ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting Name in the Portal

Caliknight

Legend
Gold Member
Sep 21, 2001
Connell Kumar from Uva. Middie from NJ. Kid was a stud in HS and is very athletic. I believe he'd have two or three years to play.

I have no idea where he is looking but I wouldn't be surprised if the staff is interested.

6-3, 190, played in only 11 of their 16 games, had 1 goal on 11 shots, 1 assist, and 5 GBs.

Listed as a sophomore, so yeah would have at least 2 or perhaps 3 YOE.

Uva has a couple of young guys that got more time, and have a transfer coming in that is going to play immediately.

You always question why would you want a guy that can't see time but sometimes it's just a numbers game. Based on his size and athleticism, and being from NJ, I'd expect the staff to look under the hood.

Reactions: William J. Leggett
For a kid like that, you have to look at high school film, which is pretty obvious, and more so work ethic and desire. Those are hard to quantify but Brecht and staff has done a really great job in that area.

I am sure the staff recruited him out of high school. If they don't recruit him again, there is probably a reason that doesn't have to do with physical skills. Uva brings in a lot of talent. You'd have to think there are some gems on the team that just aren't playing for whatever reason. Not saying this kid is, but I think you have to take a look under the hood.

We do have a spot or two open at the midfield for someone to step up and get time. I can't say who they are but there is a couple of really interesting kids I heard about.

For a kid like that, you have to look at high school film, which is pretty obvious, and more so work ethic and desire. Those are hard to quantify but Brecht and staff has done a really great job in that area.

I am sure the staff recruited him out of high school. If they don't recruit him again, there is probably a reason that doesn't have to do with physical skills. Uva brings in a lot of talent. You'd have to think there are some gems on the team that just aren't playing for whatever reason. Not saying this kid is, but I think you have to take a look under the hood.

We do have a spot or two open at the midfield for someone to step up and get time. I can't say who they are but there is a couple of really interesting kids I heard about.
Is Cole Daninger a lock to leave, or is there a chance he could pull his name out of the portal and return? It'd be nice to not have to replace all four of the SSDMs.

Kid from SHP and Leading Edge, kids is not likely to be here, neither. One of those programs have any love for Rutgers

Kid from SHP and Leading Edge, kids is not likely to be here, neither. One of those programs have any love for Rutgers
Dude. Jules Heningburg was a SHP alum. The founder of Leading Edge is a Rutgers alum and very pro RU. Stop with the BS

Reactions: TRU2RU
Dude. Jules Heningburg was a SHP alum. The founder of Leading Edge is a Rutgers alum and very pro RU. Stop with the BS
You need to keep up with the times. Marc does not run Leading Edge anymore it’s the Roy Brothers and they have no love for RU. They are the ones that shopped Stephenson around after he committed to RU and sold him on flipping to Michigan, and Jules came under a different coaching staff. Ask around you will find out that I am right

Reactions: William J. Leggett
Connell Kumar from Uva. Middie from NJ. Kid was a stud in HS and is very athletic. I believe he'd have two or three years to play.

I have no idea where he is looking but I wouldn't be surprised if the staff is interested.
Great kid and great family. Local from up my way. Went to SHP though (before I took over the lax program).... his sister played field hockey for me. She is going to UPenn.

Reactions: Caliknight
ADVERTISEMENT