ADVERTISEMENT

J'den Cox joining NJRTC?? 😲 SKWC split from NJRTC

Details on the NJRTC/NYCRTC partnership:
https://www.newjerseyrtc.com/nycrtc. They're practicing together and inviting other RTCs to join them for workouts, so I'd guess SKWC will be able to workout at both locations at times. One interesting piece of potential news is that NJRTC now lists Graff as their resident athlete, so did he leave SKWC or is he a resident athlete for both? With Ashnault joining the Rutgers staff, SKWC appears to need at least 1 or 2 resident athletes now to replace him and Graff, as we only have 3:

Myles Martin
Ethan Ramos
Kemol Begakov

Can anyone confirm Graff is no longer here? Potential replacements?

Last edited:
Details on the NJRTC/NYCRTC partnership:
https://www.newjerseyrtc.com/nycrtc. They're practicing together and inviting other RTCs to join them for workouts, so I'd guess SKWC will be able to workout at both locations at times. One interesting piece of potential news is that NJRTC now lists Graff as their resident athlete, so did he leave SKWC or is he a resident athlete for both? With Ashnault joining the Rutgers staff, SKWC appears to need at least 1 or 2 resident athletes now to replace him and Graff, as we only have 3:

Myles Martin
Ethan Ramos
Kemol Begakov

Can anyone confirm Graff is no longer here? Potential replacements?
Based on yesterday's SKWC email, Ashnault is staying on as a resident athlete, so we have him and Myles Martin as the lead athletes there. No mention of Graff, so I assume he's moved over to or staying with NJRTC? Are Ramos and Begakov the other 2 SKWC resident athletes? Are we adding 1 more big name?

Myles Martin
Anthony Ashnault
Ethan Ramos
Kemol Begakov

Based on yesterday's SKWC email, Ashnault is staying on as a resident athlete, so we have him and Myles Martin as the lead athletes there. No mention of Graff, so I assume he's moved over to or staying with NJRTC? Are Ramos and Begakov the other 2 SKWC resident athletes? Are we adding 1 more big name?

Myles Martin
Anthony Ashnault
Ethan Ramos
Kemol Begakov
I'm still trying to understand all this. Where does SKWC train? Same location as the Rutgers team or different? How does Ashnault divide his time?

I can't find a list of resident athletes on the SKWC website, just coaches minus Ashnault. NJRTC does provide a link to their coaches and athletes, which isn't current and still lists Ashnault. Many of the names are missing from both websites. Can it be that hard to keep the information updated? Even without the clarity, NJRTC seems the (much) stronger of the two.

Seabass got to the semi-finals of the Pan Sm championships at 65 kg and got overpowered by Joey McKenna 10-0 with a TD and a bunch of gut wrench turns. Joey is a legit 65kg and Seabass is a 61 kg at best

I'm still trying to understand all this. Where does SKWC train? Same location as the Rutgers team or different? How does Ashnault divide his time?

I can't find a list of resident athletes on the SKWC website, just coaches minus Ashnault. NJRTC does provide a link to their coaches and athletes, which isn't current and still lists Ashnault. Many of the names are missing from both websites. Can it be that hard to keep the information updated? Even without the clarity, NJRTC seems the (much) stronger of the two.
SKWC trains at the APC where Rutgers trains. NJRTC used to split training between Rutgers and Princeton, but now trains only at Princeton (actually they've been training off campus in Hillsborough for about a year due to pandemic and Princeton restrictions).

Both SKWC and NJRTC list their resident athletes, but they both need to update their websites with current info. Here's a guess:

SKWC resident athletes
Myles Martin
Anthony Ashnault
Ethan Ramos
Kemol Begakov

NJRTC/Princeton resident athletes
Nate Jackson
Tyler Graff
CJ Brucki

Seems like Princeton/NJRTC replaced Meredith with Graff, and we replaced Downey with Martin, but no one has confirmed the Graff move. I thought NJRTC also had Boris Novachkov but I can't find him anywhere so who knows. I'm guessing they'll announce a new athlete replacing him. Based on those lists, NJRTC doesn't look any stronger than SKWC, and that's also likely why they announced this training partnership with NYCRTC and want to train with SKWC, PRTC, and other RTCs.

Now let's look at our neighbors at the Pennsylvania RTC (PRTC) (UPenn and Drexel), which is stacked and Jordan Burroughs is supposed to be joining them soon:

Joey McKenna
Mark Hall
Ethan Lizak
Dan Vallimont
David McFadden
Richard Perry
Ben Honis
Mauro Correnti

And our NYCRTC neighbors in Hoboken at Edge:

Shelton Mack
Vladimer Khinchegashvili
Nestor Taffur
Mitch Finesilver
Frank Chamizo (how often is he around?)

SKWC trains at the APC where Rutgers trains. NJRTC used to split training between Rutgers and Princeton, but now trains only at Princeton (actually they've been training off campus in Hillsborough for about a year due to pandemic and Princeton restrictions).

Both SKWC and NJRTC list their resident athletes, but they both need to update their websites with current info. Here's a guess:

SKWC resident athletes
Myles Martin
Anthony Ashnault
Ethan Ramos
Kemol Begakov

Nate Jackson
Tyler Graff
CJ Brucki

Seems like Princeton/NJRTC replaced Meredith with Graff, and we replaced Downey with Martin, but no one has confirmed the Graff move. I thought NJRTC also had Boris Novachkov but I can't find him anywhere so who knows. I'm guessing they'll announce a new athlete replacing him. Based on those lists, NJRTC doesn't look any stronger than SKWC, and that's also likely why they announced this training partnership with NYCRTC and want to train with SKWC, PRTC, and other RTCs.

Now let's look at our neighbors at the Pennsylvania RTC (PRTC) (UPenn and Drexel), which is stacked and Jordan Burroughs is supposed to be joining them soon:

Joey McKenna
Mark Hall
Ethan Lizak
Dan Vallimont
David McFadden
Richard Perry
Ben Honis
Mauro Correnti

Shelton Mack
Vladimer Khinchegashvili
Nestor Taffur
Mitch Finesilver
Penn RTC is no joke. It is well funded has great leadership and backers behind the scenes and will continue to grow. Have you seen the improvement from McFadden and McKenna? They are doing something right. That’s not a knock on the SKWC btw. I just think we could use a “little more” funding to take that next step.

Reactions: Leonard23
Penn RTC is no joke. It is well funded has great leadership and backers behind the scenes and will continue to grow. Have you seen the improvement from McFadden and McKenna? They are doing something right. That’s not a knock on the SKWC btw. I just think we could use a “little more” funding to take that next step.
Yup. Very well organized. We definitely need more $. McKenna has improved a ton. Wish he was at SKWC.

SKWC resident athletes
Myles Martin
Anthony Ashnault
Ethan Ramos
Kemol Begakov

Nate Jackson
Tyler Graff
CJ Brucki
Thank you; that was helpful. If Ashnault remains as a resident athlete as well as assistant coach, presumably full time, and the SKWC and Rutgers team work out at the same location, I hope to see (figuratively) Ashnault full-time coaching with an emphasis now more on developing others than himself.

It can't possibly be that hard to update the site information as long as they themselves know what's going on.

SCNJ said"A lot of people want to “grow the sport” but it’s crazy how inaccessible wrestling information can be", which I find very true. Today, the target weights of the Rutgers wrestlers are not updated in the roster. I know that I would appreciate more information about weight projections, injury status, progress reports, etc. Football does it but we tend to be in the dark about wrestler conditions until someone notices and even then, it's difficult to find out what's going on.

Reactions: Leonard23
Yup. Very well organized. We definitely need more $. McKenna has improved a ton. Wish he was at SKWC.
So is Tyler Graff no longer affiliated with Rutgers Wrestling as a volunteer coach? Is SKWC going to hire their own coach or is Humphrey going to still split duties?

So is Tyler Graff no longer affiliated with Rutgers Wrestling as a volunteer coach? Is SKWC going to hire their own coach or is Humphrey going to still split duties?
🤷🏻🤷🏽‍♂️ Humphrey coaches NJRTC

SKWC resident athletes
Myles Martin
Anthony Ashnault
Ethan Ramos
Kemol Begakov

Nate Jackson
Tyler Graff
CJ Brucki

Joey McKenna
Mark Hall
Ethan Lizak
Dan Vallimont
David McFadden
Richard Perry
Ben Honis
Mauro Correnti

Shelton Mack
Vladimer Khinchegashvili
Nestor Taffur
Mitch Finesilver
JO to NYCRTC and will be working with NJRTC. Mineo mentioned earlier possibly NJRTC and maybe even on Princeton staff...

Must be nice to be flush with cash. We need some.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jersey Boys
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT