any of you know why the thread was removed last night. Was it premature ejac or bad info?
I would say premature ejac. They've done a good job of covering their tracks. Like @RUich said they probably have a good idea of what's going to happen and since all the lock down can write that he committed via social media. So they write articles beforehand when they have the time, then the moment it happens just hit send.

ADVERTISEMENT