ADVERTISEMENT

Jon Crispin

Nov 3, 2015
He was the color announcer last night. He's hard to take for me. Didn't like him saying "bad lineup" (even though he was correct) and even though he knows what he's talking about, it just comes out kind of scattered and difficult to listen to with most of his other comments. Is it just me?

Also, regarding the game: 1) it was tied with 1:30 left - on the road against a good team, just couldn't close it out.
2) Caleb looked good. He was a willing scorer, in addition to playing the PG, and his defense was fine. We'll need him to be a scorer as the season progresses.
3) I'm hoping that Cam settles down. He's probably feeling pressure to score. If he doesn't put up around 15 pts a game, with at least a few 3s, we've got some major concerns.

Overall, I'm still optimistic that we'll be in the top half of the B10.

His "bad lineup" was pretty much anyone but all the starters.
I thought he was about average but I think most of those guys suck at what should be a job filled with people who are awesome at it.

Used to watch the Crispin brothers play a lot when they were kids. My HS girlfriend's little brother was on a rec team with them, then saw them at Pitman. I remember that there was not a jumpshot that either of them ever encountered that they didn't take.

Reactions: DirtyRU
Why did he transfer from Penn state to ucla? He was solid at Penn state and went to the sweet 16. Then he stunk at ucla .
John are you here ???
Not sure if I trust a guy with this bad decision giving analysis.

I thought he was fair most of the game. He made a good point about the offense running through Cliff. Cliff is best when he lets the play come to him. Plus, having Paul back soon will surely help.

I think he’s pretty good, obviously knowledgeable, but did notice he needed to take a few breaths. Just too much yak this game.

Reactions: MiloTalon13
His "bad lineup" was pretty much anyone but all the starters.
I thought he was about average but I think most of those guys suck at what should be a job filled with people who are awesome at it.

Yes, I was cracking up about that. So basically what he was telling us was that we’re a crappy offensive team.

Reactions: MiloTalon13
Thought crispin was on point much of the game

Agreed - he was spot on with the line up comments. Pike’s approach of trying to rest 3 starters at once (like last year) might be okay once Paul returns. It was devastating in this game. The stretch when he sent Caleb and Cliff to the bench together in the first half was a 6 point swing in about a minute. If your only going to play your bench players for 28 collective minutes - Cliff should not be on the bench at the same time as Caleb and I think Cam was out too. That’s ridiculous. You can’t expect Miller and Simpson to run things with Wolf and Dean or whoever was in there. Sub in Wolf or Dean with the Starting guards.

Early on he kept calling for Hyatt to be fed the ball because he had hit 3 in a row from 3. Erroneous “hot hand” thinking and ultimately we saw how that worked out.

I felt like it was a miami broadcast, instead of an Acc/Big 10 match-up.
Another NJ guy like Jim Spanarkle who eats their own. Funny even after all these years when Spanarkle gives his sales pitch for his investment business you've got to hear about his record free throws like that's a reason to hire him. My clients didn't. I don't like that guy.

ADVERTISEMENT