ADVERTISEMENT

It's going down

RU4Real

Legend
Jul 25, 2001
The buzz I'm hearing amounts to a coordinated, high-level booster-led takedown of Pat Hobbs.

Today's news story is not the last - there's more coming.

By Thanksgiving I predict that Pat Hobbs will be our former AD, that Sarah Baumgartner may be our former assistant AD and Greg Schiano will be the next Rutgers football coach.

May God have mercy on our souls.

The buzz I'm hearing amounts to a coordinated, high-level booster-led takedown of Pat Hobbs.

By Thanksgiving I predict that Pat Hobbs will be our former AD, that Sarah Baumgartner may be our former assistant AD and Greg Schiano will be the next Rutgers football coach.

Wow. What are you hearing are the reasons for the takedown?

I wish you were some conspiracy nut job but I know better from your reputation and posting history. Since it’s not April 1...
giphy.gif

As long as Schiano or better is the coach and Pike remains men’s coach Hobbs/Baumgartner doesn’t matter.

Because Rutgers needs more drama

Why is Hobbs so against schiano if it will cost him his job?

It's not that.

Hobbs may not think that Schiano is the ideal candidate. But there are people of influence who have resolved to get rid of him, football coaching hire notwithstanding.

There's some indication that this whole thing has been an orchestrated race to the bottom - that Pat, knowledgeable of his situation, fired Ash when he did as a preemptive strike, knowing that no qualified AD candidate would want to inherit a brand-new football coach hired by his predecessor.

As I said in the other thread, this is next-level shit, for Rutgers.

It's not that.

Hobbs may not think that Schiano is the ideal candidate. But there are people of influence who have resolved to get rid of him, football coaching hire notwithstanding.

There's some indication that this whole thing has been an orchestrated race to the bottom - that Pat, knowledgeable of his situation, fired Ash when he did as a preemptive strike, knowing that no qualified AD candidate would want to inherit a brand-new football coach hired by his predecessor.

As I said in the other thread, this is next-level shit, for Rutgers.
This makes no sense.

Im not incomplete agreement with the OP but I wouldnt completely dismiss the idea. Schiano and Hobbs do not get along and Schiano WILL be hired in the very near future. But like I said in another thread its too big of an allegation to just throw out there.

Reactions: Steve91562
I don't disagree. Or rather, I agree that parts of it don't seem to really connect.

For example, if Hobbs gets immediately kicked to the curb, who actually hires Schiano?

Are they going to name Marco Battaglia "acting AD" and have him do it?

Actually...
What makes no sense is why fire Hobbs? Scandal? The softball accusations? The CF with Ash? Refusing to hire Greg? I don’t understand.

Reactions: MidwestKnights
What about this softball thing and the Hobbs response?
Makes the job of whoever it is orchestrating this easier

The softball thing is part of the play. Remember, this lawsuit was filed in July.

By an attorney who is a close acquaintance of Barry Alvarez, the specter-like presence of Rutgers Athletics. And who happens to specialize in negotiating coaching contracts.

Alvarez, btw, just happens to be a very close personal friend of Greg Brown. And will be here next week as part of the Anniversary discussion panel (which curiously does not include the current AD).

Im not incomplete agreement with the OP but I wouldnt completely dismiss the idea. Schiano and Hobbs do not get along and Schiano WILL be hired in the very near future. But like I said in another thread its too big of an allegation to just throw out there.
Do you or anyone else know for certain if "Schiano and Hobbs do not get along"? They apparently have never met.

Just putting rumor and innuendo from several sources together. We could be 100% wrong on this. But that Nj.com story and Hobbs' alleged response fit a script.

ok I’ll bite. If this was led by Greg Brown, who’s on the board, wouldn’t it be easier to just fire Hobbs if he wants Schiano? Also Hobbs can’t just hire the next coach- he has to have the board sign off on it.

The softball thing is part of the play. Remember, this lawsuit was filed in July.

By an attorney who is a close acquaintance of Barry Alvarez, the specter-like presence of Rutgers Athletics. And who happens to specialize in negotiating coaching contracts.

Alvarez, btw, just happens to be a very close personal friend of Greg Brown. And will be here next week as part of the Anniversary discussion panel (which curiously does not include the current AD).
Not good for Hobbs if Greg Brown isn’t in his corner.

So we are going to do the whole Pernetti, Julie Hermann, thing a third time? Just to get St. Greg back? Fan-freaking-tastic.

The people who call that shots at Rutgers are f*cking idiots. Like, irreparably stupid f*cking people. If I didn't get two degrees from RU, I would have walked away a long time ago. I may walk away over this. You cannot donate to this organization and feel good about it.

For the first time in forever, everything was actually moving in the right direction. ANd now they are going to jettison it, to get their beloved .500 coach back. Its beyond belief.

What makes no sense is why fire Hobbs? Scandal? The softball accusations? The CF with Ash? Refusing to hire Greg? I don’t understand.
Look at Rutgers history.
Gary Waters "resigns" because he missed a game because his flight was delayed after he accepted an award out of state with Fred Hill waiting in the wings.

Bob Mulcahy forced to resign because of some trumped up crap in stories from the Star Liar fed to them by the Rutgers 1000.

Tim Pernetti thrown under the bus/fired after he asked his boss to review the video but did not.

Hobbs' alleged attack on the reporter for today's story sounds like the typical ticky tack nonsense they would fire someone for.

Rutgers gonna Rutgers.

I posted weeks ago Hobbs wouldn’t survive the new President. If any of this is true it simply accelerates the timeline. And, I’m not surprised. The demise of our football program in such a short time is almost unprecedented. There’s too much risk in the next hire and if the deep pockets don’t trust Hobbs to make the right choice The move to get rid of him needs to happen now.

ADVERTISEMENT