ADVERTISEMENT

Joe Nardella In PLL Championship

HeavenUniv.

Hall of Famer
Sep 21, 2004
Former Rutgers lacrosse player Joe Nardella will be in the PLL Championship Sunday at 12:30 on NBC. Go ‘Snakes !

Last edited:
Great thread @Caliknight I watched the whip snakes in the final the other Sunday and what a game and comeback in the 4th for them.
Couple questions
Do you see the MLL surviving? The PLL clearly seems like the better league now and is getting way more attention. I think their setup is better for pro lacrosse. What are your thoughts on PLL?

Also the whipsnakes head coach is a NJ guy and coaches lacrosse now at the Hun School. Jim Stagnitta. His son plays at Hopkins and actually has been giving lessons to my nephew this summer.

Great thread @Caliknight I watched the whip snakes in the final the other Sunday and what a game and comeback in the 4th for them.
Couple questions
Do you see the MLL surviving? The PLL clearly seems like the better league now and is getting way more attention. I think their setup is better for pro lacrosse. What are your thoughts on PLL?

Also the whipsnakes head coach is a NJ guy and coaches lacrosse now at the Hun School. Jim Stagnitta. His son plays at Hopkins and actually has been giving lessons to my nephew this summer.

I can see the MLL folding or being absorbed by the PLL. The PLL is putting a better produced product on the field, and it's drawing most of the better players now. The PLL also has some much more serious backing behind it. I like the product so far, but it is a little Instagrammy. The are going after the younger market. I like the shorter field set up. That's where lacrosse is going. When it is played in the Olympics in likely two cycles, the game will look very, very different. Think six on six, no long poles, no faceoffs and no offsides. I do think the PLL is going to have to go to a city based model though, which I believe is in their business plans.

As to Stagnitta, there are few guys more unliked in the RU lax family than that guy. He tried to destroy everything Coach Hayes built, and left Coach Brecht a massive mess to try and clean up. He spent the first 3 years just trying to do that and bring the alums back together. I won't get into it hear, but there is a reason he isn't part of family. You see Coach Hayes at events. You will never see him.

Reactions: superfan01
I can see the MLL folding or being absorbed by the PLL. The PLL is putting a better produced product on the field, and it's drawing most of the better players now. The PLL also has some much more serious backing behind it. I like the product so far, but it is a little Instagrammy. The are going after the younger market. I like the shorter field set up. That's where lacrosse is going. When it is played in the Olympics in likely two cycles, the game will look very, very different. Think six on six, no long poles, no faceoffs and no offsides. I do think the PLL is going to have to go to a city based model though, which I believe is in their business plans.

As to Stagnitta, there are few guys more unliked in the RU lax family than that guy. He tried to destroy everything Coach Hayes built, and left Coach Brecht a massive mess to try and clean up. He spent the first 3 years just trying to do that and bring the alums back together. I won't get into it hear, but there is a reason he isn't part of family. You see Coach Hayes at events. You will never see him.
Appreciate the reply. I completely didn’t realize the mess Stagnitta left. Would love to hear more about it when the time arises. I plan to get more active following men’s lacrosse at RU.
As for the PLL. I agree on the marketing and Instagramy style. My nephews are 7 and 8 and are getting into lacrosse seriously with their friends and are obsessed with the PLL. Granted they were obsessed with Paul Rabil at first who brilliantly marketed himself to young kids on YouTube with his trick shot videos and such. I do feel lacrosse remains a growing sport abd is strong in this area. The local tryouts for an elite team down the shore was packed with young talent.
Can’t wait to take my nephes to an RU game. They would be pumped.

That's awesome. Brian is really open with the program and very welcoming to fans and alums a like. Lotta great role models on that team too. Hard working, great kids who all go on to do good things in life. Doctors, Navy SEALS, we seen them all come through there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT