ADVERTISEMENT

Ironman Tournament (12/13 & 12/14)

MS-RU

All American
Gold Member
Aug 9, 2013
RU has two commits and numerous targets competing this weekend in the Ironman Tournament. It's an awesome event with top HS teams like Blair, Wyoming Seminary, St. Eds, etc competing so there are a ton of ranked match ups.

Commits
Kyonte Hamilton (220)
Dylan Shawver (126)

Targets
Brett Ungar (113)
Nic Bouzakis (126)
Ryan Crookham (126)

Edit: Removed SVN since it appears he won't be competing this year.

Last edited:
RU has two commits and numerous targets competing this weekend in the Ironman Tournament. It's an awesome event with all of the top HS teams like Blair, Bergen Catholic, Wyoming Seminary, St. Eds, etc competing so there are a ton of ranked match ups.

Commits
Kyonte Hamilton (220)
Dylan Shawver (126)

Targets
Brett Ungar (113)
Nic Bouzakis (126)
Ryan Crookham (126)
Shayne Van Ness (132)

Great Tournament...FYI-No Bergen Catholic as NJSIAA schools do not go to IronMan. Iron Man is always prior to the start of the NJSIAA season. And I just read that Van Ness will not be there

Reactions: MS-RU
Great Tournament...FYI-No Bergen Catholic as NJSIAA schools do not go to IronMan. Iron Man is always prior to the start of the NJSIAA season. And I just read that Van Ness will not be there

Ah, you're right. I thought I saw BC but I think it was Bethlehem Catholic and my mind played tricks on me.

Reactions: ScarletGrapfan
RU has two commits and numerous targets competing this weekend in the Ironman Tournament. It's an awesome event with top HS teams like Blair, Wyoming Seminary, St. Eds, etc competing so there are a ton of ranked match ups.

Commits
Kyonte Hamilton (220)
Dylan Shawver (126)

Targets
Brett Ungar (113)
Nic Bouzakis (126)
Ryan Crookham (126)

Edit: Removed SVN
Why?

126 is absolutely stacked and 220 is strong as well, so it will be a great early season test for both Shawver and Hamilton. This is from the Ironman site, so it obviously might change if people ultimately don't compete.

126 pounds
#2 Trevor Mastrogiovanni – Blair Academy, NJ
#3 Nic Bouzakis – Wyoming Seminary, PA
#4 Ryan Crookham – Notre Dame, PA
#5 Dylan Ragusin – Montini Catholic, IL
#12 Caleb Tanner – Collinsville, OK
#14 Chris Barnabae – Mount Saint Joseph, MD
#17 Antoine Allen – LaSalle, OH
#20 Ethen Miller – Park Hill, MO

220 pounds
#2 Braxton Amos – Parkersburg South, WV
#5 Ethan Hatcher – Brecksville, OH
#9 Noah Pettigrew – Blair Academy, NJ
#10 Kolby Franklin – Wyoming Seminary, PA

Pre-seeds were released for the tournament:

1. Trevor Mastrogiovnni – Blair Academy, NJ
2. Ryan Crookham – Notre Dame, PA
3. Nic Bouzakis – Wyoming Seminary, PA
4. Dylan Ragusin – Montini Catholic, IL
5. Dylan Shawver – Elyria, OH
6. Chris Barnabae – Mount St. Joseph, MD
7. Vince Cornella – Monarch, CO
8. Antoine Allen – LaSalle, OH
9. Jackson Cockrell – Broken Arrow, OK
10. Logan Agin – Lancaster, OH
11. Garrett Lautzenheiser – Louisville, OH
12. Rocco Welsh – Waynesburg Central, PA
13. Kyren Butler – Copley, OH
14. Connor Williams – Lake Gibson, FL
15. Landon Hacker – Wadsworth, OH
16. Dy’Vaire VanDyke – Walsh Jesuit, OH

1. Braxton Amos – Parkersburg South, WV
2. Ethan Hatcher – Brecksville, OH
3. Kolby Franklin – Wyoming Seminary, PA
4. Noah Pettigrew – Blair Academy, NJ
5. Kyonte Hamilton – Georgetown Prep, MD
6. Grady Griess – Northwest, NE
7. Max Fausnaugh – Bowling Green, OH
8. Blake Robbins – Louisville, OH
9. Matt Kaplan – Lake Highland Prep, FL
10. Lazar Gasic – North Royalton, OH
11. Riley Ucker – Dublin Coffman, OH
12. Nik Mishka – Mt. Carmel, IL
13. Nick Lisco – St. Edward, OH
14. Nolan Neves – Graham, OH
15. Jake Noon – Findlay, OH
16. Chase Thompson – American Heritage, FL

Ironman video stream on FLOWRESTLING, however Brackets and results on Trackwrestling.

Dylan Shawver (Elyria HS) won by fall over Joseph Mecham (Grantsville) (Fall 5:43)

Hamilton absolutely mauls his opponent and gets the 1st period pin in 1:40.

Had the cradle within the first 15 seconds but lost it trying to turn him but eventually finished it.

Shawver wins a 7-5 dec over Connor Williams.

Shawver was dominating in the 1st with a take down and backpoints. In the 2nd he got too high on his ride and got reversed. In the 3rd he got in on some shots but couldn't finish and hung on for the decision.

Shawver wins a 7-5 dec over Connor Williams.

Shawver was dominating in the 1st with a take down and backpoints. In the 2nd he got too high on his ride and got reversed. In the 3rd he got in on some shots but couldn't finish and hung on for the decision.
What’s the deal with Shawver does anyone know? He wasn’t on the signing list.

Shawver will face #14 ranked Chris Barnabae in the quarterfinals

He would be a good addition, Especially if Alvarez grows out of 133
I loved watching him in freestyle this past summer.

In a Flowrestling article a few minutes ago, about the top quarter final matches tonight :

126: Dylan Shawver, Elyria vs #14 Chris Barnabae, Mount Saint Joseph

A local northeast Ohioan and future Scarlet Knight will try and knock off a ranked Lehigh commit.

220: #8 Kyonte Hamilton, Georgetown Prep School vs #9 Noah Pettigrew, Blair Academy

Hamilton committed to Rutgers, while Akron placer Pettigrew has yet to announce his collegiate intentions.

Shawvner comes from behind in the 3rd, to pull out a 5-3 win by decision. Entertaining bout. Shawvner wrestles in the Semi's at Noon tomorrow against the 1 seed , Ryan Crookham, Notre Dame, Easton, Pa . Another kid on the RU radar.

5 seed Hamilton loses to 9 seed Pettigrew of Blair 6-5. Hamilton is big and strong, lost to small, chubby Pettigrew who was just more skilled. Hamilton gave up his leg for a single leg attempt over and over. Hmm. In a wild first Pettigrew almost pinned Hamilton, then Hamilton reversed and almost pinned Pettigrew.

Hamilton could use some good coaching, as he is a physical specimen, that just doesn't appear very skilled.

Shawvner comes from behind in the 3rd, to pull out a 5-3 win by decision. Entertaining bout. Shawvner wrestles in the Semi's at Noon tomorrow against the 1 seed , Ryan Crookham, Notre Dame, Easton, Pa . Another kid on the RU radar.

5 seed Hamilton loses to 9 seed Pettigrew of Blair 6-5. Hamilton is big and strong, lost to small, chubby Pettigrew who was just more skilled. Hamilton gave up he leg for a single leg attemp over and over. Hmm.

That's the knock on Hamilton, he is super raw and still needs to develop. Has all the potential in the world given his size and strength.

That's the knock on Hamilton, he is super raw and still needs to develop. Has all the potential in the world given his size and strength.
Agree. This is a kid that will need a little time but has tons of potential. Can tell he is an elite athlete. Will need a redshirt for sure but think he hasn’t come close to his potential yet

5 seed Hamilton loses to 9 seed Pettigrew of Blair 6-5. Hamilton is big and strong, lost to small, chubby Pettigrew who was just more skilled. Hamilton gave up his leg for a single leg attempt over and over. Hmm. In a wild first Pettigrew almost pinned Hamilton, then Hamilton reversed and almost pinned Pettigrew.

Hamilton could use some good coaching, as he is a physical specimen, that just doesn't appear very skilled.

Pettigrew is 4 seed...

Bryce Hepner former Rutgers commit, who is going to Ohio State where his brother is,lost again and is out of Ironman. Good that Rutgers didn't waste money on him.

I think Hepner would have been a nice get (Open up St Edwards for recruiting) .
I am not sure he would have found a weight class as we have a lot of competition around his weight class. I remember watching him and he seemed very good on top. I wouldn't think he was allotted much scholarship money.

Kyonte Hamilton won his first consolation wrestleback by pinfall at 3:15. His next match will be against the 11th seed, Riley Ucker.
I can't get Trackwrestling to load to see the brackets. Flo is working fine. Any idea when he is up again and on what mat?

ADVERTISEMENT