ADVERTISEMENT

Important game at UDel for lax tomorrow

78CollegeAve

All American
Jul 2, 2001
Should be decent weather for a change at UDel (3-4). This looks like the make or break game to turn around the season. Really disappointed that the kids didn't carry the moderate successes of the Army game into Stony Brook. Other than NJIT, UDel looks like the best chance for a win. Win on Saturday and who knows? Maybe Princeton is a little beat up coming in to Tuesday night and then NJIT on Saturday. And then maybe UMich looks like another road opportunity. A 6-win season would be pretty respectable after the last few games. Yeah, hope springs eternal. Would love to go on Tuesday night without a sense of dread.

UDel's average loss has been 10.4-9.3 while RU is 11.3-8.5. UDel is certainly shooting better -- 30% to 22% but Nardella could make up for that as UDel is an even 50% on FOs.

UDel has lost to Ohio State, Villanova, Binghamton and High Point and beaten Bucknell, Holy Cross and Mt. St. Mary's.

Bottom line, a winnable game but if Vegas had a line, RU would probably be a 2-goal dog.

The lacrosse threads include lots of discussion on stats. All feel good stuff. Unfortunately this is Div-1 athletics and winning is the measurement. This is not the NBA Development League or local rec league stuff.

Hopefully Ru can cut down on the leaving people open with easy shots no way the goalie has a chance on and show some quality offensive opportunities. As have not been able to see a full game yet due to coaching our youth program as others have stated here, these are the keys. Weather wise its still going to suck as maybe hard rain at times with 10mph + winds, not ideal but no snow and almost 60.
Hope they can get it together but would not lay a dollar unless got 5

Nice bus ride home for the kids and coaches. A lot more movement on both ends. Hope some people show on Tuesday night. Don't understand why the weeknight games can't start at 7:30.

Originally posted by 78CollegeAve:
Nice bus ride home for the kids and coaches. A lot more movement on both ends. Hope some people show on Tuesday night. Don't understand why the weeknight games can't start at 7:30.
+1

Especailly for the later in the season ones where is it warmer.

Got to see most of game some of my quick thoughts, 1st 1/4 said to the grand kids as we watched "same old story" as O looked unsettled rushing opportunity's and not getting good looks and the D again was bad getting beat especially out front and from X and not sliding quick enough to open men. Goalie was out of position on their 1st 4 goals, Face offs were great again. Then mid 2nd 1/4 looked like the light turned on as all aspects vastly improved and things started jelling. Some nice saves, D tightened up and O made some nice passes to open men and dodges for goals.
Hope they can continue this trend with Princeton and the rest of the season... Hats off to the team for the win

Originally posted by mikefla:
RU won.....Cornell won...and Cuse beat JHop...............a wonderful weekend at my house LOL
Never want sara to win in anything. And Hopkins is a conference member now so want them to win their OOC games.

Originally posted by e5fdny:

Originally posted by mikefla:
RU won.....Cornell won...and Cuse beat JHop...............a wonderful weekend at my house LOL
Never want sara to win in anything. And Hopkins is a conference member now so want them to win their OOC games.
agree. Sorry if you have roots to the great frozen tundra. and i have roots to the frozen tundra. lived outside of Syracuse when i was little and father was an alum.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT