ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Jaden Jones to the NBA Draft

this has to be one of the all time bad decisions for a college athlete.

Im assuming he will return to college somewhere in some capacity. He should not even be asking the NBA for advice. He should be asking his college coaches who have built a tournament team for three straight years. Kid has a chance to be a big ten star and thinks someone will draft him because he was a 4 star in high school?

Reactions: rubigtimenow
He has size and skills. Wouldn't surprise me - if 3 yrs from now, he's able to make a g league or nba roster. He has gifts to work with

If he didn’t enroll in classes this Spring or isnt going, it’s going to be hard for him to be eligible.

If that’s true, and I don’t know if it is, he has no choice. He’s out of college sports until at least the next semester. And he will likely need summer school.

Marketing. Declare for the draft, transfer to a school who can then claim they are getting a kid who decided to skip professional basketball and come back making his name more known.

It’s social engineering transferring now.

College sports are becoming laughable. Every year most everyone’s roster will look very different.
He’s not getting any positive marketing from this. It’s a joke.

He’s a shooting guard who shot 23% from 3 (worst on the team outside of Cliff).

Outside of Jalen and Hyatt he also had the worst overall field goal percentage on the team of true schollie players.

And he was benched for his defense - not his offense.

He’s not getting any positive marketing from this. It’s a joke.

He’s a shooting guard who shot 23% from 3 (worst on the team outside of Cliff).

Outside of Jalen and Hyatt he also had the worst overall field goal percentage on the team of true schollie players.

And he was benched for his defense - not his offense.
I didn’t say it was right. I’m saying how the mind of Social Media and marketing works.

What other choices does he have except come back and play in college which he clearly doesn’t want to do. He can very likely make a G league team or whatever.

I didn’t say it was right. I’m saying how the mind of Social Media and marketing works.

What other choices does he have except come back and play in college which he clearly doesn’t want to do. He can very likely make a G league team or whatever.
Honestly - unless he’s improved significantly he’s not even G-league material. He couldn’t even compete for time at rutgers.

Who knows. I mentioned Davis the other day. He went from scoring 7 pts per game to a potential lottery pick in one year. We never got to see who he really was as a player because he didn’t get with the program.

If he didn’t enroll in classes this Spring or isnt going, it’s going to be hard for him to be eligible.

If that’s true, and I don’t know if it is, he has no choice. He’s out of college sports until at least the next semester. And he will likely need summer school.
I really hope it's not true, especially when it seems he comes from a good family and support system. Nobody asked why he wasn't attending class?

Honestly - unless he’s improved significantly he’s not even G-league material. He couldn’t even compete for time at rutgers.
Someone would give him a shot based on size potential. There are guys on that league who didn’t do much.

Unfortunate, was excited about Jaden but whatever, we keep moving.

i have a hard time believing he didn't enroll in class and stopped going entirely. With the amount of people monitoring these kids and tutoring them, how is that even possible.
I keep thinking about his dad’s tweet when Caleb won DPOY award. Weird.

i have a hard time believing he didn't enroll in class and stopped going entirely. With the amount of people monitoring these kids and tutoring them, how is that even possible.
Happens at Kentucky all the time. Zion Williamson did it. It’s common.

If he really knew he was gone no matter what and never intending to go to any other school, it wouldn’t be hard.

Coach I’m not coming back and am not transferring. My dream is to play basketball and I’m going to pursue it. I’m not going to class because they are irrelevant now. I’m a good teammate and will practice hard for you these next 3 months even if I’m not playing while working on my game and fitness. Thanks for the opportunity.

It’s a different world now.

also lol at the "source" that told the reporter that NBA scouts were raving about him to Rutgers coaches. Do we think that's his dad, or was it an uncle?

Reactions: RUfanSinceAnderson
Happens at Kentucky all the time. Zion Williamson did it. It’s common.

If he really knew he was gone no matter what and never intending to go to any other school, it wouldn’t be hard.

Coach I’m not coming back and am not transferring. My dream is to play basketball and I’m going to pursue it. I’m not going to class because they are irrelevant now. I’m a good teammate and will practice hard for you these next 3 months even if I’m not playing while working on my game and fitness. Thanks for the opportunity.

It’s a different world now.
Zion was the first overall pick. This kid didn't even play. Apples to motor oil

It sounds like had no intention of playing college ball. Enrolled early got his one year of college in and didn't enroll in any classes or stopped attending the start of the spring semester 2022 which led Pikiell to stop playing him.
If that is the case then he will have trouble transferring. If he didn’t attend any classes as you suggest he can’t possibly be academically eligible to play next year as he will have all f’s on his transcript. Also, if he wasn’t going to classes I doubt Pike would have allowed him to remain an active team member and would have suspended him for a violation of team rules.

Reactions: Scangg and Rokodesh
I think I read he was in Dayton with the Team. Pike shouldn't have wasted the plane fare...should have told him to walk to the game if he wanted to go..

I hope he was NOT one of the young players that Geo said worked so hard in practice. If so, I would be afraid that means this guy was playing everybody, including Pike and the Team, until the season was over.

I agree. Wouldn’t he just be suspended at that point after Academic Support’s progress reports come in?

I wish him well and appreciate that he picked RU out of HS. I just hope that he is getting sincere advice from his family and inner circle. As a college freshman, we are all inexperienced and lacking life experience. IMO, he would benefit the most from improving his game particularly with regard to shooting and defense as well as working toward his degree.

Idk. Maybe he wants to see how he stacks up against other potential draftees. He didn’t get to play much. If he’s back. Great. If he goes into the draft or transfers. Best of luck.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT