ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa

You are enamored with them and disparage our team who goes toe to toe with that so called great team. They play little defense and were very very lucky to get out of the RAC with a victory. I expect the rematch to be another war.

Want Northwestern to go in tank, sorry Pawildcat. We need to beat them.

I like this Iowa team as well. Call me old fashioned but I love teams that value fundamentals and McCaffrey stands up for his team against the refs and the league. He’s a fiery coach and I love pissing him off when we play but no reason not to appreciate or respect this team. They are interesting to watch. That said I want to win by 20 next time we play and show those corn-fed motherf*ckers RU is for real.

Reactions: shields
Iowa is soft. They play lousy defense. They have played bad defense dating back to Jok and Udoff. Many of his teams have folded down the stretch. They can’t and won’t go anywhere until they play D.

They are amazing offensively however.

You are a little on edge...you are usually one of the more sane, unemotional and rational posters we have.

you need a hug or a piece of cheesecake. A RU win would help too.

Im fine. Im being objective. Have always eyerolled about the hate this board has for Iowa..and we should have beat them. They played a subpar game vs RU and we could not make one stop to win

Minnesota despite little fanfare is playing really well. Not sure it hold but for now they have 3 win huge wins.

Last edited:
Reactions: Greene Rice FIG
I love how the board loves to talk trash about Iowa and Minnesota constantly
Funny as hell. You who makes endless fun of little Richie and trashed Minnesota for years. I guess you have a little more respect for them and you should they are really good. But they are a different team at home than on the road. They beat 4 ranked teams by high double digits and lost on the road by double digits. They are a formidable team. Their center , the transfer from Drake is fantastic as is their other transfer Mitchell , who hit 8 of 9 threes to beat Iowa.
Iowa has developed into a great rivalry but Iowa has done crap nationally in the last 15 years. As great as their offense is , they hardly ever overwhelm us on offense and suck on defense. They were lucky to win this year and lucky to win on the Weiscamp ridiculous shot.

Im fine. Im being objective. Have always eyerolled about the hate this board has for Iowa..and we should have beat them. They played a subpar game vs RU and we could not make one stop to win

Minnesota despite little fanfare is playing really well. Not sure it hold but for now they have 3 win huge wins.
1 game is not a streak or trend. But based on what I saw vs Wisconsin I think next time we get stops. Whether we score enough is a valid concern. I think against Iowa we can score. I think I can take Jordan B off the dribble.

Easy team to root for.

They play hard, run an offense and have good basketball smarts.

The only blemish for me is their whiney head coach.

Iowa has been my favorite team not named Rutgers since last year, they are so multi- dimensional with so many threats are rarely have a bad night.

After watching Mccaffrey go nuts last year when Iowa intentionally fouled and the refs did not call it, I went on their board to see if McCaffey was the whiney little b**ch that most of us think he is and was very surprised by the reaction. Fran is a valued part of the Iowa community, is constantly doing charitable work, much of it behind the scenes with little publicity, and his players really love playing for him, which is why so many returned. Kind of ironic that some of the same fans who criticize Pike for not being fiery enough are the same ones complaining about McCaffrey being too whiney .

Iowa is such a pleasure to watch. Extremely well coached and they run an incredible organized offense. Pike should spend the entire off season watching iowas tape and trying to mimic their offense. They never have overly athletic guys who can beat their guy off the dribble but rather rely on good cohesive organized well coached offense to generate points. Its a thing of beauty

On there worse day Iowa will probably score at least 75 points .They have the type of team that will be successful against top level competition ,ie, post player that can score inside and from the 3 point line along with multiple 3 point shooters who also can get to the basket on dribble drives.With their scoring prowess Iowa wears down competition even though they play mediocre defense.

ADVERTISEMENT