ADVERTISEMENT

If Rutgers goes undefeated in the non-conference, will the fans turn out for Iowa?

Sad thing is, after Rutgers got the invite to The Big10, the selling point from the ticket office was keep your season tickets or move to better locations now. The premise was the demand for tickets would go through the roof and it did seem like that would indeed happen, common sense would think that. Then of course Ash happened and the rest is history.🤬
1st was the decision not to bail on Flood much, much sooner. Flood dug the hole, Ash pushed us in and covered us with dirt.

BTN crew on final drive thinking 3-0 heading into Iowa game too.

Temple didn’t look good against Duke if you saw any of that game. Nothing is a guarantee but it should be a favorable game for us.

BTN crew on final drive thinking 3-0 heading into Iowa game too.

Temple didn’t look good against Duke if you saw any of that game. Nothing is a guarantee but it should be a favorable game for us.
Temple has been victimized as much as anyone from realignment and the transfer portal the past few years.

Hey it’s Temple’s homecoming game , let’s beat them 50-7. With no injuries going to into Iowa game.

NJ people are too health conscious to produce beefy offensive linemen. Schools don't give fatty food for lunch and mothers make kids eat lots of salad. This is the problem that no one has pointed out.
Until this changes, we are not going to be able to compete against beefy Midwestern offensive linemen.
They let them eat whatever they want and whenever they want. They have never eaten a salad or a veggie burger.
Huh? have you been to a mall recently?

While we have a lot of the RHW's here in NJ- the reality is that there are plenty om Mom's that love to feed their boys- and pasta grows them bigger than most other foods.

Our problem is that other schools are poaching our big ole boys

7PM start in nice weather the place will be neat capacity and ROCKING early on at 3-0. No doubt in my mind. Should be 12K students easily. Let them sit wherever they want a bd get 15K of them in!!

Sadly Flood and Ash burn that all to the ground. Rutgers will need to get a long winning streak before the causals return in full force.

I think Rutgers can beat Iowa but Rutgers would have to actually beat Iowa first before most people will buy into the idea of Rutgers beating Iowa. If that makes sense.

Huh? have you been to a mall recently?

While we have a lot of the RHW's here in NJ- the reality is that there are plenty om Mom's that love to feed their boys- and pasta grows them bigger than most other foods.

Our problem is that other schools are poaching our big ole boys

Don Bosco and Bergen Catholic don't seem to have that problem with their DL.

Sadly Flood and Ash burn that all to the ground. Rutgers will need to get a long winning streak before the causals return in full force.

I think Rutgers can beat Iowa but Rutgers would have to actually beat Iowa first before most people will buy into the idea of Rutgers beating Iowa. If that makes sense.
Makes perfect sense. I think if the weather is good we will have a good crowd. Not great but good

I think you overestimate the impact of Flood/Ash on the casual fan. If they see undefeated Rutgers playing Iowa, a national brand, they will be inclined to see the game. Most casual fans have no idea that Iowa's offense has been abysmal in the first two games.

Not saying you, but too many of our fans are suffering from Flood/Ash PTSD. That era is over. Part of the fun (at least in my view) is watching the program take steps back to where it was under Greg 1.0.

I think you overestimate the impact of Flood/Ash on the casual fan. If they see undefeated Rutgers playing Iowa, a national brand, they will be inclined to see the game. Most casual fans have no idea that Iowa's offense has been abysmal in the first two games.

Not saying you, but too many of our fans are suffering from Flood/Ash PTSD. That era is over. Part of the fun (at least in my view) is watching the program take steps back to where it was under Greg 1.0.
I agree but what we want are fans also filling the seats. We need a few bowls and maybe a few rankings before we see that. But have a 7 win reg season and a bowl win followed by another similar season-,we start to see crazy full houses again.

Not sure how to start this but I see Rutgers is improving under Greg Schiano but with the brutal schedule, they may not win many games.

If Rutgers is ever going to build a program they need to show they can get a signature win against a highly respectable team at home.

That's going to require the fans to come out and make an impact on the game and the teams involved.

I have felt up to this point Rutgers fans focus way too much on Michigan and Penn State, two programs that are at the top of the league most years. And they'll only be happy when they can compete with them every year. But the team needs to show you can at least be highly competitive against a team like Iowa (a great defense, not great offense) first and then start building.

So I'm asking, will the fans turn out for a game like this or will Rutgers continue to feel like neutral site games?
I'm driving up from SC for the game, if that tells you anything.

I agree but what we want are fans also filling the seats. We need a few bowls and maybe a few rankings before we see that. But have a 7 win reg season and a bowl win followed by another similar season-,we start to see crazy full houses again.
I have a couple of small data points of friends who went to games with me through 2013-14, and then did not go. I have been getting requests from those friends for tickets this year because they know Greg is back and we are starting to look functional again. Small data point/sample size.

Reactions: yesrutgers01
I can't be there, but I hope the stadium is packed (unlikely, but seems it'll be decently well filled up) and goes totally crazy to support the team (much more likely, unless we get behind by a lot). Good loud crowds help with recruiting, help with winning, and are more fun for the folks at the game.

I can't be there, but I hope the stadium is packed (unlikely, but seems it'll be decently well filled up) and goes totally crazy to support the team (much more likely, unless we get behind by a lot). Good loud crowds help with recruiting, help with winning, and are more fun for the folks at the game.
It's sold out according to the school.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
It's sold out according to the school.
Yeah, but sold out doesn’t equate to packed. I’ve been to several games that were sold out, but where there were lots of unfilled seats. I always assumed the empties were mostly seats bought by scalpers or other groups who don‘t wind up using them all.

Reactions: RaritanKnightRU
Yeah, but sold out doesn’t equate to packed. I’ve been to several games that were sold out, but where there were lots of unfilled seats. I always assumed the empties were mostly seats bought by scalpers or other groups who don‘t wind up using them all.
As I posted earlier, they offered 6 tickets per family, for free, at my sons' school. This tells me they has a lot of tickets they were hoping to give away.

As I posted earlier, they offered 6 tickets per family, for free, at my sons' school. This tells me they has a lot of tickets they were hoping to give away.
Makes sense. Let‘s hope they, and other similar groups, manage to get those tickets to people who will go to the game.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
ADVERTISEMENT