ADVERTISEMENT

Issues with FLO?

Chickadee34

Senior
Gold Member
May 2, 2018
I keep seeing people posting on social media negatively about Flo, did I miss something - mind you I only watch RU wrestling, not an avid follower.

I keep seeing people posting on social media negatively about Flo, did I miss something - mind you I only watch RU wrestling, not an avid follower.

There is no live content now obviously, which is why the vast majority of fans subscribe. They are having lots of podcast interviews now and showing older footage, as well as coming up with other content such as All time best NCAA wrestlers from individual states.

Flo does permit pro rated rebates of the $150 yearly subscription, but many subscribers are not aware of this. They probably also will 'suspend' your account and then start it up again when live action resumes, upon request, but I am not exactly sure of this. i will email them today and find out.

On a side note, Pat Mineo reported that Mark Perry was leaving his spot at Hawkeye Wrestling Club because the Brands were cutting the funding in the woman’s program. Flo came after Pat accusing him of spreading false information. Pat ended up being mostly right. This has created a huge twitter and social media spat with Christian Pyles and Mineo.

Honestly, the entire thing is getting tiresome.

Flo absolutely roasted Pat Mineo and Willie Saylor for posting that the Hawkeye Wrestling Club was cutting funding for their women wrestlers this year and that their coaches were extremely pissed/leaving. Said there was a lot of unhappy people/turmoil within the program. They even had the Brands on to basically say it's all fake news and they have unlimited funding, etc. One of the Flo guys even put out a nearly 10 minute monologue on IG bashing Mineo for his fake news all the while saying how Flo is above certain things, it was all quite pathetic & ironic.

Fast forward a few weeks, Mark Perry leaves HWC and goes out to coach at Arizona State/Sunkist. Thomas Gilman leaves HWC and joins the NLWC. This week Alli Ragan goes on a podcast and confirms HWC is cutting their funding and all of women are leaving... basically confirming everything they reported few weeks ago. It's obvious Flo got played like fiddle and became a mouthpiece for Brands to lie about what was going on in order to control the narrative.

On a side note, Pat Mineo reported that Mark Perry was leaving his spot at Hawkeye Wrestling Club because the Brands were cutting the funding in the woman’s program. Flo came after Pat accusing him of spreading false information. Pat ended up being mostly right. This has created a huge twitter and social media spat with Christian Pyles and Mineo.

Honestly, the entire thing is getting tiresome.

Agreed. It's childish and if Flo wants to be the premier source of wrestling content, they need cut out this nonsense. It's a very bad look for them.

I know they want scoops and access to coaches, but they need to remain independent otherwise no one will take them seriously if they keep getting played by coaches in order to flat out lie to its customers.

Reactions: Clearscreen25
Agreed. It's childish and if Flo wants to be the premier source of wrestling content, they need cut out this nonsense. It's a very bad look for them.

I know they want scoops and access to coaches, but they need to remain independent otherwise no one will take them seriously if they keep getting played by coaches in order to flat out lie to its customers.

Pat also needs to tone his rhetoric down as well. Not worth going into all the details as there are plenty other forums out there beating this saga to a dead horse. Fact is the sport just needs to return to live action.

Let’s not forget Jordan Burroughs getting blind sided by Kyle Dake after Askren brought him on last minute during a live broadcast of FLO. Perhaps the entire thing was staged for ratings, but if not, the episode was extremely disrespectful to JB and another bad look IMOP. Keep in mind I’m a Flo subscriber and appreciate everything they have done to bring this sport in focus.

Pat also needs to tone his rhetoric down as well. Not worth going into all the details as there are plenty other forums out there beating this saga to a dead horse. Fact is the sport just needs to return to live action.

Let’s not forget Jordan Burroughs getting blind sided by Kyle Dake after Askren brought him on last minute during a live broadcast of FLO. Perhaps the entire thing was staged for ratings, but if not, the episode was extremely disrespectful to JB and another bad look IMOP. Keep in mind I’m a Flo subscriber and appreciate everything they have done to bring this sport in focus.

I agree on all accounts. I'm a subscriber as well and they do a great job with all of the content but need to get their affairs in order and start acting like true professionals.

Pat's not perfect and certainly feeds off of all the drama, but he didn't deserve to be treated that way nor should Flo be trying to assassinate someone's character.

Hot take, I thought the Burroughs and Dake interview was tremendous content. You got a real look into both of their competitive mentalities without the politically correct “I respect my opponents he’s a great wrestler” scripted answer.

Dake was the aggressor the entire time but came out looking weak to me. For a guy who has never beaten Burroughs aside from 1 match in a best of 3, he sure had a lot to say.

Reactions: obrats
Hot take, I thought the Burroughs and Dake interview was tremendous content. You got a real look into both of their competitive mentalities without the politically correct “I respect my opponents he’s a great wrestler” scripted answer.

Dake was the aggressor the entire time but came out looking weak to me. For a guy who has never beaten Burroughs aside from 1 match in a best of 3, he sure had a lot to say.
I also thought it was pretty entertaining. The sport needs excitement and conflict to draw viewers in. Kinda like what Pat Downey does. It may not be the best for young kids to look up to, but the sport needs $$$.

There is no live content now obviously, which is why the vast majority of fans subscribe. They are having lots of podcast interviews now and showing older footage, as well as coming up with other content such as All time best NCAA wrestlers from individual states.

Flo does permit pro rated rebates of the $150 yearly subscription, but many subscribers are not aware of this. They probably also will 'suspend' your account and then start it up again when live action resumes, upon request, but I am not exactly sure of this. i will email them today and find out.

What was the verdict? I’m not using my Flo subscription all that much and if I can suspend it until November and pick it up for next college season for free I’d definitely do that.

Reactions: rondi
What was the verdict? I’m not using my Flo subscription all that much and if I can suspend it until November and pick it up for next college season for free I’d definitely do that.

They offered to extend my subscription an extra 3 months at no charge. They didn't say one way or the other IF i could just suspend my account til further notice (for me when live action wrestling starts up again). I'll probably accept their offer hoping live action resumes this summer. A prorated refund is available at the end of each month from the date of the month of your original subscription (apprx $12.50/month,)

They offered to extend my subscription an extra 3 months at no charge. They didn't say one way or the other IF i could just suspend my account til further notice (for me when live action wrestling starts up again). I'll probably accept their offer hoping live action resumes this summer. A prorated refund is available at the end of each month from the date of the month of your original subscription (apprx $12.50/month,)
How do I go about the refund? Do I just cancel online and the money comes back immediately or do I have to call and make a request?

How do I go about the refund? Do I just cancel online and the money comes back immediately or do I have to call and make a request?

Go to your account, and there is a link to cancel your account. You will get a prorated refund credited to the credit card you used when you signed up. You will probably get an email confirming your request.

Go to your account, and there is a link to cancel your account. You will get a prorated refund credited to the credit card you used when you signed up. You will probably get an email confirming your request.
Why cancel? They are offering great content right now.

Reactions: obrats

Thanks. Appreciate the help.

Why cancel? They are offering great content right now.

I purchased Flo in November so if I cancel now and get the refund, I basically save half of the cost when I re-up in November. That “discount” is worth more to me than what is being provided currently. If there was live wrestling, I’d probably stay subscribed.

Also, for what it’s worth, before I confirmed by cancellation, they offered a $30 discount for the next billing cycle. I’d imagine anyone can claim that discount by cancelling their subscription, and then accepting the offer before confirming the cancellation.

I will keep my subscription.
Already spent the money and when wrestling begins, it has the best live coverage.
I don't pay attention to many of the articles, but i love the live wrestling.

According to Flo, there is no prorated refund. When I signed up with them in Feb. 2019, a prorated refund was part of the deal I believe. They have told me several times today they will not give me a prorated refund if I cancel.

According to Flo, there is no prorated refund. When I signed up with them in Feb. 2019, a prorated refund was part of the deal I believe. They have told me several times today they will not give me a prorated refund if I cancel.

I got a prorated refund last year , right after the NCAA national tournament was over. I wrote a very specific request email
I still haven't decided whether to take their 3 free month extension offer or request a prorated refund. I think if you paid by credit card, your CC company would back you for the prorated refund, if necessary. I always pay with AMEX as their customer service is terrific.

We may not see live wrestling until January 2021.

I am a big Flowrestling fan, so will probably stay with the 3 free months. I just wish they had the rights to USA wrestling live content.

Last edited:
Reactions: LETSGORU91
ADVERTISEMENT