ADVERTISEMENT

Jerry Recco Talks to Pikiell

I like Jerry and I plan to listen, but I'd wager good money he lobbed a bunch of softballs at Steve.

He definitely did not softball him through the Gene transfer, however Pikiell sidestepped his answer a little bit. I'm not sure what you want though. Maybe we'll just have every reporter/play-by-play guys yell at our coaches and then the board can complain that the press and media hates us.

I'm not sure what else Pike can say about the transfer without sounding like he has sour grapes. I think it's clear that he doesn't think it was a good decision but he still had a relationship with the player and his family and he doesn't want to trash anyone.

Bottom line is if you start spewing negativity about the transfer, it's a bad look to future recruits and players currently in the program.

"I haven't even listened yet, but let me shit on this." What great people we have on this board. GTFO
I have noticed that you aren't happy unless criticizing other fans for expressing their opinions.This is a message board with varying opinions depending on the subject matter.Fans wouldn't be on this board if they didn't want Rutgers sports teams to be successful.because they have been season ticket holders for decades.

I have noticed that you aren't happy unless criticizing other fans for expressing their opinions.This is a message board with varying opinions depending on the subject matter.Fans wouldn't be on this board if they didn't want Rutgers sports teams to be successful.because they have been season ticket holders for decades.
Thank you for essentially quoting back to me my prior post where I pointed out to you that fans would not be on here if they did not care about winning.

While I'm thrilled you decided to make a non-repetitive post, I hate to inform you that I actually post quite often in a positive sense about the team and individual players. You happen to notice my negative posts about individuals because you are insufferable and many of them have been directed at you.

Jerry asked great questions that anyone on this board would want to ask. And I don’t think Steve dodged any of them. It’s good stuff and talks about the upcoming trip and yeboah and all the good things happening with the program. 30 minutes packed with info.

Last edited:
The best think about listening to Coach is I never get the sense that he’s saying any BS nonsense.

And I can say he’s the only coach I’ve ever heard that doesn’t ever seem to get ruffled or fazed by anything; nothing is too big and he appreciates the small stuff.

You can’t help but love the guy!!

Reactions: rubigtimenow
The best think about listening to Coach is I never get the sense that he’s saying any BS nonsense.

And I can say he’s the only coach I’ve ever heard that doesn’t ever seem to get ruffled or fazed by anything; nothing is too big and he appreciates the small stuff.

He is a genuine guy that you want here for the next 15 years. Really hope that he’s the one that finally gets us out of this malaise. Heading in the right direction.

in all my years following pikiell he has always said the right thing. You will never hear him trash a coach, player, ref, blame others for losses.... On top of that he always finds ways to credit other people whether it is the college president, athletic department, NJ community or acknowledge every player not just one or two...

He handled the Gene question perfectly.

in all my years following pikiell he has always said the right thing. You will never hear him trash a coach, player, ref, blame others for losses.... On top of that he always finds ways to credit other people whether it is the college president, athletic department, NJ community or acknowledge every player not just one or two...

He handled the Gene question perfectly.

He absolutely did... My point was Recco didn't softball him on it and wanted Pikiell to walk him through the timeline of what happened. Pikiell wasn't going to do that, so he sidestepped it in a smart way. Pikiell is fantastic.

as you listen to this ,there is a lot of talk about "kids" leaving due to minutes and the number of shots they can take--reading between the lines it does seem credible that Gene may have left due to this

It's pretty simple when you stop and think about it 66, we bring in Akwasi and Eugene picks up his ball and goes home (or to Oregon).

Mike Rice gave great post game interviews. Everything else aside. Told you how it was straight up.

Did that really happen? I don't remember hearing that but if true that makes it wayyy worse. Throwing balls at kids shins was overblown IMO.

Did that really happen? I don't remember hearing that but if true that makes it wayyy worse. Throwing balls at kids shins was overblown IMO.
That would have been reported I think. Sounds like it was just invented.

Reactions: RUonBrain
That would have been reported I think. Sounds like it was just invented.
I certainly didn't invent it. I get that people here still have an odd fondness for Rice. There were multiple reports about racial slurs during the whole thing. I'm not gonna go dig it up everytime people forget what an ugly incident that whole thing was, but people on here clearly have the internet.

Have a great day.

I certainly didn't invent it. I get that people here still have an odd fondness for Rice. There were multiple reports about racial slurs during the whole thing. I'm not gonna go dig it up everytime people forget what an ugly incident that whole thing was, but people on here clearly have the internet.

Have a great day.

Thought he called Biruta a fag/******

Have a great day.
I went to a practice once to pick up tickets when I was a student. He was calling players f*ckin sissies and throwing balls at them. I saw Biruta pick one up and kick it into the seats and then a student manager run into the stands to chase after it.

I went to a practice once to pick up tickets when I was a student. He was calling players f*ckin sissies and throwing balls at them. I saw Biruta pick one up and kick it into the seats and then a student manager run into the stands to chase after it.
I’m really glad we have Pike.

Reactions: Scangg

Have a great day.

Fafgutt and pussy and making fun of Biruta.ethnicity. Go to a couple of top high school coaches practices and hear what they say. Do not make shit up.

And jeez. You can't even use the term ****** on this site without it being edited.

Yes, it was a gay type slur nothing to do with racism. That’s my recollection. Can a College Coach in any sport survive racial slurs or gay type slurs in any way?
Well, nope he didn’t survive. I don’t think it was the basketballs but, they didn’t help...

Dont try to lecture me while defending Rice. Go **** yourself. (Did that get through or edited?)

Your dumb ass needs to be banned.

Oh, and a quick Google search of 5 articles I read on Rice didn't mention the N word ONCE. In this day and age it would be in the headline of the article if he called someone that. So yeah, you invented that.

Last edited:
Your dumb ass needs to be banned.

Oh, and a quick Google search of 5 articles I read on Rice didn't mention the N word ONCE. In this day and age it would be in the headline of the article if he called someone that. So yeah, you invented that.
You got censored trying to write a gay slur on a website and then think I should be banned? Cool story, bro.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT