ADVERTISEMENT

Jerry Carino Q&A

Have a hard coming around to a writer who gleefully mocked RU Hoops fans and parroting Hobbs (keyboard warriors?) for not making a bigger stink over Schiano. Four hours later Carino was awfully silent.

Reactions: scarlet night
Wish he asked question about Jacob Young. You have liked to had read both Jerry's and Steve's thoughts on him for next year.

Interesting article. I agree with him with regard to 13 scholarship players. There is no way you can keep everyone happy which just leads to roster turnover. 11 seems like a good number with #12 being a sit out transfer and #13 rolling over (or being used if someone great falls into your lap).

The last answer is key, imo. We've had good coaches but they never quite had the rosters to match their style. Well, Rice's first team that he inherited from FHJ was actually a great fit but they were a little short on talent.

Reactions: Scarlet83
Last week, BEFORE Cliff verballed, we were on a few way too early pre-season top 25 lists.
Get used to it, Trumpet!!
No, it's too much! I need to sit down!

Man, that is going to be awesome. I hope our guys can handle the heavier expectations that will come with this.

Reactions: Scarlet83
Have a hard coming around to a writer who gleefully mocked RU Hoops fans and parroting Hobbs (keyboard warriors?) for not making a bigger stink over Schiano. Four hours later Carino was awfully silent.

What happened?

I think people are sleeping on mag. He is going to play next year. He brings superb athleticism, defense and toughness. We need that element in a 6’7 player. You might say that macconnel or RHJ can bring that and they will but I think mag might have another level to his defense that these guys might not have. He’ll be great in practice for those guys to practice against. His personal story is inspiring. He brings another POV to the locker room.

I have stated several times that I feel also that Mag will very possibly get more playing time than Reiber or Palmquist. His toughness and his rebounding have been stressed often. He sounds to me like he will fit well into Steve's scheme. Palmquist can shoot the ball. I mentioned before that in one of the practices he shot 16 of 16 on free throws to win a competitive foul shooting contest. He also has a nice stroke from three. Reiber is 6'10" and can shoot from three as well. However I will not be surprised at all if someone becomes a red shirt for next year. Steve knows what he is doing. He has a real plan. There are too many guys here though who ripped him and said he was on the hot seat. Please get a clue and look at the constant improvement we have made in each season since he was hired in March 2016. He started from scratch with only a few guys on our roster and we were rated # 279 by kenpom. We have moved up so very much in every ranking system since that time but some were unhappy if we didn't finish over .500 immediately. Steve stuck with his plan and we are seeing dividends now. I am grateful to all of the RU fans like myself who have never wavered in their love for RU even during the bad times. We are the ones who are enjoying this the most.

I have stated several times that I feel also that Mag will very possibly get more playing time than Reiber or Palmquist. His toughness and his rebounding have been stressed often. He sounds to me like he will fit well into Steve's scheme. Palmquist can shoot the ball. I mentioned before that in one of the practices he shot 16 of 16 on free throws to win a competitive foul shooting contest. He also has a nice stroke from three. Reiber is 6'10" and can shoot from three as well. However I will not be surprised at all if someone becomes a red shirt for next year. Steve knows what he is doing. He has a real plan. There are too many guys here though who ripped him and said he was on the hot seat. Please get a clue and look at the constant improvement we have made in each season since he was hired in March 2016. He started from scratch with only a few guys on our roster and we were rated # 279 by kenpom. We have moved up so very much in every ranking system since that time but some were unhappy if we didn't finish over .500 immediately. Steve stuck with his plan and we are seeing dividends now. I am grateful to all of the RU fans like myself who have never wavered in their love for RU even during the bad times. We are the ones who are enjoying this the most.

You are the dude!

YES!!!!!

I think Palmquist's early enrollment will help him get on the court because he is slightly more accustomed to college life and big ten basketball life. He's also more athletic and bigger than you think. I've seen him in person and he's taller than Caleb who i believe to be 6'7. If he can make 3s he'll see court time. Reiber is interesting because he is a unique skill set that Rutgers hasn't really had. He's a more new school frontcourt player in that he can shoot the 3 a bit which is a crucially valuable player to have in modern basketball. As you saw against us this year when you could draw Myles out of the paint it spaced the floor and allowed guard to penetrate easy or if he sagged off open up an easy 3. If Reiber can play D1 defense i don't think he'll redshirt like you all seem to believe. But that is to be seen as playing frontcourt defense in the B1G is a tough thing to do.

Reactions: Loyal-Son
ADVERTISEMENT