ADVERTISEMENT

Jahlil Tripp Article

Morton is a POS with an agenda. Yeah, sorry we're not all over your lightly recruited player. He wasn't exactly swimming in offers when he committed. I think I'll take my chances with this staff. What a joke.

No subscription was needed. Tripp's coach said the new coaching staff is doing a poor job and they do not seem to "know what they are doing." I am sure that's sour grapes. We have a veteran staff and to say they don't know what they are doing is simply not credible.

We don't know what we're doing because we forced out Macon apparently. Or we aren't recruiting him. His comment is based on nothing. I think the staffs recruiting plan has been very sound to this point. Keep the majority of the team together, go out and make sure we have Sa thiam and Bullock coming in, then fill the practice staff with whatever d1 transfers we can find, whether that be the twins or the Florida transfer. This leaves 1-2 scholarships for next year's class depending on who we get now.

What a bunch of crap. When Morton says RU doesn't know what it's doing, he means RU doesn't know what it's doing with Tripp. I'm sure he doesn't mean the RU staff doesn't know what it's doing overall.

With that said, Morton knows exactly what Rutgers is doing. RU is lukewarm on Tripp, but may like to have him on board if space is available. Morton wants RU to make a committable offer to Tripp right now. That's not happening.

Last edited:
Reactions: Underdogs88
Tripp was a Macon recruit, so it makes sense that he follows him to Saint Louis. I don't put much credibility into anything that Morton says or does.

so, "Morton" would be - Dwayne "Tiny" Morton, the longtime Lincoln High School coach - who coached a number of stars & Isaiah Whitehead, and then followed Whitehead to Seton Hall & became an assistant coach at Seton Hall ... and then quit a year later to go back to Lincoln High School
- some interesting stories out there -

I wasn't able to read the article. Seems you need to be subscribed but I will say this..Tripp can handle the ball and could help RU with depth at the guard position.

I wouldn't mind seeing him get the final spot on the team this year although it wouldn't be a big miss if they didn't get him. I prefer him over Mike Williams as a big 10 guard

Not sure if this link will work but I saw this posted on twitter as well as some reports of Tripp putting on a show at the recent all star event. Short clip but you can see some of his ball handling skills. He's the player in white at the end of the video:

Morton is a POS with an agenda. Yeah, sorry we're not all over your lightly recruited player. He wasn't exactly swimming in offers when he committed. I think I'll take my chances with this staff. What a joke.

Maybe he wanted a job on the staff and Pikiell said.....HELL NO !!

Tripp has had unfortunate events negatively impact his life. He is a good kid who to his credit has not fallen by the wayside. That said, he would not add anything to the team. He can play and potentially prosper at a lower conference program. As far as Morton goes, the less said about him the better - he is not worth any time or effort.

I found a Dwayne Morton translator in Google.

Morton:
"The Rutgers coaching staff doesn't know what it's doing"'

Translation:
Pikell and his staff have zero interest in Jahil Tripp.

No subscription was needed. Tripp's coach said the new coaching staff is doing a poor job and they do not seem to "know what they are doing." I am sure that's sour grapes. We have a veteran staff and to say they don't know what they are doing is simply not credible.
I can't access article, site wants me to sign up for a paid subscription.
Is what you posted the only thing in article that was said about RU?

Reactions: MV9000
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT