ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting Post Player Transfer from South Carolina

Well, you have been mentioning twin towers for a few years. That includes last year... Myles and Cliff. Cliff would have been guarding perimeter 4's. Lol, imagine him guarding Livers at Michigan last year.
Cliff easily has the athleticism to guard most 4s on the perimeter. He will never need to do that for this team though. Just not his role.

We need a big man not to play alongside of Cliff, but to share Cliff’s play time. We’re a pretty slow team already. We don’t need two bigs to make us even slower. We lost arguably our three best defenders from last year. Put another big in with Cliff and I’m afraid we won’t be able to guard any team.
Agree. My ideal guy for that would be a Giorgi Bezhanishvil-type, 6'9 (6'8 would work too probably), rugged, strong on the block with good athleticism and the ability to get his shots from 10-15' as well as put backs. He would log plenty of minutes backing-up Cliff, but also be able to log 5 or so minutes per half with him. Good luck finding that guy I know, so a Doorson-type might end up being the more realistic back-up for Cliff.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT