ADVERTISEMENT

Indy..who is going?

MCKnight2004

Senior
Oct 25, 2012
ASSUMING RU is announced as part of tournament, will RU Fans try to be part of the 25% capacity? I know tickets info will be announced after March 1. Such an unusual setting but still an opportunity for so many die hards That have been waiting 30 years....

Reactions: milktruck
I still don't understand why the B1G Tourney just a week before ending 2 days before can't also have the same deal?

And how exactly do you get tickets?

ASSUMING RU is announced as part of tournament, will RU Fans try to be part of the 25% capacity? I know tickets info will be announced after March 1. Such an unusual setting but still an opportunity for so many die hards That have been waiting 30 years....
If I can get a ticket, I'll absolutely be there. I'll be fully vaccinated by then (2 weeks after my 2nd dose on the first day of the tourne and 2 weeks after the 2nd dose is considered "fully protected.").

Reactions: LeapinLou
I wasn't going to let anything stop me last year. If the game was going to be played, I was going. This year is just not going to work out for several reasons.

Janet and I are booked into both flight and hotel. Not worried about tickets just yet...that will work itself out. As soon as the games are announced, I'll worry about dinner reservations!

I will not let this season go by without being there in person to show our support for Coach Pikiell and his squad. We were in Indy last year when our season came crashing down...seems only fitting we go there again to finish what we started

Janet and I are booked into both flight and hotel. Not worried about tickets just yet...that will work itself out. As soon as the games are announced, I'll worry about dinner reservations!

I will not let this season go by without being there in person to show our support for Coach Pikiell and his squad. We were in Indy last year when our season came crashing down...seems only fitting we go there again to finish what we started
Dinner at St Elmo steakhouse!

Are we even sure if all games are in the indy area? I mean, could they be 45 from the city ?

Are we even sure if all games are in the indy area? I mean, could they be 45 from the city ?
First round games could be played at Mackey or IU as well as 4 other sites in Indy proper. Easy drives from downtown, we've been to all of them many times.

St Elmo's is great btw...that shrimp cocktail will definitely open your nasal passages!

First round games could be played at Mackey or IU as well as 4 other sites in Indy proper. Easy drives from downtown, we've been to all of them many times.

St Elmo's is great btw...that shrimp cocktail will definitely open your nasal passages!
We just need to hope the game isn’t in Bloomington. Only 500 people allowed in Assembly. And that counts players, coaches, stat crew, TV crew, officials, security, etc.

Would love to but not gonna shell out the money for a watered down atmosphere

I agree the lack of atmosphere and feeling comfortable in the local bars makes the expenses tough to justify. Hopefully, this will become a more common thing for RU in the future and I'll get a chance.

BKin118 has to go. There is no way you attend decades of away games and then miss this. Easy decision for him. Will definitely be looking for those red jerseys in the limited crowds.

We just need to hope the game isn’t in Bloomington. Only 500 people allowed in Assembly. And that counts players, coaches, stat crew, TV crew, officials, security, etc.

I thought it’s 25% capacity at all sites? Where are you seeing this?

I agree the lack of atmosphere and feeling comfortable in the local bars makes the expenses tough to justify. Hopefully, this will become a more common thing for RU in the future and I'll get a chance.

BKin118 has to go. There is no way you attend decades of away games and then miss this. Easy decision for him. Will definitely be looking for those red jerseys in the limited crowds.

Looking forward to seeing him there. Will be a great time. Lucked into flight credit since we couldn't travel for football and hotel points from my CC. Hope to bring home a W.

It might be harder to get reservations at St. Elmo's then to get tickets to the game, the place is legendary & it is well deserved.

Reactions: rutgersfan1766
So you’re not getting into Assembly Hall unless you’re a family member of a player or staff, or live in Monroe County Indiana as a vaccinated medical personnel
Let's hope we play in one of the bigger venues, then, and we won't know that until Selection Sunday.

Games will be played on two courts inside Lucas Oil Stadium, as well as Bankers Life Fieldhouse, Hinkle Fieldhouse, Indiana Farmers Coliseum, Mackey Arena in West Lafayette and Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall in Bloomington. Only one game at a time will be played at Lucas Oil Stadium.

ADVERTISEMENT