ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting tweet from Fred Hansard

Those tweets sound like he is already here. But If he really feels that way why hasn't he committed?

Crystal ball predictions, which are subject to skepticism:
Tverdov- 83% RU
Valdez-100% RU
Perry-89% Stanford
Hansard -43% RU/29% Cloudy/14% PSU/14% Michigan
Bolds-89% Michigan/11%RU

Reactions: Scangg
Perry is probably ND or Stanford bound, everyone else is very doable.

BTW before we slam fans for tweeting at recruits, keep in mind that Hansard didn't create the edit in OP, I believe the bori blanco guy who took some criticism in the other twitter thread made the edit. I'm mixed on the issue of fans recruiting on twitter, on one hand recruits seem to dig it like in this case as well as many others, on the other hand some are just not very good at it like when they get into arguments with other fan base when recruits announce new offers from other schools.

BTW before we slam fans for tweeting at recruits, keep in mind that Hansard didn't create the edit in OP, I believe the bori blanco guy who took some criticism in the other twitter thread made the edit. I'm mixed on the issue of fans recruiting on twitter, on one hand recruits seem to dig it like in this case as well as many others, on the other hand some are just not very good at it like when they get into arguments with other fan base when recruits announce new offers from other schools.
odlman87 would kill it on twitter. RU's recruiting would improve exponentially.
Gotta admit, that tweet of Ash in the Dorothy/no place like home is awful.

odlman87 would kill it on twitter. RU's recruiting would improve exponentially.
Haha, not sure my shenanigans would go too well on twitter.

Gotta admit, that tweet of Ash in the Dorothy/no place like home is awful.
Yeah...like I said some are just not very good at it. However, keep in mind that to most 16/17/18 year olds, no attention is bad attention.

Reason 1 not to tweet recruits, at least use scarlet and photo shop over the UNC colors.

RU staff made the edit.

And that Dorothy photoshop is hilarious.

Reactions: Duff366

Sorry but I'm not tweeting 16 and 17 year olds to tell them to "come to Rutgers". I'll let them and their family make the decision not annoying ass fans.

Reactions: The Original Rah
Crystal ball predictions, which are subject to skepticism:
Tverdov- 83% RU
Valdez-100% RU
Perry-89% Stanford
Hansard -43% RU/29% Cloudy/14% PSU/14% Michigan
Bolds-89% Michigan/11%RU

Good guess. But I would flip Michy and RU with Bolds. :sunglasses:

Sorry but I'm not tweeting 16 and 17 year olds to tell them to "come to Rutgers". I'll let them and their family make the decision not annoying ass fans.

It's more than just tweeting at recruits to come to Rutgers. It's liking/retweeting their RU related posts and showing them RU love. A RU post with 100+ likes vs. a BC post with 10 likes sticks in their mind.

Social media has a bigger impact than what most people think. You can create recruiting momentum based solely from social media.

Don't stop tweeting recruits. Every other school's fans sure are. Recruits notice it.[/
It's more than just tweeting at recruits to come to Rutgers. It's liking/retweeting their RU related posts and showing them RU love. A RU post with 100+ likes vs. a BC post with 10 likes sticks in their mind.

Social media has a bigger impact than what most people think. You can create recruiting momentum based solely from social media.
Please give me one example of a recruit who committed to a school based on the number of fans who tweeted him? If anything it's used negativity by fans who bash the kid when the school is eliminated or not picked before national signing day. I follow some of the mods and they RT the recruits tweets. That's good enough for me. However, last year when players from the "DreamTeam16" eliminated Rutgers, you had grown man bashing kids who are picking the best school for their career. It's pathetic.

Please give me one example of a recruit who committed to a school based on the number of fans who tweeted him? If anything it's used negativity by fans who bash the kid when the school is eliminated or not picked before national signing day. I follow some of the mods and they RT the recruits tweets. That's good enough for me. However, last year when players from the "DreamTeam16" eliminated Rutgers, you had grown man bashing kids who are picking the best school for their career. It's pathetic.

This is obviously not the only factor that plays into a commitment, don't be ridiculous. It does help though and is great for perception.

So because some people tweeted negative things at players who went elsewhere, nobody should tweet positive things? Right...

Reactions: winRU
Those were not my guesses, but another recruiting site's guesses based on their experts.
You have to view 247 Crystal Ball in proper context. There are 8 expert predictions for Michigan but the most recent was a month ago on 4/28/16, and even though there is only 1 RU prediction, it came few days ago on 5/17/16 by the recruiting editor for a Michigan site, their Bobby Darren equivalent. Not all predictions are created equal.

Last edited:
You have to view 247 Crystal Ball in proper context. There are 8 expert predictions for Michigan but the most recent was a month ago on 4/28/16, and even though there is only 1 RU prediction, it came few days ago on 5/17/16 by the recruiting editor for a Michigan site, their Bobby Darren equivalent. Not all predictions are created equal.
I agree, that's why I said in my original post that a lot of folks are skeptical about the crystal ball predictions. They are less accurate than polls in elections.

This is obviously not the only factor that plays into a commitment, don't be ridiculous. It does help though and is great for perception.

So because some people tweeted negative things at players who went elsewhere, nobody should tweet positive things? Right...
My opinion, it's embarrassing grown men tweet 16-17 year old kids. The more likes or
Retweets they receive by a fan base plays no part in their commitment.

Reactions: mr_wizard_65
The edit itself was creepy at first but the follow up reactions by other RU fans made it funny, then the response by Doreen Ash made it hilarious.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT