ADVERTISEMENT

Is the Rutgers basketball team also playing over the summer?

I thought that this might be a chip we could use this summer with the incoming class.

I understand there would need to be a discussion about where the dollars would come from but, big & small schools make use of this every couple of year opportunity.

Going forward, we need to also

Yes, Duke is the only program allowed to play exhibition games in the summer.

It is a NCAA rule. Kentucky, Maryland, Fordham and the many other schools playing exhibition games in other countries are cheating.
Well we don't seem to see or hear anything else about any other programs, so I was just wondering.

Yes, Duke is the only program allowed to play exhibition games in the summer.

It is a NCAA rule. Kentucky, Maryland, Fordham and the many other schools playing exhibition games in other countries are cheating.

tenor.gif

Well we don't seem to see or hear anything else about any other programs, so I was just wondering.
I don't know why you don't seem to hear anything about other programs I was watching Kentucky on TV. Every one of their games in the Bahamas was televised. And Fordham? I couldn't tell you the name of two players on Fordham's team but I knew they were overseas.

Duke was in Ontario Canada inexpensive and easy for the media to get to. Plus it's Duke, they have RJ Barrett and Zion Williamson, they're going to get coverage.

Reactions: biazza38
I don't know why you don't seem to hear anything about other programs I was watching Kentucky on TV. Every one of their games in the Bahamas was televised. And Fordham? I couldn't tell you the name of two players on Fordham's team but I knew they were overseas.

Duke was in Ontario Canada inexpensive and easy for the media to get to. Plus it's Duke, they have RJ Barrett and Zion Williamson, they're going to get coverage.

Also Barrett is canadian, that was probably part of the recruiting pitch to promise him some opening games in canada

Also Barrett is canadian, that was probably part of the recruiting pitch to promise him some opening games in canada
It was. Duke does that frequently. These exhibition games we're basically played in Barrett's hometown.

ADVERTISEMENT