ADVERTISEMENT

If you build it

FELONIOUSMONK

Heisman Winner
Apr 1, 2012
So far Ash is building the O side of his recruiting house which is the side he has never built. All seem like quality guys. A few more to go. Then he goes for the D side.I would imagine it will be as strong if not stronger than the O side. He seems like he has a plan.One that may put us in conversations that we have rarely been mentioned in..Looks like he may be the chosen one? I hope so..I really do.

Yea I kind of thought it seemed strange that the big commits are all on the offense side of the ball. Is that how recruiting always goes? As a defensive coach you would think that would entice more stud D recruits than offensive

Reactions: RUSK97
I think he is indeed aware of the mistakes that guys like Buddy and Rex Ryan and Schiano have made in recruiting and drafting a powerful D to carry a pedestrian O. Watch the back half of this class..The O is always the sexy side of recruiting.If guys like Hansard and Wilson see an O with some juice they might consider us where they would never have before.

Reactions: imbazza2
Ab,Yes sir. Props to him as one of the general contractors but the architect is named Ash.

Ash probably hasn't been able to really sink his teeth into recruiting as much because of handling the other work associated with being a new coach.
When practice starts back up ash will be able to show defensive recruits exactly why he just sent his whole osu defense to the NFL draft. That's an unreal accomplishment for a coach and forever will be a huge feather in coach ash's cap.

If a defensive recruit doesn't want to play for this guy, then I don't think they take their Nfl aspirations very seriously.

If I'm a top northeast defensive recruit, I have ash very high on my list of people who can get me ready for the league. Even urban Meyer can't take all of the credit for osu having a huge draft- he never did very well on developing Nfl-ready talent in the past.

Reactions: Scangg
2 thoughts:

- we need WR's in this class in the worst way

- the change in O's may have "peaked" the interest of offensive-minded/athletic guys first

Nuts, Agreed. The class that we ended up

with only the south African wide receiver set us back a bunch.But he seems to be making strides .

Nuts, Agreed. The class that we ended up
with only the south African wide receiver set us back a bunch. But he seems to be making strides .

If this young man has his father's genes and after 3 years of honing his skills; his Jr. year should be a break out. Thanks Felonious I have been hoping he would break out; "strides" is a good adjective hoping by late Sept we hear "surprise" associated with him.

2 thoughts:

- we need WR's in this class in the worst way

- the change in O's may have "peaked" the interest of offensive-minded/athletic guys first
Maybe the Plan "B" approach is to fix the offense first because we still have to score to win just in case we can't attract enough good defensive talent. It's more of a fix what we have than how will new people contribute immediately. Right now it's convincing recruits that RU will be a force in the near future and we're off to a good start. Upstream Red Team !

Reactions: AreYouNUTS
I can't imagine that we are involved in a "Plan B" approach at this point. Our head coach is clearly well-organized and attentive to detail. Plan A is a well-designed appeal to the young people of this area, and the staff is confident it will succeed. They do not need to throw it away (especially at this early juncture) and resort to any Plan B or C or whatever.

Coach Ash has a well-thought-out recruiting plan and has skillfully implemented it. Our staff not only works hard, but they work according to a detailed plan. Notice the well-designed media blitz that we are seeing every day. We seem to be gaining momentum every day, not losing it.

My guess is that we are seeing more offensive commits simply because the key offensive players in NJ were simply the first to buy into what our staff is selling.

I personally like what we are selling. I feel like this staff is sincerely interested in the welfare of the prospects, and I think the young men are sensing that.

I can't imagine that we are involved in a "Plan B" approach at this point. Our head coach is clearly well-organized and attentive to detail. Plan A is a well-designed appeal to the young people of this area, and the staff is confident it will succeed. They do not need to throw it away (especially at this early juncture) and resort to any Plan B or C or whatever.

Coach Ash has a well-thought-out recruiting plan and has skillfully implemented it. Our staff not only works hard, but they work according to a detailed plan. Notice the well-designed media blitz that we are seeing every day. We seem to be gaining momentum every day, not losing it.

My guess is that we are seeing more offensive commits simply because the key offensive players in NJ were simply the first to buy into what our staff is selling.

I personally like what we are selling. I feel like this staff is sincerely interested in the welfare of the prospects, and I think the young men are sensing that.
Just kidding ! I hope we get everyone on our target list and they all turn out to be great players. Might get some people we didn't expect too !

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT