ADVERTISEMENT

I'm completely uncomfortable with how good we are.

giphy.gif

hey, this team makes sure that the other guys don't score many points. Thus, we don't have to make too many either.

Reactions: DirtyRU
There is no limits on this team. They have the ability to win out the rest of the way. Do I think they will? No. The ceiling isn't 19-21 wins this year. They have the capability of winning any and all games the rest of the year, whether it's 20-11 or 24-7 or 27-4.

Ha . Same here . I just feel a collapse will come ! But I sure as hell hope not . This is fun and pike is doing a hell of job

Reactions: FastMJ
There is no limits on this team. They have the ability to win out the rest of the way. Do I think they will? No. The ceiling isn't 19-21 wins this year. They have the capability of winning any and all games the rest of the year, whether it's 20-11 or 24-7 or 27-4.

As insane as that is, you are right!!! Theres no limit to what the team can accomplish if they stick together.

I wont prognosticate on specifics for the b1g or NCAA tournaments but...they can go as far as they will themselves to go. Anything is possible for these guys.

Me too! It's amazing how good of a Defensive team we are, and as much as we all know D wins games, I just worry because we just don't have that flashy Offense. I'll take winning though.
Well with a little smarts and a lot of effort good defense doesn’t leave you or go cold like good offense can at times and it’ll keep you in games.

I see it in reverse of the way I view college football where I think offense is the equalizer.

Agreed.

We had a fairly comfortable win playing what seems like a C/C+ game from our team.

This team plays elite defense. Rebounds very well. Has such length around the perimeter. DEPTH. Heart. Play as a team. Really impressive so far and we can really do some damage in the tournament. If we get matched with a mid major or a team from a conference where they don't play tough D then they will be in for a longgg night

I truly believe that Rutgers is rightly a basketball school first
1869 says otherwise.
What you do have is 2 capable winning bball teams vs. 1 football. Imagine being an almost Uconn basketball program AND a top 35 Football program?

This team plays elite defense. Rebounds very well. Has such length around the perimeter. DEPTH. Heart. Play as a team. Really impressive so far and we can really do some damage in the tournament. If we get matched with a mid major or a team from a conference where they don't play tough D then they will be in for a longgg night
Didn’t the last National Champ also have a killer defense?

Let's hope the team stays focused and doesn't get comfortable. Part of me hopes they don't get ranked... Keep a chip on their shoulders

ADVERTISEMENT