ADVERTISEMENT

Issa Thiam

higgins3

All American
Dec 15, 2012

Supposedly he said he is shooting 300-700 threes per day. I think it will be interesting to see what he can do this year. His release is not super quick, but its not slow either.

I think his shot this year would be the best if someone set a screen for him to give him some space, or if they got the ball out in transition quickly for a transition 3 when the defense was protecting the paint.

I really like this kids mentality though. You can tell he is working hard everyday, and has a humble attitude. There is a reason why St. Johns and Seton hall were going after him. I think he can be a great player for us. I trust too that if he a 6/10 player this year, Pikiell could get him to a 7.5.

6'9 and can shoot 3's? I like it. When's the last time we had that at Rutgers? Closest I can remember is Mitchell who was 6'7.

6'9 and can shoot 3's? I like it. When's the last time we had that at Rutgers? Closest I can remember is Mitchell who was 6'7.

For sure. It seems to have been a while. When it is all said and done, this kid has a very interesting skill set.His favorite player is Kevin Durant and that makes sense.

I have also seen him play great on ball defense, and is always around the rim for rebounds. While I think we are young, and a lot of our fans(myself included) see us as outmatched this year, I think we have a coach who is aware of the versatility of our players. Thiam is more of a small forward but is light enough to defend a shooting guard. He is also long enough to grab rebounds from a power forward.

If the chemistry gets going, I think we have a loud RAC and a lot of competitive games.

I see a bad habit of bringing it down below his waist when he's getting into form.

Can't wait to see this guy play, though! I've been praying for a 6'9 3/4 man for years since Herve left. I would guess we're the only high major that hasn't had them in recent past.

Reactions: higgins3
I see a bad habit of bringing it down below his waist when he's getting into form.

Can't wait to see this guy play, though! I've been praying for a 6'9 3/4 man for years since Herve left. I would guess we're the only high major that hasn't had them in recent past.

Great eye!

That is one thing that can quicken his release. If he is told, he is much better for it.

Seeing that slows the process, he is probably better for transition 3's and will need some space. He can still be effective.

A little Donnell Lumpkin in there for those of us that remember him. 6'9" outside shooter, Chris Remley too.

Reactions: Local Shill
300-700...that is kinda of a funny range.

On instagram he said something like 700 threes a day, 700 twos. In another post, 300 3's. I am confident in saying this kid has a good work ethic though. You just get the sense that he really wants to better himself, and is a decent kid.

Played last weekend with a 6'7" wing who just rained 3's. Coming out of high school, we thought his NBA path was paved. Played at a very good D-1 school, wouldn't consider RU. Played a a frosh. His low motor and lack of defense, put him on the bench for the next three years. Now a few years out and working as a teacher he is carrying an extra 30 lbs of donuts, and still canning 3's like they were tunas. Finished nasty dunks. Went soft off the glass with his off-hand lay-ups. I couldn't stop him any legal way. It reminded me of how good you have to be on the next level and then how the level after that is ridiculous.
I too really like Thiam. This year he is a role player on Corey's team. After that and some hard work he could become a player.

Reactions: RU23
Played last weekend with a 6'7" wing who just rained 3's. Coming out of high school, we thought his NBA path was paved. Played at a very good D-1 school, wouldn't consider RU. Played a a frosh. His low motor and lack of defense, put him on the bench for the next three years. Now a few years out and working as a teacher he is carrying an extra 30 lbs of donuts, and still canning 3's like they were tunas. Finished nasty dunks. Went soft off the glass with his off-hand lay-ups. I couldn't stop him any legal way. It reminded me of how good you have to be on the next level and then how the level after that is ridiculous.
I too really like Thiam. This year he is a role player on Corey's team. After that and some hard work he could become a player.

Thiam is not a role player on this team...lol. He will get significant mins

Hopefully he can hit these outside 3's when the lights go on. If so we really will have a player to help us out big time.

ADVERTISEMENT