ADVERTISEMENT

If Hobbs Doesn't Hire Schiano

njrexguy

Senior
Gold Member
Aug 27, 2007
And hires someone who is not obviously a homerun he will need to explain why he didn't hire Schiano if he expects Schiano fans to return. I am certain that he will never explain why he didn't hire Schiano.

The only acceptable reasonsor not hiring GS are that GS had no interest or that he was demanding an outrageous salary. We will need specifics on that.

The only name I can think of who could top GS is Urban, which obviously is not happening. Jones won't do it. All the rest just won't bring me back unless they prove they can turn this nightmare around quickly.

If not Schiano it seems that i will be in the fire Hobbs camp even though I am fully aware that that won't happen unless this next hire fails.

205ed1d14618ca22a3471215c818cb82.jpg
not-this-shit.jpg
images
images

And hires someone who is not obviously a homerun he will need to explain why he didn't hire Schiano if he expects Schiano fans to return. I am certain that he will never explain why he didn't hire Schiano.

The only acceptable reasonsor not hiring GS are that GS had no interest or that he was demanding an outrageous salary. We will need specifics on that.

The only name I can think of who could top GS is Urban, which obviously is not happening. Jones won't do it. All the rest just won't bring me back unless they prove they can turn this nightmare around quickly.

If not Schiano it seems that i will be in the fire Hobbs camp even though I am fully aware that that won't happen unless this next hire fails.

Can you at least give the new guy a chance before you get on the fire Hobbs train?

I think I'm actually jealous of these guys.

I wish there was a man in my life that I adored as much as they do.
Maybe the rest of us are the problem?
Maybe the rest of us have a missing piece of our heart and are missing out?

Geez, can you stick your head any further in the sand? You're saying if all possible candidates, good and bad, were considered wit GS, you'd take GS?

At this point it would be kinda cool for RU not to hire Schiano just so you won't be back.

So, for anyone who is willing to buy into giving the next guy their support, I say that is laudable. Feel free to get new season tickets or renew your current season tickets. I dropped mine near the end of the Flood nightmare and did not buy into Ash when I watched his intro pressser.

I think Schiano can turn this around. There is no one else I'm hearing about that makes me want to get tix again unless they prove something here.

If Hobbs lands someone of Urban's stature I'm back in. That's not happening here, so if it's not Schiano than I will need to know that Schiano flat out wasn't interested before I to trust that Hobbs understands what is needed here. It's all about only three things right now: recruiting, recruiting and recrutining. Greg does that exceedingly well. Who else under serious consideration can top Schiano on that? Tell me please. Who?

So, for anyone who is willing to buy into giving the next guy their support, I say that is laudable. Feel free to get new season tickets or renew your current season tickets. I dropped mine near the end of the Flood nightmare and did not buy into Ash when I watched his intro pressser.

I think Schiano can turn this around. There is no one else I'm hearing about that makes me want to get tix again unless they prove something here.

If Hobbs lands someone of Urban's stature I'm back in. That's not happening here, so if it's not Schiano than I will need to know that Schiano flat out wasn't interested before I to trust that Hobbs understands what is needed here. It's all about only three things right now: recruiting, recruiting and recrutining. Greg does that exceedingly well. Who else under serious consideration can top Schiano on that? Tell me please. Who?
Bandwagon fan.

Really??? So it’s Urban and then Schiano? Lol. I want GS but come on people. The Schiano only cult is getting crazy. So ANYONE else besides GS & UM is not acceptable? Got it

Moorhead or Monken are better than Schiano?
The Anti-Schiano crowd is a little nutty.
Unless you’re getting Urban or Dan Quinn none of the names floated move the needle.

Reactions: ru1869
I'll say this ... if Hobbs doesn't hire Schiano, and he doesn't realize right now that the first question he will be asked at the press conference to introduce the next coach is, "Why didn't you hire Schiano?" ... then he's an idiot. The local media will try to drive a wedge the instant the new hire is announced.

Reactions: ru1869
What if he doesn’t want to be hired?

That’s the question that everyone avoids. I believe that Greg is available next season but RU is one of his last choices. He’s only available to RU next season if he can’t get a good offer somewhere else. He will wait on other possible offers before accepting RU imo.

With the Schiano only drums banging as loud as they are now just listen to the volume get raised if/when we get blown out by Minnesota and Liberty. Some of our Nervous Nellie posters will become mostly catatonic in the next few weeks. Will make for some amusing reading.

Reactions: Bilderberg_News
If hes hired, do be it. But what's wrong with someone else possibly doing the job?
Personally Tico,
I’m of the belief NJ and the State of Rutgers Football is a completely different animal from any other job. Candle at Toledo is pulling in kids, how? What is he offering, what ever it is you can bet we can’t give it.
Any coach who steps into this situation simply because you offer them a ridiculous amount of money will want to hang them selves for thinking they could win here.
We are further behind our conference foes than when Shea was here.
The transfer portal applies to every team, and every team we play in our league is 4 years of ahead of us in recruiting depth.
You can stat me to death with all your facts and figures, but GS turned this program around once, I think he can do it again, and I think 99% of coaches not named Meyer or Saban will fail horribly, just like Ash.

Really??? So it’s Urban and then Schiano? Lol. I want GS but come on people. The Schiano only cult is getting crazy. So ANYONE else besides GS & UM is not acceptable? Got it

I am ok with hiring someone other than Schiano but I think he's the best realistic hire out there. I just don't want another disaster like our last two coaches. BTW, if we hire Schiano and he gets us to be a perennial 6 win team in this conference, I would take it. (Richt or Cowher would be another hire that would make me ecstatic, but they're not coming.)

I am ok with hiring someone other than Schiano but I think he's the best realistic hire out there. I just don't want another disaster like our last two coaches. BTW, if we hire Schiano and he gets us to be a perennial 6 win team in this conference, I would take it. (Richt or Cowher would be another hire that would make me ecstatic, but they're not coming.)
i wanted Coach Richt when we were looking for a coach after Coach Flood

ADVERTISEMENT