ADVERTISEMENT

Jacob Young

He can be frustrating at times but I am really going to miss his energy, defense, quickness and emotion when he leaves. You know when he makes a tough shot he will ramp his defense up even more. That’s when he claps his hands before picking up his man on D and the fun starts.

He can be frustrating at times but I am really going to miss his energy, defense, quickness and emotion when he leaves. You know when he makes a tough shot he will ramp his defense up even more. That’s when he claps his hands before picking up his man on D and the fun starts.
He is a great on ball defender, has to be one of the best B1G guards defensively. If he plays in control on O he can help us to some surprise wins in the post season. But let's take care of business at NEB next Mon!

One of his best games of the year. Drove but not out of control. Brought the D to him & either dished it or kicked it out to guys with good looks.
My gf was yelling “slow down Jacob!” a couple times and sure enough he did, when he had the ball on a breakout and the D recovered. Good to see him not forcing things yesterday.

Reactions: Night Man
He is what he is - a potentially explosive player who is turnover prone. You take the good with the bad. He will not play in the NBA but could have a career overseas. He's definitely been a part of more than a few wins over his time here.

He plays D the way kids imagine they can play D... every dribble is an opportunity for a steal.. nothing is surrendered.. and how he uses his feet to claim his positiion... stellar... On O i wish he'd stop tryig to split defenders (while maintaining his dribble) or go to that football-carry thing where he takes two steps and shoots or passes..

coukd have a deep run this year...

young wont be back

That seems to be the consensus based on ZERO information. Remember, his dad was a NBA pro, so one would hopefully assume that money is not an issue and given the dramatic improvements he has made, perhaps another year playing in the best conference in college basketball may give him a shot at the NBA (i know that is a big stretch). But if someone like Garza (comes from a well-off family) can return for another year and JY is in grad school, maybe he wants to have one more year, but granted, he will be 24 years old, so couldnt blame him either way.

I see a deep run in the future if they all leave.

My definition of the future is tomorrow and beyond
I knew you’d nitpick my use of the word “future.” You did not disappoint. But the future beyond next year will not include any of those 3 players. So my statement about those guys, including the phrase “come back” is clearly a reference to next year, and next year only. If those 3 come back next year, I can see us winning three games in the NCAA tournament, next year.

I knew you’d nitpick my use of the word “future.” You did not disappoint. But the future beyond next year will not include any of those 3 players. So my statement about those guys, including the phrase “come back” is clearly a reference to next year, and next year only. If those 3 come back next year, I can see us winning three games in the NCAA tournament, next year.
Myles is the guy we can’t lose. We can find a way losing 2 or 3 guards. Unless Cliff has a humongous off-season it would be devastating to lose Myles

Reactions: RUShea and Kbee3
Don’t see any confirmation anywhere. People are making guesses

I don't think most of the players even know what they are doing next year, yet. Can we finish the season?? People act as if they know. LOL

Best of Luck,
Groz

Reactions: hoquat63
Myles is the guy we can’t lose. We can find a way losing 2 or 3 guards. Unless Cliff has a humongous off-season it would be devastating to lose Myles
Agree about Myles, he’s the key. And while other guys can step in and step up, it would be nice to have the leadership and clutchness of Geo, and the defense, speed and shotmaking of JY, to play with Myles for one more season. IMO, that gives us the best chance to go on a deep tourney run NEXT YEAR, along with Harper of course, and the rest of the guys upping their game as well.

As Groz said, no one knows at this point what will happen with any of our guys. So many are acting like they know for certain. It is all speculation. Who knows they just might all return. That would be nice.

Reactions: NickKnight 1
ADVERTISEMENT