ADVERTISEMENT

I thought there was supposed to be another announcement on NC?

knights1212

Heisman Winner
Sep 9, 2003
I thought I read that an announcement was supposed to be made regarding the North Carolina case with the NCAA on this past Monday or the Monday before? Am I wrong or did I miss something? I sure hope they don't win the championship.

Maybe it was THIS

I hope they win the Natty because I picked them in my bracket :sunglasses:

The NCAA needs to issue SMU a formal letter of apology for handing them the Death Penalty back in the 80's.

Reactions: socaldave
I thought I read that an announcement was supposed to be made regarding the North Carolina case with the NCAA on this past Monday or the Monday before? Am I wrong or did I miss something? I sure hope they don't win the championship.
The Monday after selection Sunday was just UNC's deadline to respond to the NCAA's notice of allegations.

Yes, that rings a bell. I guess a few more months will pass before we hear of another delay. This is amazing. I don't think the NCAA has the brass to do anything. What a slap in the face this will be to the NCAA if North Carolina wins it all again. These cheaters have avoided punishment for how long now?

It's been a long time since North Carolina was Opie, Barney, Aunt Bee, and Gomer. The Tarheels have been playing the NCAA like a fiddle for years and super successful in many sports, both genders. Has Rutgers ever had a coach, administrator, or anyone with ties to our university on any NCAA committees or groups or staff? I bet UNC has had many. Expect very, very favorable treatment from the NCAA, or with very deep Tarheels pockets, the very best and smartest legal representation.

The NCAA needs to issue SMU a formal letter of apology for handing them the Death Penalty back in the 80's.
Why? They earned it. However the NCAA did say that they wouldn't do that again and probably shouldn't have done it to SMU

Sadly,winning at a very high level matters more than cheating in big time college athletics.NCAA sanctions have been a joke and will remain so until there are stronger administrators.

This is the pool we are swimming in and what it takes to really win. We can either complain about it while waiting slogging through losing season after losing season or play the game like the winners do.

I don't see any other way.

Even an Oregon basketball wouldn't get away with what UNC-CHeat might get away with. This is strictly blue blood protection. Maybe 4 or 5 schools get this treatment in each sport (basketball and football).

Reactions: socaldave
Why? They earned it. However the NCAA did say that they wouldn't do that again and probably shouldn't have done it to SMU
Exactly. UNC deserves it too. If they don't whack the tar out of the heels for years of fake classes, SMU must have been a mistake. UNC is way beyond lack of institutional control. It's not their only case of wrongdoing. May as well fold up the NCAA tent.

Reactions: Loyal-Son
Exactly. UNC deserves it too. If they don't whack the tar out of the heels for years of fake classes, SMU must have been a mistake. UNC is way beyond lack of institutional control. It's not their only case of wrongdoing. May as well fold up the NCAA tent.
Keep in mind that SMU cheated, were caught by the NCAA and penalized.

They then proceeded to continue cheating and were caught again.

It was the second time they were caught, while on probation, that led to what became known as the death penalty.

Is UNC on probation currently? I have not kept up with their situation because I have low expectations on their punishment

Roy Williams learned from the best - Larry Brown. Larry got some schools in trouble a time or two, but he always managed to high-tail it out of there before the sheriff arrived. Roy ( with his aw-shucks, daggum, southern fried cooking routine) has taken it to a whole new level. Roy will manage this thing so he can ride it out to retirement, never having to flit from city to city like Larry (except Roy did do a little flitting when he absconded to UNCheat from Kansas and then Kansas got the flag thrown at it for stuff done on his watch. But he was returning to his alma mater so his escape routine evaded too much notice)

Last edited:
Taylor Zarzour from Sirius First Team had a local North Carolina radio guy on this morning." There is no evidence and absolutely no way Roy knew anything. Roy would rather stick his dinner fork in his eye than impugn the academic reputation of UNC". Also, anyone who says differently is biased against UNC because they are fan of another team.

Then Zarzour went on to point out that with all Roy has had to deal with resulting from this situation and the fact he was able to hold the team together and get them to the final four illustrates even more his greatness as a coach

Yup, uh uhh.

Last edited:
Taylor Zarzour from Sirius First Team had a local North Carolina radio guy on this morning." There is no evidence and absolutely no way Roy knew anything. Roy would rather stick his dinner fork in his eye than impugn the academic reputation of UNC". Also, anyone who says differently is biased against UNC because they are fan of another team.

Then Zarzour went on to point out that with all Roy has had to deal with resulting from this situation and the fact he was able to hold the team together and get them to the final four illustrates even more his greatness as a coach

Yup, uh uhh.
Ugh pathetic. Go Oregon!

Even an Oregon basketball wouldn't get away with what UNC-CHeat might get away with. This is strictly blue blood protection. Maybe 4 or 5 schools get this treatment in each sport (basketball and football).

Not even. USC is a blue blood in football and they got absolutely fooked. An agent completely unaffiliated with the school gave benefits to Reggie Bush and his family so he'd sign with them and they got mass scholarship losses, bowl bans, vacated wins/Heisman trophy. That was wrapped up in a year.

Things have been delayed again. Because N. Carolina pulled another stall tactic. Crowder one of the architects of these classes and an NC basketball shill, has now decided to testify. After years of declining, now she comes forward?

The NCAA has no choice but to interview her. Don't expect anything from the testimony as she will stick to the N. Carolina script she was given. They don't need her testimony to make their case but by law they have to interview her. The arrogance and war of attrition they are playing will not sit well with the NCAA when it comes sentencing time.

Keep in mind that SMU cheated, were caught by the NCAA and penalized.

They then proceeded to continue cheating and were caught again.

It was the second time they were caught, while on probation, that led to what became known as the death penalty.

Is UNC on probation currently? I have not kept up with their situation because I have low expectations on their punishment
Not sure, but they had some issues with recruits and agents I thought a few years back with football. My point is that all SMU did was pay players. The school did not sell its ACADEMIC soul like UNC did. IMHO, what UNC did is far worse than what SMU did. If the NCAA does not whack UNC hard, they owe SMU an apology.

ADVERTISEMENT