ADVERTISEMENT

Joe Girard

NJGuy

Redshirt
Nov 13, 2007
Article on him in today's NY Post. Upstate NY -- Big scorer and supposedly a great 3 point shooter. Getting some nice offers.

We on him?

joe_g.jpg.aspx

Oh god no! I knew someone would post his image--LOL! Good ol' Joe Ritardi. The worst in-game manager in baseball. Witness the last three excruciating losses by the "genius."

This kid is for the class of 2019. He has quite a few offers already including Washington, St. John's & Penn State. Many have come over the past week or so. I think GW was the first team to offer him in 2016.

We have Brittany LaPlante on our Ladies soccer team from same area. She can play.

Oh god no! I knew someone would post his image--LOL! Good ol' Joe Ritardi. The worst in-game manager in baseball. Witness the last three excruciating losses by the "genius."
I'll trade you for Terry Collins and throw in Dan Warthen and the strength and conditioning coach.

I'm a cardinals fan, Matheny can't be better
He is. He is absolutely clueless. He literally lost us three games with his decision making in the past four games. The Yankees were up in all four of those games and even regardless of injuries and/or some of the work the relievers had done on previous nights, he brings in a kid from AA ball in a pressure situation in an Angels game and the kid gives up a two run HR in the eighth and the Yankees lose. He then continues to bring in Tyler Clippard even after he has blown three previous games. He never learns.

Then it nearly took him three weeks to put Hicks up second and move Sanchez down to sixth where he's now thriving. I saw that move two months ago. No, I'm not a manager but I played competitive baseball; coach baseball; and have been a fan of the game for fifty years. I know a little bit about the game. To me Girardi is by far one of the worst in-game managers I've ever seen. He's good at clubhouse organization and resting guys, even though 24 and 25 year old kids don't need to be rested nearly as much as the veterans.

Kid can shoot. I think the question at this level is; can he defend? Can he make space for himself or others, dribble, adjust to speed of high-major game? Sorry to sound somewhat skeptical, but alarms go off for me when most highlights are from workout sessions.

Not sure what you mean when most highlights are from workout sessions. I just happened to post three videos, one was a workout session. There were others too. I have no association to the player, just posted some videos for people to see. There are others on YouTube.

I watched a few videos of actual game footage. He was only a sophomore and still has time to grow. In the videos I watched he was the focus of the defense, many times dealing with multiple defenders. He had no problems getting shots off, although some were forced shots. He works off screens well. Lets see how he develops, but not even sure we are interested. Now for defense, well lets just say he would need to be coached up.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT