ADVERTISEMENT

Jersey numbers: Simpson (0), Spencer (10), Woolfolk (13), Chol (24)

kcg88

Heisman Winner
Aug 11, 2017
THIS WAS ORIGINALLY POSTED JUNE 23, 2022. Read further downthread for updates.

Woolfolk and Spencer both wore 12 at their last stop (Brush HS/Loyola MD) but obviously it's retired for Sellers here. Simpson wore #2 as a junior and #3 as a senior at Lenape. Let the Geo comparisons truly go wild now that he's #0.

Walk-on Andrew Fulin is listed as #20 but that number is also retired (Bailey). He was #23 last season so I assume that's what he'll be going with again and it's just a typo here.

Heights/weights have not been updated, that usually happens in the fall.

Last edited:
Either woolfolk grew or they lying on his measurables
Very interesting observation. I know they stretch these measurements, but that’s across the board. Every recruiting article listed him at 6-7. He must have grown Seeing that we put him on the roster at 6-9. They wouldn’t pad 2 full inches.

Reactions: MiloTalon13
Very interesting observation. I know they stretch these measurements, but that’s across the board. Every recruiting article listed him at 6-7. He must have grown Seeing that we put him on the roster at 6-9. They wouldn’t pad 2 full inches.
I'd probably go with the initial measurements, but it wouldn't be unprecedented that a guy grows an inch or two before his freshman year.

Geo has been incredibly complimentary of Simpson, so there very well may have been a conversation.

gFOmBNG.png

jb3CVqW.png

Harper was listed at 6'6" on the RU Roster and measured in at 6"4 1/2 at the NBA so I would expect every player on the roster is at least 1 inch shorter than their listed heights. Big O is not 6'11".

Either woolfolk grew or they lying on his measurables
Or the 6-7 was measured when he was a sophomore in high school. That often happens with Rivals and 247 - a kid has height and weight inputted early on in high school and it never gets updated.

If you look at current pics of Woolfolk, he looks every bit of 6-8 or 6-9, 240+

xx6R8Si.png

Amateur height guessing:

Hyatt 6-6
Woolfolk 6-8
Chol 6-9 (his shoulders are higher than Dean's in this photo but he seems to be holding them up while Dean has his lower)
Reiber 6-10
Cliff 6-11

Woolfolk, I believe, was a TE in high school and recruited as a TE for college and looks built like it. I don't know if he will be as good a basketball player as Antonio Gates or Tony Gonzalez, but those two had zero issue defending post players at 6'4" and 6'5" respectively. When you are "big", you are big. Whether he is 6'6" or 6'7" or 6'8" i don't think he will have an issue, because of his height, defending post players. Time will tell.

Last edited:
Or the 6-7 was measured when he was a sophomore in high school. That often happens with Rivals and 247 - a kid has height and weight inputted early on in high school and it never gets updated.

If you look at current pics of Woolfolk, he looks every bit of 6-8 or 6-9, 240+
I was going off his film, he didn’t look that big, at least height wise. But it seems in photos and people who have seen him live, he is a big guy. Anyways, he was recruited due to being able to defend Jalen Duren, who was just drafted 13th in the NBA, in AAU so I’m not too worried about his size, but he also didn’t seem to be almost cliffs height either

Rivals and MaxPreps both have him at 6-8, and the 247 commitment article from Bobby Deren had him at 6-8. The 247 site has him at 6-7, though. No one had him at 6-9.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT