ADVERTISEMENT

Ivy League To Cancel All Spring Sports For The Rest Of The Spring

MS-RU

All American
Gold Member
Aug 9, 2013
"With further developments in the outbreak of COVID-19, the Ivy League Presidents are announcing their unanimous decision to cancel all spring athletics practice and competition through the remainder of the academic year. "

This greatly shakes up the lax world as 3 of the top 5 teams (#2 Cornell, #3 Princton, and #5 Yale) are from the Ivy League. Way to screw over these kids.

https://ivyleague.com/news/2020/3/1...ents-through-the-remainder-of-the-spring.aspx

This is extreme. I can understand no spectators in the short term until there is more more information it would as easy to see this coming when colleges are announcing virtual classes/campus closures.

sucks for their seniors who have now played their last game.

"With further developments in the outbreak of COVID-19, the Ivy League Presidents are announcing their unanimous decision to cancel all spring athletics practice and competition through the remainder of the academic year. "

This greatly shakes up the lax world as 3 of the top 5 teams (#2 Cornell, #3 Princton, and #5 Yale) are from the Ivy League. Way to screw over these kids.

https://ivyleague.com/news/2020/3/1...ents-through-the-remainder-of-the-spring.aspx

Add Penn #15 to that list. Sure as hell shakes up the tournament. I believe they're asking for another year of eligibility for the seniors.

Wow. Really sucks for those kids. Seems like an extreme measure at this point.

Last edited:
Man, what an overreaction. I feel bad for these kids. They put so much into it. At least let them compete with no fans. It's not like these kids are getting exposed to other people when they travel or vice versa.

Man, what an overreaction. I feel bad for these kids. They put so much into it. At least let them compete with no fans. It's not like these kids are getting exposed to other people when they travel or vice versa.

At least we won't see the Baltimore Mafia leave a Top 5 team out of the tournament when they limit the Ivies to two teams.

I was just emailing with the Delaware lax assignor. He said the coaches are stunned. Not a surprise. I think it's an overreaction too, but everytime I check the news someone tests positive.

Extreme overaction...but once this train started down the tracks, there is no turning back...my prediction is it's all closed down in a week...or less...

High school sports are next...if you shut down college lax, HS is next

With that said, was watching the golf channel tonight, pre tourney coverage of the players championship....not a peep about the virus...my guess is that was a directive from the top...they want people at those golf tourneys.

Reactions: Caliknight
ADVERTISEMENT