ADVERTISEMENT

Izzo admits, he much prefers playing us at MSG

I admire his candor as well. Betcha Chuckling too.

Sure he doesn’t mind a weeks rest and RU playing three games away from home in seven days either.

I can only imagine this conversation:

Hey Tom we are thinking of moving RU game from the RAC where in your last two appearances you lost by 20 and 30 points to a noon start(we want to keep attendance down you know) at Madison Square Garden? Are you okay with that? We wanted to make sure. Wouldn’t want to ruffle any MSU feathers. You are MSU.

Hey we won’t tell Rutgers until after they sold their season tickets to their fans. It’s Special Saturday after all. And it’s even better for Rutgers. Now it will be considered a home game for RU even though they are being forced to play at the Garden and if RU wins it will only be considered a Quad 2 win. Hey two or three years from now we’ll make Penn State give up a home game to RU…snicker snicker. (This is purely satire and would never happen right?)

Last edited:
I admire his candor as well. Chuckling too

Sure he doesn’t mind a weeks rest and RU playing three games away from home in seven days either.

I can only imagine this conversation:

Hey Tom we are thinking of moving RU game from the RAC where in your last two appearances you lost by 20 and 30 points to a noon start(we want to keep attendance down you know) at Madison Square Garden? Are you okay with that? We wanted to make sure. Wouldn’t want to ruffle any MSU feathers. You are MSU.

Hey we won’t tell Rutgers until after they sold their season tickets to their fans. It’s Special Saturday after all. And it’s even better for Rutgers. Now it will be considered a home game for RU even though they are being forced to play at the Garden and if RU wins it will only be considered a Quad 2 win. Hey two or three years from now we ‘ll make Penn State give up a home game to RU snicker snicker. (This is purely satire and would never happen right?)
And -15 wind chill Saturday morning. That will keep the students in bed.

Zags maybe, in a down year, but so much better than Miami, SHU, Wake, Temple? I don’t think so. So please stop saying we didn’t get screwed.

Reactions: PSAL_Hoops
Then you don’t do the game that day. Simple enough. So again it was to fill a slot. Nothing “special” about it. Such a joke.
Wrong, wrong, wrong . . . the players want to play there, the coaches want to play there as per Pike. The only joke is the negativity from some "fans".

Reactions: Britt4-6 and TRU2RU
Wrong, wrong, wrong . . . the players want to play there, the coaches want to play there as per Pike. The only joke is the negativity from some "fans".
Again I have no problems playing at the Garden in November or December against a non conference foe. Don’t give away home court advantage for a league game.

As BAC so eloquently points out, we have given away the home court advantage for the best and most important game of the year to the Garden. And for further insult to injury it could now hurt our net.

It’s a joke and mainstream media now noting the same. See Carino’s article behind pay wall.

Reactions: Tango Two
Again I have no problems playing at the Garden in November or December against a non conference foe. Don’t give away home court advantage for a league game.

As BAC so eloquently points out, we have given away the home court advantage for the best and most important game of the year to the Garden. And for further insult to injury it could now hurt our net.

It’s a joke and mainstream media now noting the same. See Carino’s article behind pay wall.
Would rather just listen to Pike.

Would rather just listen to Pike.
It’s a great honor and privilege to play at MSG, it will be exciting and fun for our players and coaches.
It’s a Nationally televised game I believe!
It’s all great.
All that said we lose our home court advantage and have made the opposing coach happy about it…those are undeniable facts.

there was a reason the game they had to give up was Michigan State

Water under the bridge as long as we never do this again unless we also play them in Detroit instead of East Lansing in the same season. We better not agree to play another conference game at MSG absent this type of arrangement.

Another big gripe here is scheduling. Now Pike is inclined to schedule soft, we know this, but this year he made our plans with the expectation that our conference schedule was harder than usual (one less home game). That might’ve even been the reason he chose the Temple game vs trying to get in one of the small 4 team brackets for 2 games (he thought he had an extra neutral game).

It’s a great honor and privilege to play at MSG, it will be exciting and fun for our players and coaches.
It’s a Nationally televised game I believe!
It’s all great.
All that said we lose our home court advantage and have made the opposing coach happy about it…those are undeniable facts.
Are you kidding me? Tommy Izzo is never happy. Just look at his face during the game😢.

ADVERTISEMENT