ADVERTISEMENT

Jay Young's RU Practices

Just curious .....are all BB practices still monitored by a member of the athletic dept? Regardless, I'm sure there is a legal review before any BB practice film is made public.....that's from Rice. The last thing anyone from Rutgers want to see is any film with a hint of what some people would consider inappropriate practice techniques.

Last edited:
Is this a joke ? Don't find it very funny. Didn't we all just live through this?

Hopefully there is a square foot or 2 for a DVD crusher in the new practice facility just in case.

I graduated RU in '74, the days of the Barn.Each night, in season, after supper at The commons I'd head over to the gym and on up to the balcony to watch practice. There's be a handful of regulars there. Very relaxing and learned a lot.

Reactions: DirtyRU
Or maybe freeman hasn't been cleared by the docs for activity yet. Please let's not read to much into him not being in the video

Interesting..maybe we see a bigger lineup w/ freeman at the wing:
Sanders
Johnson
Freeman
Sa
Doorson

Imagine that. I do not know if I see freeman as a winger though. What do we know,though?

Probably a lot of reasons why he was not in the video. Maybe he did not come back yet?

Nonetheless, our bigs are going to be ready to do their best. This guy running with them shows them he holds himself accountable, and them.

Doorson looks powerful going to the basket. I am excited to see what this staff can do. I foresee more wins.

They practice rebounding!That is somewhat important.

Imagine that. I do not know if I see freeman as a winger though. What do we know,though?

Probably a lot of reasons why he was not in the video. Maybe he did not come back yet?

Nonetheless, our bigs are going to be ready to do their best. This guy running with them shows them he holds himself accountable, and them.

Doorson looks powerful going to the basket. I am excited to see what this staff can do. I foresee more wins.

They practice rebounding!That is somewhat important.
I think it will be laurent at the wing and freeman at the 4, but I'm sure there will be times where we play w/ an extra guard and vice versa. I don't know if it will show up in the win/loss column due to the strength of our conference but i fully expect this team to play a better brand of basketball.

I think it will be laurent at the wing and freeman at the 4, but I'm sure there will be times where we play w/ an extra guard and vice versa. I don't know if it will show up in the win/loss column due to the strength of our conference but i fully expect this team to play a better brand of basketball.

I think so,too. I think a three guard line up helps play a faster style of game, but you need to have really good people collecting rebounds to use it effectively without it worsening your rebounding capabilities.

Fast play definitely seems to be a style we will play. Sanders, Johnson, Williams. We have some versatility. I agree. It might not show up, but I do not think we will see the blowouts we have in recent years. Jay young seems like the kind of character that would blow up if his team got beat that bad. He seems to be putting in a lot.

I love the bigs practice there, they are practicing the one thing I have been saying to myself for years....we can't hit close to the basket when there is chaos. Good stuff.

ADVERTISEMENT